MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annarchy

Computer Frustrations

My Win XP OS crashed badly, probably some type of virus manifested itself through all the firewalls, spyware programs and virus programs that I had installed on my system. (Tin foil hat says, Microsoft did it on purpose because they are phasing out the program and want people to buy their version 8.)

Anyway, I HAD to get it running, researched, studied and read for hours and hours and hours, to find which of the newer OS would run the programs I HAVE TO use for my customers and myself, choosing Windows 7 because it "SAID" it would run XP programs. NOT!!!!! Plus, nothing, absolutely nothing I read said the older machine - motherboard, sound card, DVD-RW, and USB ports - would not be compatible with the program!

:gaah::gaah::gaah: I NEED my XP back!!!!!! :gaah::gaah::gaah:

:sSig_help2:

:sigh: Somehow, someway, I will make it work, maybe. Using my Mac doesn't solve the issues either. :sigh:

:sorry: for the rant. Buyer beware.

Our Acer runs XP and our desktop runs Vista. Recently had to go to Acer's home page and do a total restore, and it put it back to "default" so I lost all my "favorites" etc. That didn't hurt so bad because we now keep all our shortcuts on a thumb drive, as well as all our documents & pics. The Acer doesn't have an external C-drive for me to do a backup of the entire syste, so I need to put my "remote" C-drive in and copy everything...just haven't done it. I did do that (took 12 cd's) for our Vista system.