MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

*Home* work.

Today is Friday. My day to *git 'er done'. :) Saturdays I have Farmer's Market. Sundays are *who-knows-what-will-come-up*. Mon, Tue, Wed are flea market days. Monday is set-up, Tue/Wed is actual market. Thursday is my *run* day. So today is my day to get stuff done around here. Whether it be cleaning, work with the goats, making product, book work, whatever... I don't HAVE to leave the house... unless I have to. *~* LOL

I need to make a bunch of lotion... but I'm waiting on ingredients that I ordered. Got a bunch of crocheting to do. That gets done *in-between* other projects when I get sit-down time. ;) Kitchen needs a bit of attention and laundry done. Also working on this next year's calender and kid/breeding possibilities. Big job for the day is 3 batches of soap. :/ Two are pretty easy, Honeysuckle and Green Irish Tweed (a men's shaving soap). The worst thing about the Tweed is that I pour about 1/4 of it into *mugs*. The third is Honey/Vanilla Biscotti. Wonderful soap--but a PITA. It's pretty much my basic soap recipe, but I add two different shredded soaps before pouring. It's like a thin oatmeal and it plops and slops. ICK. But it's a wonderful soap. :)

So, that's pretty much what's up around here today...until something else comes up that needs tended to. ;) What's on your agenda?

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!

:bighug2: and :kissy:

Good Morning Necie. It is nice to see you back again, you sound busy already.

The day is just starting for us, here. Even tho I've been up since 4am. My quiet time to read.

Yesterday, I used my oatmeal to make cookies. LOL, DH ate quite a few while they were still warm.

Today, I've picked some more black eyed peas and pulled out most of the corn stalks. Laundry is on the agenda, and what ever DH has planned.

Well, I always figure when having a list of things to do... to do the one you want to do the least and get it over with. Soooo... I made the Honey/Vanilla Biscotti soap. :gaah: Now I remember why I use Black Vanilla FO from SGS instead of Vanilla Lace FO from NDA! I could barely stir in my shreds! Thin oatmeal? HAH! In less than 2 minutes, I had a bucket full of soap that was like oatmeal that got forgot on the back of the stove for DAYS!! :groooansmileyf: I had to scoop and smoosh into my molds (3" pvc--18" tall). What a MESS. Soap splattered all over the soap room. GEESH!

What kind of mess can I get into next?! :shakinghead: LOL

Still moving the pantry items to the new location. Mountain Man pulled a rib so had to put on his back brace, swallow some "good stuff" that I have stashed, hung upside down on the inversion machine, and seems to be functioning ok now.

:wave: Nice to see you, too, MomM. Annarchy, I would LOVE a hottub. :) Someday.

Well, I don't feel like I got much done today. <sigh> Once I made the mess in the soap room, I kinda gave up on that. Will cut the H/V Biscotti tomarrow and see how *bad* it really is. May be more *ugly* soap for the bulk basket. Ah well. I did a *bit* in the kitchen. Not much, just took care of some clutter. It's still *organized chaos* around here. LOL Mostly worked on more soap. Straightened out my wrapped inventory (in the kitchen), sorted and reboxed my unwrapped inventory (upstairs) and labeled and wrapped 120 bars and took care of those. Did go out and *play* with the goats for awhile. The friend's doe that I have here is such a sweetie. :) Got ZERO laundry done... which is SILLY, cuz laundry coulda been going while I was doing othr stuff. Got ZERO crocheting done... but I didn't really have much sit-down time.

Tomarrow will be busy day. Up early for Farmer's Market. Then maybe get a few things done, then DS and granddaughter will be down. I get to keep her overnight and take her to my nieces bridal shower on Sunday. :) I usually keep her every other Saturday night anyhow, so this is just a fun outing added. She's two and is such a big *help*. :wub:

Well, I don't feel like I got much done today. <sigh> Once I made the mess in the soap room, I kinda gave up on that. Will cut the H/V Biscotti tomarrow and see how *bad* it really is. May be more *ugly* soap for the bulk basket. Ah well. I did a *bit* in the kitchen. Not much, just took care of some clutter. It's still *organized chaos* around here. LOL Mostly worked on more soap. Straightened out my wrapped inventory (in the kitchen), sorted and reboxed my unwrapped inventory (upstairs) and labeled and wrapped 120 bars and took care of those. Did go out and *play* with the goats for awhile. The friend's doe that I have here is such a sweetie. :) Got ZERO laundry done... which is SILLY, cuz laundry coulda been going while I was doing othr stuff. Got ZERO crocheting done... but I didn't really have much sit-down time.

Tomarrow will be busy day. Up early for Farmer's Market. Then maybe get a few things done, then DS and granddaughter will be down. I get to keep her overnight and take her to my nieces bridal shower on Sunday. :) I usually keep her every other Saturday night anyhow, so this is just a fun outing added. She's two and is such a big *help*. :wub:

Necie,

We got our hot tub over 25 years ago when I wrecked my back the last time. The Dr. recommended it for therapy. What they did not tell me, maintaining and cleaning it was hard on the back. HA! Typical catch 22.

Don't feel too bad, none of my laundry was started either. It will today, it's house cleaning day around here.

Enjoy your time with the baby. :wub:

Glad to hear your DH is feeling better Philbe. Inversion tables are very helpful. Do you do sit-up's on yours?

Necie,

We got our hot tub over 25 years ago when I wrecked my back the last time. The Dr. recommended it for therapy. What they did not tell me, maintaining and cleaning it was hard on the back. HA! Typical catch 22.

Don't feel too bad, none of my laundry was started either. It will today, it's house cleaning day around here.

Enjoy your time with the baby. :wub:

Glad to hear your DH is feeling better Philbe. Inversion tables are very helpful. Do you do sit-up's on yours?

He just "hangs upside down for while"...my, I have an umbilical hernia so I don't do any kinds of sit ups.