MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cayenne peppers & Mice

And on a lighter note, our little furry rodent 'friends' are back in the house after a year's hiatus. I had 3 nice cayenne peppers drying from my plant and the little darlins ate 2 of them last night. So the third will go in the trap tonight.

Olé?

Wish I could find where they are getting in. I've plugged holes and plugged holes. Now I keep sticky traps out all the time with a dab of peanut butter in the center. I catch most of them that way. Just to be sure, I keep solid bait bars out too. I don't have any inside pets that could eat the bars or poisoned mice.

Hey girl. How've you been? I'll get DH to see if he can spot their outside entry into the kitchen. Hadn't thought about that angle, but it makes sense. 2 years ago we had an infestation of gopher rats despite a very mild winter (more like Austin than what I've gotten used to here in TN). I sure don't want a repeat of that mess!!

I'm doing pretty well, you?

Look around plumbing, electrical and HVAC entry points. May need some of that plumber's lead to stuff around them. I expect that is how they are getting in here, but I can't get under the house to see.

Caught a wood rat in a bag of oats the other day and dealt with it quickly. We have a lot of those, but outside so far.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE....sticking my hand into a feed bag and touching a mouse! I'm not a EEEEEK-A-MOUSE type but unexpected encounter with bare fingers dangling within reach of mouse teeth -- :frying pan:

MtRider :baseballbat:

EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!! :runcirclsmiley2:

I ABSOLUTELY HATE....sticking my hand into a feed bag and touching a mouse! I'm not a EEEEEK-A-MOUSE type but unexpected encounter with bare fingers dangling within reach of mouse teeth -- :frying pan:

MtRider :baseballbat:

Can Mountain Man hire you to deal with a min-pin with your cast iron pan!?