MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

An August Sunday

Thursday I made Cucumber jelly and Fig preserves. Maybe picking more figs tonight at neighbors, not sure. Did the last picking of the garden today. Lots of jalapenos-- I'm leaving them in the water trough since they are still making. Good bit of green beans, 3 watermelons, some green tomatoes, more cucumbers and one squash. Tossed and watered some elderberry seeds in hopes that they will grow. Found my Billys Boot camp videos for this winter.

This morning I made a cranberry fluff recipe, put it in a graham cracker crust and am freezing it now. Made Buffalo pretzels by baking them with melted butter, dry ranch dressing mix, celery seed and hot wing sauce. Also made an old recipe cooking fresh squash, onion, cheese, creole seasoning and 2 tablespoons of cornmeal. Great!

I kinda hope to start doing some sewing in a week or two. I guess we will see. Sept. will be elderberry canning time - not the ones I just planted, of course. Life goes on! I have found that ginger and honey mixed really does help joint pain (only if taken twice a day though) and coconut oil really does give me energy (don't take at night!). Found that I don't like fresh mint in water and that I need to peel older squash when cooking. It is still quite hot here but should start cooling down in a month or so. That's the state of the farmette for now!

Thursday I made Cucumber jelly and Fig preserves. Maybe picking more figs tonight at neighbors, not sure. Did the last picking of the garden today. Lots of jalapenos-- I'm leaving them in the water trough since they are still making. Good bit of green beans, 3 watermelons, some green tomatoes, more cucumbers and one squash. Tossed and watered some elderberry seeds in hopes that they will grow. Found my Billys Boot camp videos for this winter.

This morning I made a cranberry fluff recipe, put it in a graham cracker crust and am freezing it now. Made Buffalo pretzels by baking them with melted butter, dry ranch dressing mix, celery seed and hot wing sauce. Also made an old recipe cooking fresh squash, onion, cheese, creole seasoning and 2 tablespoons of cornmeal. Great!

I kinda hope to start doing some sewing in a week or two. I guess we will see. Sept. will be elderberry canning time - not the ones I just planted, of course. Life goes on! I have found that ginger and honey mixed really does help joint pain (only if taken twice a day though) and coconut oil really does give me energy (don't take at night!). Found that I don't like fresh mint in water and that I need to peel older squash when cooking. It is still quite hot here but should start cooling down in a month or so. That's the state of the farmette for now!

Sounds like you're a busy beaver! This is the squash and zucchini season here too. When I peel them, I intend to use them in my "ribbon" recipe (I posted it here in recipes) so don't throw those peels out. Got an idea to try adding some creole seasoning to them next time...LOL Ginger & honey might be something I'll try, but in the past, ginger "heats" me up big time with hot flashes. I cook mostly with coconut oil and a tad of butter, and I agree, I think it does speed 'ya up...LOL We've got a "drizzly" day here today.

Thanks and yes, pretty busy. My new job has me meeting folks and making friends, even helping just 2 days a week. May have found a Church to go to also. Today was Walmart and misc. stuff in town --5 hours. Glad to be home! Hope to not go back for a week and a half or so. Only hit Walmart once a month or so.