MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Weekend plans?

What's your plans for the weekend?

Some of ours are the things we didn't check off of last weekend's To-Do List. Mostly yard and garden things. Last weekend, the weather wasn't cooperating. We're also planning (if I'm feeling well) to get a high chair and hopefully a crib (at least the stuff at Amish-made furniture stores is still made in USA! :) )

It was 44 degrees here this morning and the acorns are falling on the roof. It takes a few days for me to get used to that sound every fall! I'm very much feeling like I want to be all ready for winter right now!

The local Aldi's ad has bananas for 19 cents/pound. I'm hoping WM has decent bananas so I can price match and make banana chips in the dehydrator. I think DH is ready for me to dehydrate/make the house smell like something other than onions!

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Saturday is cleaning day. Sunday is resting. Monday is swimming.

The garden... I am almost ready to quit. The pumpkin seeds sprouted nicely, grew a few beautiful large leaves and then, shriveled up and died. All the little watermelons shrivel up and turn black, after a couple of days. I have no idea what is wrong. The only speculation I have is the crop duster that flew over a few times last week. The corn looked good up until then too, now it has quit growing at all and is starting to turn brown. The spinach did the same as the pumpkins, sprouted nicely, grew a small leaf and promptly died. :sigh:

After fixing the car today, I think I am going to take it easy the rest of the day.

I have no plans this weekend. Son will come over to cut the grass either Sat. or Sun. I have some instant type rice that I want to put in a mylar bag and store in a bucket. I could easily get a headache and I feel a 'twinge' in the hip/butt area so I'm gonna take it slow so hopefully the migraine and sciatica nerve won't rear their ugly head. I'm sitting on a heating pad and have a chill thing on my neck. So, they will probably just cancel each other out! :grinning-smiley-044:

What's your plans for the weekend?

Some of ours are the things we didn't check off of last weekend's To-Do List. Mostly yard and garden things. Last weekend, the weather wasn't cooperating. We're also planning (if I'm feeling well) to get a high chair and hopefully a crib (at least the stuff at Amish-made furniture stores is still made in USA! :) )

It was 44 degrees here this morning and the acorns are falling on the roof. It takes a few days for me to get used to that sound every fall! I'm very much feeling like I want to be all ready for winter right now!

The local Aldi's ad has bananas for 19 cents/pound. I'm hoping WM has decent bananas so I can price match and make banana chips in the dehydrator. I think DH is ready for me to dehydrate/make the house smell like something other than onions!

We're still smelling a slight onion odor when we enter the back covered porch where I do all my dehydrating. Would love to just open all the windows (they're nearly all around the room ie: sun porch type thing) but we're gone too much and I keep ALOT of food "flats" and my dehydrated foods on the shelving units there.

Hubby will work all weekend. He was suppose to work today but our middle dd had gallbladder surgery. While caring for her I plan on getting the painting finished in my room. I need to pack up things for a local charity, declutter the house more, and clean. Trying to get the house ready to list and I have already procrastinated way too long. We couldn't make it up to our land today but I'm hoping that they got all the dirtwork done and at least started on the footings. May try to run up there real quick to see :)

Staying home, working on the Fall garden (mainly pulling up stuff that isn't producing and mulching/soil prep - it's still too hot to plant Fall seeds), ORGANIZING some storage things, cooking and eating entirely out of the garden and/or storage, cleaning my bedroom, and not spending any money. I'm trying to go 7 days without going to the grocery store. I think I'll make it if I can convince dh that the apples came from the store and not the tree in the backyard! I need to improvise some food grade wax for them! He is sooo funny. He has eaten the same lunch for the past 40+ years, right down to the shiny, store bought granny smith apple! If he won't bite, the apples will be my one food purchase this week! LOL He works hard, if he needs a store bought apple, he can have it!

We loaded truck up and went to open air market to sell some more things. It was a "so-so" day, but it makes more room in the garges and a bit more in our retirement fund :-) Tomorrow Mtn.Man will do some mowing and we may take a short motorcycle ride if he stays on smooth roads. Not in for a bumpy ride!