MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi y'all! So what's going on?

Good grief it's been awhile since I was here!

For those of you who remember me, my mom fell in Jan of '12 and broke her hip. She's recovered and lives with us. We gave up our bedroom for her and have been camping out in our dining room for 19 months! Do I have the best husband ever or what?!

I had spinal surgery last Thanksgiving, then another operation on my neck in June. It's been a long recovery; on the first day of school in August, I fell and hit my head against the wall. Had to get a stitch in my head and had a fractured skull. Sigh. It's always something. By the way - Oxyclean works! Had blood all over my pink LL Bean polo and it all came out!

My DD had her second child in August; a boy so now she has one of each.

I'm still teaching high school world history and hoping maybe I can retire after next year; I turned 60 last week. Argh.

Anyway, I was missing the good folks around here and some of you met my mom a few years ago at Darlene's. She asks about y'all and really loved that visit.

Mt Rider! Hi! Stephanie! Annarchy! Darlene! and every one howdy!

Mac

Good to hear from you, MacK!!! Nice to hear your mom is doing better. I was wondering. Tell her hi!!! She and I sat on the hillside and watched y'all down at the gun range. Wow, you have had a challenging year physically. :( Hope life settles down!!!

MtRider :wave:

Way too much going on in your life lately, huh? And yes, do you have a great husband! I am so glad your mom is doing well! Please say hi for me. It was a pleasure to meet both of you! I haven't been around much lately either. Please take care of each other!