MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'll Be Gone For Awhile

Hee-Hee Annie!

I'm starting to get most of it figured out. The desktop is back to where it was. I think they updated me to Chrome or maybe Explorer 8. One thing though is when I read a topic on this site, it doesn't change color to indicate I've read the forum. No big deal. It was doing that for me since the last update. Maybe two updates ago? I haven't figured out how to get 6-7 Google tabs to open when I first get on line. No big deal either.

But that "Not running authentic Windows" did a pop-up again. If it does it again I'll take it back. :gaah:

Edited because: the color changed to 'read' Woot!

Hope I didn't just jinx it. :groooansmileyf:

Edited by Jeepers

:gaah::beat_deadhorse::banghead::soapbox::tapfoot::angry:

I am so mad I could spit! I was up until after midnight trying to get my computer back to where it was and the d*mn "Windows not authentic" popped up again. I took it back today and they have to restore it to factory settings. Okay, I do have everything backed up BUT I will still have to reinstall all of my programs and downloads etc. all over again. I have a lot of them too.

I told them not to do any upgrades so what they do...upgraded Google and AOL toolbars. I hate them and I really need the old AOL toolbar to save and send pictures pictures. I can't explain it but I know what it is and how it works. They are going to try to get it back. It was AOL 5. And Google Pffft. And of course my favorite Geek was there. Don't he ever take a day off!

Then I had a run in with an Indian woman trying to renew my warrantee. I've never had a tougher time trying to give someone money in all of my life. I couldn't understand over half of what she said. It has to be done over the phone. I still don't know it it went through. I got transferred twice. Third guy spoke English but has no way of knowing what the others told me or if it was even true. I have to call back the day after it expires to activate it. Makes no sense to me. Just take my money and renew the #$%^&* thing.

H*ll with it all, I'm going to McDonalds.

Poor Jeepers!!!! I have DH do it all cuz he has waaaaaay more tolerance/patience with inanimate objects that aren't doing what they're supposed to do. Me....one of the lowest tolerance issues I have. :gaah:

But you're dealing with PEOPLE that aren't doing what you're paying them to do...... Not nice!!! :pout:

MtRider ....DH just laughs when I YELL at inanimate objects... <_<

I kinda lost it on the guy on the phone today. He stayed calm and said he understood. He must have extensive mental health training. By the time I got a hold of him, I was past livid. He stuck with me though. He was able to diffuse me and we sang Kumbaya and all was well when we hung up. :hidingsmile:

LOL Philbe. Did you get your big computer back yet?

I finally got mine back yesterday. What a mess. It's wiped clean so I have to put everything back in and install all of my programs and games again. It's aggravating especially since some of my programs had things stored in them and now the stored stuff is gone. And I'll have to start the games all over again. You can only back up so much. But I had the really important stuff saved.

They couldn't restore AOL 5 tool bar. It's not available anymore. So I'm not sure how to save a picture from the internet yet...I haven't tried. And every time I get on line I have to enter my WIFI access code. They can probably fix that...no biggie because I can cut/paste it in. And I keep getting a pop up from AOL wanting me to switch to them for a search. Compared to all of the trouble I've had, those are minor issues.

One thing that got me though, I've had this computer 2 years next month and when he turned it on, the camera was on and I was staring back at myself! Scared the c*ap out of me. I've never ever had it enabled. So I had him get rid of that real fast! I laughed and told him I always keep the camera taped over and he said nearly every computer that comes in has the camera either covered with something or they see tape residue where it has been.

Thanks Annarchy! I tried to load it and Norton blocked it saying it was a corrupt file. :shrug: I'm slowly getting used to the new one. Slowly.

I got a strange phone call today though. Some guy with a thick accent (Russian?) wanted me to go into my computer and delete some files that was the virus causing the windows pop-up. I told him my computer is fixed and I no longer have problems with it. He starts saying, "No No No it isn't fixed and you are not computer savvy!" I hung up. I tried to do a reverse phone look up but surprise, it isn't listed. It was a New York area code and after 212- the next three numbers were 007. :24:

He was kinda right though...I'm not computer savvy!