Wandering Wednesday

Annarchy

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Dawn has broken, the birds are singing, hummingbirds are sword fighting and most everyone is still sleeping. LOL

Today, I will be on the road again, heading east to Texas. It is hard on my heart, when DH says, "Don't go." And then, MIL says the same. :sigh: My suit case is out, but not packed yet and I still hope to wash the car down. It's been dusty here and the neighborhood cats have paw prints on the windshield and hood. :gaah:

Last week, I transplanted my spices into pots and brought them indoors. They were getting over heated and sunburned. DH is thrilled and says when you spray them with water it makes the house smell wonderful. :wub:

What is going on in your slice of the world?

Very warm and very humid right now due to storms all around us. Garden's doing wonderful. We're now fully retired & sorting things out to sell so we can start living in our travel trailer...wherever it might be. We'll store the things we want/need to keep once we have the storage barns emptied of sellable items. We're going to "stash the cash" and concentrate then on getting both the little house and this house sold...this house first. It ate our lunch last year in cooling bills. We've raised the temp on the a/c and pretty much wander around the house commando and sleep that way also, to keep cool without the a/c running all the time. We took Abby over the homestead yesterday, filled her wading pool with water, then let her "chase the sprinkler" for awhile as well as playing frisbie with her. Pulled a few little weeds etc. from our garden. Keeping watch "situational awareness" and still parking the truck at the homestead. Since MM's retired, he doesn't need it parked here anyway.

Ann, praying for you to have a safe trip. And, for you and your MIL.

It's cool here and not humid today. It was nice to open the window this morning and feel the cool air for a change! I'm enjoying it today as we're expecting hot and humid later in the week and this weekend.

I haven't been doing very much. DH has been doing things to be helpful, without being asked, like the dishes. That's nice.

The phrase "morning sickness" is a big, fat lie because it actually lasts all day. I'm not throwing up, just queasy. I've been doing little things to help with that. Yesterday I couldn't even look at the box of Rice Chex because just the idea of something crunchy...well, it wasn't something I wanted to think about. Overall, I'm feeling well, though! The doc's office called with my blood work results and everything looked good.

We're having a great lettuce crop in the garden. I spotted a tiny green pepper on one of the pepper plants yesterday. And there's little tomatoes on the cherry tomato plants. We didn't even bother with beets. With the chipmunks, it's just not worth it.

Have a safe trip, Ann. Continued prayers for your mil.

Oh, OOTO, morning sickness is something i am glad I haven't had to deal with in over 17 years. Do you have any diet restrictions with peppermint? I used to find even the aroma of peppermint to give some relief. Peppermint sticks/candies helped too.

I've been getting some paperwork for school in order for ds. We have until June 30th to submit it, but they get a little snippy if you wait too long. Kids grow so fast :sigh:

Also have been working on some crochet ~ it's relaxing for me, and with the stuff going on, I need the diversion.

I was going to bring some tatting with me, but I could not find the patterns before I left. So, I'll work on keeping MIL company and doing the ToDo list she has for me. LOL

The drive here was uneventful, thank God. There is a major fire burning in New Mexico up around Silver City. You could see the plume of smoke from I-10. There is also a fire burning in AZ up near Prescott. The AZ fire burned 7000 acres in one day. I am hoping this fire season eases up soon. All the fires I have heard about were man made. :soapbox:

OOTO, have you tried plain crackers? Hoping it fades quickly. (I'm so excited for you.) Nice to hear your garden is producing for you.

Philbe, retirement is not all it is cracked up to be, sometimes. Adjusting to DH being home all the time was a major challenge for me. Enjoy! After 5 years, I'm still adjusting. LOL

What are you crocheting, Lumabeam? I know I need to make more doilies, (Frank the ferret liked to eat them. :sigh: ), but I have not found the time to focus on things like that lately. I miss those type of projects.

MIL cooked roast beast for dinner. Company came over and we postpone it for a while.

I was going to bring some tatting with me, but I could not find the patterns before I left. So, I'll work on keeping MIL company and doing the ToDo list she has for me. LOL

The drive here was uneventful, thank God. There is a major fire burning in New Mexico up around Silver City. You could see the plume of smoke from I-10. There is also a fire burning in AZ up near Prescott. The AZ fire burned 7000 acres in one day. I am hoping this fire season eases up soon. All the fires I have heard about were man made. :soapbox:

OOTO, have you tried plain crackers? Hoping it fades quickly. (I'm so excited for you.) Nice to hear your garden is producing for you.

Philbe, retirement is not all it is cracked up to be, sometimes. Adjusting to DH being home all the time was a major challenge for me. Enjoy! After 5 years, I'm still adjusting. LOL

What are you crocheting, Lumabeam? I know I need to make more doilies, (Frank the ferret liked to eat them. :sigh: ), but I have not found the time to focus on things like that lately. I miss those type of projects.

MIL cooked roast beast for dinner. Company came over and we postpone it for a while.

Retirement works for us. We've worked, played & traveled together since we married so we're extremely compatible and used to being together. When we met, that was one of the things that drew us to one another...so many things in common but just enough different to make life fun. We agreed that if there was anything about him that I felt needed to be changed or anything about me that needed to change, it was off and we'd go our separate ways before either of us got our hearts broken. We also know how to give each other "space" without being offended.

It was a lazy day for me. I fell off of our deck the day before yesterday so I have been a little sore. We were taking out an old toilet, set it down and I stepped too far back. I thought I was going to eat the bumper on the truck but managed to twist away from it. I think it is the twist that hurts across the right side of my back and round to the front.

I had a full day with driving bus and an eye appointment in the city yesterday. :faint3: over the prices for new glasses.

I had lenses put in an old frame; the price more than doubled since the last time I asked for a quote. Still cheaper than new frames though. I'm fussy about my glasses because I wear them almost as much as I wear my skin! I had bought two new frames in 2011 but I surely can not do that any longer.

Dh hauled grain today, and discovered what I have been warning him to be careful of, he has a small hernia at his navel, it gave him trouble with him having to shovel so much and haul the grain vac around. He also said he stumbled and fell a few times too.

If we keep this up we will need that scooter (I bought one from an auction on the weekend) Coffee row people have been giving me a hard time over that. I should have kept quiet about it.............Big joke. You should have heard them hoot when I told them we put in a higher toilet too!!!!!!! We're getting older folks, why don't people understand?

I had a neighbour girl come over after school to vacume floors, thinking I would plant the 3 (more) blueberrie bushes and another rose. It didn't happen, as there is a severe thunderstorm watch out for our area, and it is really windy. I probably would have had a difficult time digging anyway. It is nice though to have this bit of cleaning done for me.

Dh is drinking |Gatorade..............too much work and heat for him today.

lovinit,

Ewwww.... toilet replacement.... been there done that.... :yuk:

:sorry: you twisted your back, hoping it feels better soon.

Try to keep your DH from pushing it with a hernia, until he can get it fixed. Maybe, an ace bandage wrap would help. I use a back brace when I work, otherwise I know I would regret it.

lol, scooter... our neighbors threw out a wheel chair, but before I could go snag it someone else took it. Mother said, "Growing old is not for sissies."

Thanks Luma and Ann. Peppermint--not a current option. I think I have peppermint Christmas candles. I'll have to figure out where those are. Maybe just the smell would help. I don't have any options for crackers. I have been snacking on gluten-free pretzels (I figure that's close to being cracker-like!) and that helps. Also doing small snacks, ginger root and sipping 7-UP. I'm just having to watch it with the 7-UP as I'm not used to that much sugar. It was almost sickeningly sweet to me at first. :blink::bounce: (Seriously, I eat very, very little in the lines of sugar. Like Rice Chex is probably the most sugary thing I eat and even that's low in sugar.)

Lovinit, I hope you and your DH are feeling better!!

My first pregnancy made me sicker than a dog too. I was lucky to even be able to raise my head for a sip of cold Kool-Aide (unsweeted) and a nibble on a cracker before my system let me out of bed. Yuck! Never upchucked, just aweful nausea.