MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Momo

Shop at Sams

If you are like me and like to occasionally shop at Sam's you can get one day free passes. The are often printed in the newspaper or can be found online at their website. There is a %10 surcharge but if you are just buying a little bit it is cheaper than a membership.

Closest Sams store, right now, is 65 miles from home, one way. MIL keeps her membership and we will go occasionally while I'm in TX. That makes it 600 miles one way, LOL

However, I do wish they had a store closer to home. They have a membership sign up table at the Walmart store 20 miles away. I have heard they are building a new store 40 miles away. That might be worth it if we had to drive to that city, which really is not that often, maybe 2 times a year.

Closest Sams store, right now, is 65 miles from home, one way. MIL keeps her membership and we will go occasionally while I'm in TX. That makes it 600 miles one way, LOL

However, I do wish they had a store closer to home. They have a membership sign up table at the Walmart store 20 miles away. I have heard they are building a new store 40 miles away. That might be worth it if we had to drive to that city, which really is not that often, maybe 2 times a year.

I have one less than 10 miles from me but I still only go 3-4 times a year. I only go there when I want to stock up. It's usually on paper goods and cleaning supplies. It is still worth the membership for me. Last time I went I got 2 of those big tubs of biscotti. They are individually wrapped and will last me all winter and then some and take the place of a cookie when I want a quick sweet snack. Good for coffee dunkin' too. Guess who went to Sam's last Friday.

Our Sam's is 100+ miles from us so we only go when we're actually going to be in the area...Cabella's, Bass Pro or Harbor Freight. We've got a membership but often let it "lapse" until we go, then activate it then. We usually benefit from buying ink cartridges for our printer, copy paper, toilet paper, paper towels etc. After watching MainPrepper, we've given serious thought to not buying bulk bottles of aspirin, ibuprofen etc., since once it's opened you've started the clock ticking on your shelf life. He suggests buying from $Tree in the small quantities (even though some may cost more per pill) because if they're foil sealed, their shelf life is indeterminate. We also have found that Aldi's top brand TP and Paper Towels, is cheaper than our "fav"...but geez...we're just flushing or throwing it away anyway! LOL Also have decided to stock cheap dog food in some large, milar lined, galvanized trash cans and sealed with duct tape, to be used ONLY in an SHTF for Abby-girl and supplement it with her current 4Health dog food. We'll keep her on her "good stuff" as a regular diet to maintain her excellent health, but it's very expensive to try to stock over two or three 25# bags :-(

I like stocking up on non-perishables at Sam's, but the fresh stuff, I haven't had much luck with (esp. the produce, I've been tempted to use their refund option, but by the time we're back up that area, it'd be well beyond spoiled by then).

I buy a lot of non-perishables at Sam's. Usually their prices on produce are too high for me. But I also buy things like cheese and cheese slices, margarine and oil there. I normally don't buy any meat products as their prices on those are much higher unless I can buy a case at a time which I usually cannot.