MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello Everyone,

If you want update on my situation, go to the Pssst Area and read up.

However, the topic of this note is how well it pays to plan.

I'm faced with a personal crisis and monies willbe quite tight for a while.

If I hadn't planned a pantry or stocked food, I would be living on air.

Aside from fresh fruits and veggies and whatever "grocery" items, I have enough stocked food to live comfortably for a couple of years.

To my pleasant surprise, this also includes toiletries, shampoo, shave cream, OTC items like advil, etc. and bandaids, antacids, etc.

I've also saved the odd bit of things so I've got lotions, soap, towels, and even yarn for hotpads, etc.

I feel so blessed my 'foresight' in times of plenty is seeing me through now.

Moral: Stock what you use, Use what you stock. Rotate, re-use and recycle. You never know when you'll need it. :)

Hugs to all - C4C

Wonderful advise, C4C.

We've found that the prepping supplies we did during times of plenty, have been sustaining us through our times of need. Amazing how a little thing stored away as a 'just in case' item, brings a smile to our face and praise to our lips.

Remember, 'this too shall pass'. :hug3:

Just reading in O.T. about Joseph preparing for the 7 yrs of famine by saving back during the 7 yrs of feasting.

MtRider - :lois::feedme::lois::feedme:

We do this every year.. we have several months of more money coming in followed by months with less money coming in. I would like to get more stocked up so that at the end of the less money months I still have food set by for emergencies. Though even then I have more than "typical". I just would like my pantry to be more full year round :happy0203:

Just reading in O.T. about Joseph preparing for the 7 yrs of famine by saving back during the 7 yrs of feasting.

MtRider - :lois::feedme::lois::feedme:

Don't forget the virgins; some who kept their wicks trimmed & lamps filled...those who didn't.

These examples are at the forefront of my head and heart.

Prudence early makes for a better bedfellow later.

As we're being hit with snow here in the northwest, I'm increasingly thankful I've got boots, wool socks and many sweaters and a heating pad for my feet at night.

I'm glad you are doing well on your prep living....we have been living off preps since October.....the only thing I have bought since October 1 is fresh fruits. The weather is keeping hubby from working very much, I am always grateful for my preps during times like this. I don't know what people who don't prep do????

what to folks do who don't have their own PERSONAL food bank to draw from? ....they go to the neighborhood food bank.

There are many reasons why someone doesn't 'get ahead'. Some reasons are entirely legit. Many are excuses. Individuals must sort that out for themselves. But those of us here find more security in the self-discipline it takes to stock our own personal food banks.... :cheer:

MtRider :feedme:

Like Deerslayer we have been living off our preps for a while. The emergency trip to B'ham to see my mom after her heart attack, lack of work for hubby. I don't know how we would have made it if we had not stocked up during the summer when he was working those long hours. Noticed the other day that we were needing to make a big supply run to Sams but am not looking forward to it.

I want a tshirt that says I stock up because I hate shopping LOL

I have to say without my own food bank and preps times would still be quite lean for us with dh still out of work. Keeping the pantry and household goods stocked means I can avoid going more into debt and we have been able to make progress on paying off our loans even while dh is unemployed. Glad you have it too!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.