MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deb2of9

Prayers needed youngest grand-daughter

she has severe bladder and kidney indection and appendicitis being treated wirh antibiotics since Sunday. Now it has spread to lungs. she is an hour away from hospital and they tell her if fecer , vomiting or gets worse rush to hospital. like she would have time to make it if appendix ruptures. I a worried she is getting septic. she just turned 12

Oye...appendix is nothing to fool around with! This is quite worrisome! Father God, please heal this child and/or provide a way for her healing through medical care. Give them the options that would be best for her in this situation. Give Your peace to her Grma, who being a nurse, is very concerned.

MtRider :pray:

with 5 kids at home staying closer to the hospital is out..We are planning on going to the hospital tomorow no matter what. I have not been comfortable with her not being in the hospital as it is. This is the grand-daughter with Asberger syndrome. her response to things especially pain is not normal. She also has had chronic bowel and bladder problems, including abdominal pain since she was a baby. She is very hard to assess. As a nurse all this scares me. I couldn't believe they sent her home with appendicitis. I know they can treat it with antibiotics but I have not heard of them doing it without admitting them because the risk of a ruptured appendix is too great and way too dangerous

took her to hospital today. Doctor said that appendix is clearing up on antibiotic but she was diagnosed with pyelonrphritis today.( I know the spelling on that is wrong.) Basically a very bad infection ib both kidneys and bladder. She was given a bolus IV ,( full bag over about an hour and a half), IV pain medication and a IV antibiotic. she felt much better when we were sent home. I am just thrilled that the appendix improved. She isn't beter but does seem to be improving.

Why did they not take the appendix out ? Those things flare up every now and then. I just thought that they removed them when they did flare.

Oh that is good to hear. Nice to have a nurse in the family to keep extra special tabs on things!!!

edit to coastygirl's question: mebbe due to so much infection going on, didn't want to open her unless absolutely necessary???

MtRider - continued :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

they didn't give any reason for not taking it out. My guess is either all the other infections or maybe that my daughter took her tostat care originally. I don't trust our local stat care much. I am just happy that the appendix cleared up for now

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.