MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

A Jelly Question

I just bought 6 larges jars of sugar-free strawberry jam. I would like to blend it into more of a smooth jelly consistency and re-jar it into smaller containers. :canning: Is it possible??? :hapydancsmil:

Interesting question. I hope you get an answer but the halls of MrsS are kinda empty right now.... :santa: ...

MtRider :shrug:

I don't see it as a safety issue, but it may break the gel. All you can do is heat it up, put in smaller jars, process and see what happens unless you want to thicken it up while heating with some Clear Jel. That would at least give it some thickness for sure.

This would apply to re-jar-ing if a couple liked the savings of large quantity but it keeps going to mold before they finish?

Like ....grape jelly...which I love but end up throwing out my initial savings?

MtRider :canning:

Not sure if it's "pc" but once received a wine goblet of grape jelly that was sealed with about an inch of wax (parrafin?). It lasted for several years, until I popped the wax out and gave it a taste. Didn't harm me a bit. I'm not a jelly-maker (just can't get it to thicken for me the way I want) so I just buy the stuff!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.