MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Awesome day

My DD1 is home for the weekend and it's clean sheets day. :hapydancsmil:

Now I only need DH to get up.

The bedrooms just need swept and dusted and they are done so while DD1 is out with friends I'm going to declutter the dinning room,.hopfuly I can get DH to help as most of the stuff is his. I have the dryer going and the next load in the washer. It's rainy so I don't think I can use the clothes line today.

My college girl home and clean sheets. Life is good. :happy0203:

What are you doing this weekend?

Congrats gofish! Sounds like you are having a wonderful day visiting with you DD1.

Cleaning day here too. I must find where I have missed cleaning up the skunk odor. It is very slight, but it is still there. :scratchhead: Grrr also has a spot between his eyes that still smells. Sheesh.

We have been getting some rain here and it is heavenly. I am beginning to think there is something drastically wrong with our water. We water the lawn and garden and it turns yellow, it rains and most of it turns green again. Unfortunately, the rain was/is not enough to salvage the dying pumpkin plants. I have no clue as to why the grow wonderful at first, then, wither up and die.

Darn thrasher bird decided to uproot an onion and was playing poke and toss with it yesterday. I replanted it a little deeper, maybe the bird will leave it alone now. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

My college girl home and clean sheets. Life is good. :happy0203:

This made me smile!

Today was my milk/egg/meat run to the farm, farmers market, went thrifting & hit a yard sale. Got some FAB deals today- vintage-ish GE cast iron waffle maker (electric) $8, brand new Farberware immersion blender (NIB still wrapped with plastic + the accessories) $3, NIB wireless kettle $3, some decor boxes, clothes, some bags/pouches for kits & some misc. I have to go buy taters, can peach butter & putz around for a bit- cleaning & organizing, putting away groceries, inventory, etc. Hot outside, so I have to test the pool, so the kids can swim.

Life IS good :)

Taking life easy...visited with some friends then took a drive ... ended up with front tire going flat so MM had to change it. He's on his way to have it either fixed, or a new set put on front. Can't remember when we had this set put on, but with front wheel drive & us on the go so much, we try to keep good tires on both vehicles.

Clean sheet day here, too. It's very hot and extremely humid here. The window a/c is running in the bedroom so the sheets will be nice and cool. It's been another long, but good, day and I think my bed is calling me.

Found a store that carries USA made high chairs. :woohoo:

God has been answering my prayers on finding USA made, safe things! Sometimes it has been frustrating finding stuff. Box stores are definitely out. I've gotten some of the best service and dealt with some of the nicest people in my quest for USA made baby stuff. It's nice to support these small businesses. I wouldn't have known about them unless I had been really looking.

The high chair is not only USA-made, but solid wood, very sturdy and Amish-made. Didn't have room in our little car, but we are going back soon in a different vehicle. I saw a crib, but we we on our way to a place and didn't want to be late. Will check crib options out better next time. It would be nice to pick some things like that out in person instead of just going by a picture online and dealing with shipping.

Hard to believe it's the last day of August. I've got my time-to-get-ready-for-winter-now feeling.

Ann, how's Grr doing?

INSP has the Anne of Green Gables miniseries on tomorrow.

:offtobed:

Taking life easy...visited with some friends then took a drive ... ended up with front tire going flat so MM had to change it. He's on his way to have it either fixed, or a new set put on front. Can't remember when we had this set put on, but with front wheel drive & us on the go so much, we try to keep good tires on both vehicles.

Had to put on two new front tires. Kept the other good tire and will sell it at next sale. Not gonna give it to them to "recycle" (we learned a long time ago, many companies sell "used" tires to poor people).