MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Weekend

I'm finally getting the lead out and getting this house in some kind of order. I went through 2 bookcases in the livingroom and have the books sorted into two piles. One for the one bookcase that I'm keeping in there and the other pile to go in storage. I have a lot of books. Too many. I'm off to Wal-Mart or Target to get some totes to store them in. I don't have enough cardboard boxes so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy about 6-8 if I can find them alike. OCD ya know. Everything matchy-matchy! LOL. Then I can store them either in the basement or if I ever get the attic over the garage cleaned out...they can go up there. I figure I'd get medium size ones so son can have an easier time lugging them around. Plastic totes should help keep them nice. I'm not ready to part with them yet.

I made a "July" list of everything I want to get done in here this month. If I have a list I do better. It keeps staring me down. And I can see some accomplishment. Another trick I found is if an area/room is totally out of control, I do the "Power Of Six". I have to pick up and put away at least six things every day. Once I get started I find I usually do way more than that. It's easy to get overwhelmed sometimes, huh? So it's just a little game I made up to get me kick started when I need it. Why six? :shrug:

Hope everyone is happy today.

I just finished another 50 hour week at work. I have one more set of exercises for my physical therapy to do tonnight. How come they make you hurt to get better?

I'm trying to find the black hole that my towels keep disapearing into, I'm trying to replace my ratty towels so I'm buying a new towel every week.

If I buy 52 towels 48 of them will end up in the black hole. :scratchhead: I'm thinking part of the black hole is in my Son's room.

I took most of the week off work, and yet have done spectacularly little (apart from repeatedly putting my foot in my mouth). Threw away four contractor bags of stuff, much of which I could have sold on eBay except that setting things aside for that is one of the ways I piled up so much clutter. Another contractor bag is sitting in my bedroom, mostly full, to the delight of the kitten. At least two more bags should get filled tonight and tomorrow.

I did contract for some cover art and promo art, consulted with a publicist who made me feel stupid, and gathered information needed for a withdrawal of rights letter that has to step very carefully around breach-of-contract language. I got a panel at a con, so made arrangements to actually go. Some old friends go to Atlanta for this con every year, but I've been putting it off and off and off. My ex said that I ignored him by directing all my energy to my writing. I didn't think that was true, but what is true is that since he's been gone I have not written anything worth keeping at all. It's like he was my muse--with him gone, I don't have anything to say.

Tomorrow I have to go to the laundromat again.

My youngest turned 22 this week, so we made a cake and cupcakes and a special dinner. He also got a can of ammo, a piece for his forge, and a Dr. Who flashlight, bundled in nested boxes that were duct-taped very securely and weighted down with barbell plates.

One of my cats got badly punctured and clawed up. She's not dangerously injured, but is paranoid and miserable, staying outside and getting mosquito-chewed something awful. I don't know which of the other cats did it or why.

I just finished another 50 hour week at work. I have one more set of exercises for my physical therapy to do tonnight. How come they make you hurt to get better?

I'm trying to find the black hole that my towels keep disapearing into, I'm trying to replace my ratty towels so I'm buying a new towel every week.

If I buy 52 towels 48 of them will end up in the black hole. :scratchhead: I'm thinking part of the black hole is in my Son's room.

I absolutely MUST keep my towels & washclothes etc., in their own separate hamper in the bathroom. BUT, we don't have any children to drag them around like their "comfy blanky"...LOL

Took a day trip to our favorite "cheese" warehouse. They have just about every flavor of cheese imaginable and people drive for 100's of miles to get there. One of my favorites is "blueberry white cheddar". It's delicious melted on an english muffin! Tomorrow's a work day...mowing two yards, here and the one at the little house.

We shopped 'til I about dropped yesterday. Although we bought very little. It was a more of a "seek-and-find" shopping trip.

Our attempts to find USA made baby things haven't been going well. Or at least, at this point, stuff not being made in China/Asian countries. So, for clothes, cribs, strollers, playpens, ect the following stores were a bust: Penneys, Sears, Kohls, WM, another local chain, TJ Maxx, Kids Gap, Old Navy, Children's Palace, something 8, VF Factory store, and a a bunch I can't remember the name of. My hands were red and itchy after just a couple stores, just checking tags. :sigh:

Some of the clothing stores, I noticed the "chemical" smell as soon as we walked in.

95+% of all baby clothes are from China. And it looks like every store is carrying the exact same stuff. Seriously, I kept seeing the exact same outfits from the exact same manufacturers (I hate you, Carters) in more than half the stores. Even DH commented on how there's no selection at all, just slightly different prices between stores.

We did finally find some Steelers and Penguins onesies at the VF factory store that were from S. America and bought those.

After checking car seats everywhere, too, we bought one from KMart. It's actually made in the USA. Unfortunately, the cover is China. It doesn't have a strong smell like the clothes did yesterday. I'm going to soak it alot. It's been frustrating.