MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's so hot that...................................

from weather.com :

* IMPACTS... IF PROPER PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN... HEAT EXHAUSTION OR OTHER HEAT RELATED SYMPTOMS COULD DEVELOP IN THOSE EXPOSED TO THE HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS... WITH THE VERY YOUNG AND ELDERLY MOST AT RISK.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK IN ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN POSSIBLE... RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK... THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS IN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY HEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE IS AN EMERGENCY - CALL 9 1 1.

= = =be safe folks! = = =

It's so hot here...I turned on the air conditioner.

I thought I could out last the heat wave because I knew we were getting a cool down in a couple of days. But I was sweating and miserable while just sitting in front of the fan. I looked at the temp. on the thermostat and it was 87 in here. With high humidity too. If it was that hot in here I don't even want to think what it was upstairs where I sleep. It's always a lot hotter upstairs in this house. So I turned it on.

I'm really chillaxin' now buddy! B)

Our van registered 101 yesterday while we were out. A disabled lady needed to buy a daybed for her livingroom so we sold her ours, delivered it to her (to another town) & MM set it up for her. Then took another day trip into Mennonite country and found alot of new places to shop. One whole "section" had nothing but Mennonite businesses/stores etc. Really came home with some bargains...again! But, back to the subject, it was 101 so we had to make sure Abby-girl was well vented & watered when we stepped into the stores. We roll the front windows down half way and she sits in my passenger seat and waits for "mommy" to come out! LOL!