MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Collapsible Camp Kitchen could be used in a shed or tack room

Lori needs that shelving unit! I'm putting jars on book shelves because we need another unit in our pantry :-( When MM came in for lunch he said "sounds like the canner's doing a good dance"...I told him, "that's the sound of food we can eat that we know where it came from".

Wow, Arby....cool! Very simple. Pretty cheap. Light-weight and not much space.

If any of us had to "live in a tent" for any reason.....voluntary camping or post-Hooey situation, this would definitely solve several headaches....and back aches! ALSO, it encourages good sanitation procedures! :cheer:

Reading the comments give a lot more clues and hints.

My hint is this: I have shelving like this and the legs are hollow. [as he says in comments, easy to cut to fit your height] For stabilizing for wind, since it's light, drive in four stakes or sharpened dowels [mebbe two feet tall] into ground. Position the hollow legs onto the stakes of the first level of shelf. So the stakes or dowels will be inside the hollow legs. Bet that would do it.

8688048255_966b6ebdba.jpg

Wow, Arby....cool! Very simple. Pretty cheap. Light-weight and not much space.

If any of us had to "live in a tent" for any reason.....voluntary camping or post-Hooey situation, this would definitely solve several headaches....and back aches! ALSO, it encourages good sanitation procedures! :cheer:

Reading the comments give a lot more clues and hints.

My hint is this: I have shelving like this and the legs are hollow. [as he says in comments, easy to cut to fit your height] For stabilizing for wind, since it's light, drive in four stakes or sharpened dowels [mebbe two feet tall] into ground. Position the hollow legs onto the stakes of the first level of shelf. So the stakes or dowels will be inside the hollow legs. Bet that would do it.

8688048255_966b6ebdba.jpg

I think positioning the legs over rods is a great idea to make it more stable. Tent pegs might work if the tops of them aren't too broad to let the legs slip over them. The plastic ones could be sawed off, but would be subject to breakeage when driving them into the ground or trying to remove them.