MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Obamacare - Now What?

Yup, emphasis on the "Affordable" Care Act. What a laugh. If you don't want the coverage you will be fined (and potentially be imprisoned if you persist) and you probably will not qualify for any subsidy. And of course you need to do some searches/inquiries on what the "deductibles" will be for the medical issues you may face, such as your mentioned pregnancy. That in itself may cause a heart attack.

Remember, the Obama administration is doing this to help you.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently I heard a clip of people being asked which they preferred Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act. Almost without exception, they preferred the Affordable Care Act citing things about Obamacare they didn't like. Talk about low information.

Almost without exception, they preferred the Affordable Care Act citing things about Obamacare they didn't like. Talk about low information.

Snorking coke (the drink) out of my nose reading this. Not recommended, it hurts. The statement is so real.

Just recently I heard a clip of people being asked which they preferred Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act. Almost without exception, they preferred the Affordable Care Act citing things about Obamacare they didn't like. Talk about low information.

:shakinghead::groooansmileyf::scratchhead::0327::imoksmiley::hidingsmile:

I couldn't decide which one to use they are all seem to fit the situation.

Well I'm definitely this :tapfoot: [the "royalty" doesn't like their "subjects" anymore.] <_<

And I'd like to see some of this :frying pan: [Throw the bums out!]

But I'm afraid at this point, it would merely be this :beat_deadhorse: [sUPER-GLUED to their seats of power!]

So .......I guess it ends up with this :tinfoilhatsmile: and to any extent possible, this :behindsofa:

:ph34r:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-14/patients-pay-before-seeing-doctor-as-deductibles-spread.html

The Internal Revenue Service largely defines high deductible health plans as those with an annual deductible of $1,250 or more for individual coverage.

HA we have had "HIGH" deductibles for the past 8 years. My deductible when I lived in NC was $2,000 just for me. Now it is still that but high premiums.

I read an article that had an interesting perspective on Obamacare, comparing it to past devistation in Ukraine decades ago caused by government initiated famine. I think its a little far-fetched to make this comparison, but basically the author of the article believes that the fact that Obamacare is so confusing, expensive, and just plain unattainable to many is deliberate and intentional. He/she even goes as far as to say the computer registration is deliberately hard to navigate. I guess the author is basically implying that the government doesn't want the American people to have accesss to good health care. I don't know what to think about this author's opinion. What do all of you think???

Cootie

Edited by anyala

I don't think it is that far fetched, especially if you begin to connect the dots on all the other (seemingly isolated) things that have occurred over the past 50 years that have led us (like frogs in a pot) to today, though I think a lot of it has been just plain stupidity, ignorance, and using too big a hammer to try to fix misteaks and the Bullies with the power ego's taking advantage of situations to advance themselves.

Look for stiff fines and doubled premiums sooner than later. It seems that Obamacare is a flop. In its first week it only had 51,000 applicants and not all of them enrolled. Obamacare needs 7million participants to stay afloat. This 51,000 is well below the expected number. So now there will be repercussions. Like I said for those us that have we can expect our rates to double within six months. Oh and those of us that have elected to remain insurance-less we can expect hefty fines in the forms of liens and asset seizure sooner rather than later.

......without actual viable assets, what do they have? Debtors prison?

If there are so few signing up, isn't that kinda like a Vote of NO Confidence? Doesn't it count????

MtRider :shakinghead:

Edited by Mt_Rider
basic grammer, oye-bad morning!

We all know that imprisionment for a debt is unconstitutional, which probably explains why the government is taking the fines out of tax returns. There is imprisonment if one does not pay their taxes. Would collecting the penalties in this way enable the government to send people to jail since the penaties are now associated with taxes? What about those who don't receive a tax refund? Or don't have enough of a refund to pay the penalty for insurance they can't afford in the first place?

Cootie

Well.....I could send in turnips. Got some 7" diameter.

MtRider ......but, ya can't get blood outta a turnip, as they say..... :shrug:

edit: Or...is that saying too ancient to be known now? :P

Edited by Mt_Rider

They are going to go for liens on homes, keep tax returns and garnishment of wages. If you are self employed well it will mean just that much more tax you will have to pay. Oh and yes they can withhold from social security. Several years ago the courts ruled that if you are default on a student loan and you get disability or draw SS then the student loan can be taken out of your monthly check. Look for these fines to be taken any way they can get them. Which means it will be like the IRS coming in and taking everything you have because you owe back taxes. Grandma's silver trays...kiss them goodbye. Grandpa's pocket watch he got when he retired from the railroad...yep kiss it good bye too. You kids playstation there - gone, the computer you are currently using yep you may want to have it backed up to a flash drive or an external hard drive just in case. We are dealing with Alibaba and the 40 thieves here (or is that 4000 thieves - how many did they furlough?)

Again...

I've deleted a post that is starting to push the envelope. While we may want to throw caution to the wind and hit "send" with certain words, you need to remember that I am ultimately responsible for this site and everything/anything you write I will be held accountable for. It's important that everyone remember that before the decision is made to make public, things that you should be responsible yourself, that you're tying a noose around my neck with your words.

Darlene, I am posting this here in response to the personal message you sent to my mailbox. I also sent you a message to make sure you receive this, and also to let everyone know why I won't be posting here at Mrs. S any longer.

"Well Darlene, with all due respect, if I had no idea what the comment I made implied in the first place, no amount of sitting and thinking before I hit the "post" button would help. Better to not just post at all in this overly politically-correct world. You can say I live a sheltered life, that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, or that I live "under a rock," but please don't assume that I mindlessly post comments without considering how my words affect others."

I truly had absolutely no idea what my comment implied. I had to have one of my kids explain it to me. I am completely accepting of the fact that I made a huge, embarrasing mistake. You sent me a personal message telling me to think before I posted and I'm sorry if I'm not a very smart person, but to imply that I post mindlessly without regard to others, wasn't right.

I apologize in advance if anything in this post here is offensive to anyone in any way. It is in no way intentional.

I will continue to read this forum if I will be allowed to. The people here are lovely, caring people. I love to see the birthdays and keep up with what is going on around the country. I will still be here. I will be sending my prayers to those that are posting and asking for prayer.

My last post,

Cootie

Edited by anyala

Aww, Cootie. I assumed you probably didn't know. Many of us don't know some of the vulgar interpretations because we would NEVER think of using terms to mean THAT. Of course we have to remove it, cuz others do know. No amount of thinking will give an inspiration to something that you have never heard before. I agree with you.

But we are not trying to be 'overly PC' at MrsS. The one you stumbled on, unfortunately, has been used in horrifically hurtful ways and of course we'll not be using it here. I certainly do not blame you for what you didn't know. Some of what we say, is a result of neglecting basic courtesy, but that's not the case for yours.

You do know that two of the threads here got into difficulties at the same time that night, right? So in general, the caution went out to think and type with courtesy but.....that doesn't solve all types of difficulty. Sometimes it's just a danged typo. You should have seen a boo-boo I corrected once, some years ago. :blink: An unintentionally obscene wording. Oops.

Please reconsider, Cootie. You've just come back and we don't want you to go away again.

MtRider :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I too will join hands in the wish that you reconsider. Things can be said and things can be done that may be inappropriate or wrong, but its at a singular moment in time and was not done intentionally. We learn, we heal, and we should move on as friends and with a common bond on this forum.