MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

About two weeks ago I mentioned to Mountain Man that I wouldn't mind selling my van and bumping up to a full sized van so that if we were out on one of our "day trips" and didn't really want to be on the road late at night, we could (if needed) find a WM parking lot, put the seats down in the back, for a small bed & rest...especially if we were caught in a rain storm or something and didn't want to drive. Well, a dear friend of ours has been a full time RV'er in her Class B camper for many years and is wanting to "come off the road" and find herself a small apt. and get back into collecting & selling books etc. She called and said someone in AZ had made her an offer on her Class B (wayyyyy to low!) so we mentioned what we had been discussing about moving up to a larger van. So, it's pretty well settled. When she comes back in March or so, we're trading straight across, my van for her Class B. This will give her cargo space for her books & antiques, plus a tilt back passenger seat to sleep in IF she absolutely needed it. We'll have a bit of a bigger van than I had anticipated, because it's fully self contained. Dinette-bed, toilet, shower, microwave, stove, etc. and will work for us. It's truly a "win-win" thing for all of us and each of us have until she gets back to our area to change our minds. We won't always have to drive home late at night on a day trip, or hitch up our travel trailer for a one night stay. There's been lots of times we didn't go for a trip because we didn't want to hitch up for just one night. THEN...when this house is sold, we'll look around for a small sporty car (we've entertained a convertible!) to roll around town in. So, we're all thinking "it truly is funny how God works" to get people lined up for a win-win victory! I seldom go anywhere that MM doesn't go, and even if I did, I know how to maneuver a larger vehicle since I have driven a small Sunday school bus in the past, and I've also driven MM's truck (which is pretty much the same length...19 feet). This will also make a great place to sleep while we're remodeling the Little House and not have to drive home every night to sleep. Just makes sense to us. Here's a pic very similar except hers is an older model & white.

post-9087-0-39463500-1389200243_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philbe

Nice! It has a toilet and a shower? Where?

Found one much closer to the one we're trading for. Here's some pics of outside and inside. Yes, there is a toilet & shower (what they call a wet bath). We have a set of brand new captain seats that MM had bought for the old Tioga, so we'll put those in this one when it "comes home"..LOL We're really excited about having it.

post-9087-0-64341700-1389286034_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-18311400-1389286037_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-55915200-1389286039_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-75134100-1389286042_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-66476600-1389286044_thumb.jpg

Whoohoo....I want one too! Make traveling into town SOOO much easier. My late, elderly friend used to have one of those. She and her tiny dog would hit the road and visit kids, gr kids, great-grkids, and working on great-great-grands.

MtRider :amen:

That is really neat! I had no idea they looked like that on the inside. I thought they were just 3-4 rows of seats. Hummmm.

yep, they're neat! Our friend has lived in her's for nearly 7 years now, and it's plenty big for us to tool around in for our day trips etc., and when we just don't want to hitch up! Plus, we'll be able to park where most cars & trucks can park.

Edited by Philbe

Nice! It has a toilet and a shower? Where?

Found one much closer to the one we're trading for. Here's some pics of outside and inside. Yes, there is a toilet & shower (what they call a wet bath). We have a set of brand new captain seats that MM had bought for the old Tioga, so we'll put those in this one when it "comes home"..LOL We're really excited about having it.

Wow! That's cool! I've never seen anything like that before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Latest update :-) The trade went through after all & we picked up "Miss B"!!! She's ours :-) How's that for a blessing?!!! We've been cleaning up a storm both inside and out. Needs some repairs after being "lived in" for 8 1/2 years :-( The little kitchen is behind the drivers side, the pantry that pulls out & bathroom are behind the passenger side, the shower is a handheld shower head & you raise a carpeted square from the middle of the floor & there's a fiberglass shower "pan". You pull the shower curtain around in a circle and take your shower! LOL The dinette is in the rear & can fold down to a short queen sized bed if we are on a day trip & it gets too late to drive & we want to over night. Lots and lots of storage! Frig works on gas, electric or house battery. Dashboard a/c needs some vent work, but work & cools while we're driving. Overhead a/c (which needs to be plugged into 110) works & cools sufficiently. but the Onan gas generator (which is built in under the frame) doesn't. That cost a bit, but would allow us to not need anything but it's gas to keep us cool, no plug in required :-) But...it will have to wait for $$$. The engine runs great even though she's got a lot of miles. They're highway miles. I gave the carpeting a shampoo will want to do that again...in a few months. Put in a new shower curtain. MrWE2 needs to put a new connection on the handheld shower hose. Gave the black water tank a GOOD flushing & put in treatment. We'll need to do that many more times, since all they did was dump and go. Both burners on the stove work. The microwave works. (No oven...so I'll find a cheapy toaster oven to put in), I put a single burner electric hot plate that I'll use "if" we can plug into 110 and not use our propane since it's inhouse & can't just be changed out, and must be refilled. MrWE2 put in new OH a/c filter, fixed several sprung closet & cabinet doors, and tightened up side mirrors so they don't slip out of alignment when you hit a bump or shut the doors. So...as you can read, we've been busy beavers. And it was a straight even trade! The cheapest we can find a Class B is around $6000. Miss B originally cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $70K. If we're able to go to the 2014 Get-Together in October, we need to have it road worthy to take because can take it through mountains etc. Our truck isn't strong enough to pull our travel trailer through too many mountainous areas, and now it's our only daily transportation. Miss B doesn't know was good gas mileage is ...at least not yet :-( She does better on the highway. We're sure trying to plan to go :-) I can't find the topic now though...does anybody remember how Darlene titled it?

ps...forgot to let you take a peek!

post-9087-0-25625800-1406594910_thumb.jpg

Edited by The WE2's
  • 2 months later...

Been doing a lot of work on Miss B :-( She really suffered from being a full-time living quarters with little maintenance. Found a leak (water is a NO NO in an RV!) in MrWE2's closet so we went to Camping World and bought two new vent caps and replaced both of them :-) MrWE2 also installed the new Fantastic Fan hood over it's vent "just to make sure" it can come open while we're on the road and get torn off in high winds. We've made one "official" camping trip when we went to the Apple Festival and Jacobs Cave Swap Meet. It's so good for small camping trips. When we woke up and were surrounded (and closed in) by show cars (the park didn't tell us they were hosting a car show there!) we got out a lot easier than if we had been pulling our travel trailer.