MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How quickly will the stores empty?

:scratchhead: ....HBA = Health&Beauty Aids! I couldn't figure that one out either!

If folks can EMPTY the stores at the eleventh hour.....why not the tenth.....or the sixth hour? Everyone says they can't afford it. But if that can happen right before each and every crisis, then surely a planned spending ahead of time....taking advantage of coupons and sales....would be better on a stretched income. [skip the chips and drinks aisle too!]

The real problem? Motivation to do something NOW that might not be needed till later. Delayed gratification needs self-discipline.

All of us have things we're running low on....things that would make things easier if we could slip in and fill that hole before HooeyHitsFan. But hopefully none of us would starve in a mere week of power outage.

Hey, y'all who work in grocery stores. Do you have a plan [personally and corporately] if the mass panic gets too bad and it's dangerous? :o

MtRider ...just sayin' <_<

great point.

:scratchhead: ....HBA = Health&Beauty Aids! I couldn't figure that one out either!

If folks can EMPTY the stores at the eleventh hour.....why not the tenth.....or the sixth hour? Everyone says they can't afford it. But if that can happen right before each and every crisis, then surely a planned spending ahead of time....taking advantage of coupons and sales....would be better on a stretched income.

The real problem? Motivation to do something NOW that might not be needed till later. Delayed gratification needs self-discipline.

The question "for those who work in grocery stores"...I have a cousin who's husband drove (until he retired) for wholesale foods (?) ... anyway, he built a "pantry" about 6' wide, the full length of their kitchen, and the backdoor became the pantry door entry. And it was always full. At the time I just thought it was because they had so many children (8) and he got damaged freight or ??? Now I'm wondering. Guess I'll have to check her pantry now that all her kids are grown and gone and he's retired :-)