MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Monthly Trip

:hi:

The sky was nicely overcast on the trip here. One small area with a minor dust storm, otherwise the drive was uneventful, thank God.

MIL had us scheduled to go to the Woman's Club Mardi Gras Festival that evening. It was pleasant, they served a salad, shrimp cocktail, potato salad, chicken jambalaya, and finished with cake topped with ice cream. A pianist played for us the whole time, ending with a duet with a flutest and the group singing 'When the Saints Go Marching In'. I enjoyed seeing the ladies of the Woman's club, who always ask me to join, but I can not because I do not live here.

Thursday morning we were out the door early to go to the Coffee Membership meeting for the Woman's Dept. of the Chamber of Commerce. They included in the minutes, some history the department has accomplished during the past 90 years.

Please pray for one of the members, she has young children and her thyroid cancer has returned and would appreciate any prayers.

Friday we were out the door to the fitness club. While MIL was doing her thing, I detoured to take care of a few things and pick up a few items needed to complete my ToDo list she gives me. Little things, like fixing the exterior door frame that had shifted slightly and needed to be leveled and re-caulked, replacing chandelier lights and minor yard work.

How is your week going?

We've been enjoying the weather this week as it's warmed to the 50's and all the snow has now melted, but it's leaving alot of surface "mush" right now until it's absorbed. Made several loaves of my "special" bread (1/2 white and 1/2 wheat etc.) that Mountain Man loves. Sort of resembles Ozark Mill-type in consistency and taste. We'll eat store bought when needed, but I've had the time so I made our own after I hand ground some wheat berries we bought a couple years ago and have had stored. I only ground 6 cups & put it in my VacuCraft vacuum cannister so I'll need to get some more ground up shortly. Checked the RV to make sure nothing was leaky or wet since the snow has melted & it was running off it like crazy :-) as well as the other storage sheds. Putting things together as I type, to go to Little House and MM can cut ceramic tile. He needs to cut on a nice day (like today) outside because his tile cutter uses water etc. Bought him a nice work table for his birthday a few months ago that will let him set his tile cutter right on top :-) It will be his first time to use it. You know how these carpenters are...they love their tools :-) I have a T-shirt that I used a marker on to write "I Love My Carpenter" :-) but I don't wear it much unless I'm working outside in the summer. I always "mark up" my work T-shirts, just makes me happy :-) Happy Saturday to all!

I left last Wednesday morning with snow on the ground ,got back this Wednesday evening to no snow.

I have been working on my sister's place, had one buyer back out and another come by and offer almost twice as much...So now If his loan goes through the closing date will be March 21.

I have a lot of stuff yet to sell hopefully a week will do it and CGA may see me<G>.

The house listing I posted on shout. I hope y'all looked at it. It is the House Jack Built. Jack made the furniture in the house... dining table, chairs, coffee table, the lovely gliding rocker, the cabinets, designed all the wonderful storage. Jack built the total house. They were married almost 72 years lacking a month or so. She is near 100 now and doesn't look it! She will be moving to Washington in the next 60 days.

I will be leaving again maybe Monday..... Hope somewhere I can get a good garden in...

The older my kids get the more errands I'm running for them. DD2 is on set crew for the spring play at school, They have had 9 snow days and are a month behind on making the set so she has been going in on Saturdays to work on it.
DD1 comes home every few weeks to see her boyfriend,and when she's home she wants to use my car.
I'm trying to get Son licensed so him can help on errands.

His headache from the concussion is finally lessening and he's not so cranky now but the neighbor girl was in a car wreck this week. Her boyfriend was going to fast and hit black ice. She spent the night in the hospital and Son is going to her house everyday to help her and her Mom who just had a heart attack.

The snow was melting but we still have a lot of it around. Now that it got cold again instead of snowy and slick it's icy and slick.

I've been cleaning out my kitchen so we can take out the HATED ISLAND and move the refrigerator to a different wall. We are also going to put in a laundry chute. My washer is in the garage. For the last 21 years it has frozen every winter.
This year it has been frozen for 6 weeks. Now DH has to replace a valve and maybe the pump so we're moving it to the basement.
I'm also starting a real food group at church. I'm eliminating processed food from my diet so I've been doing some research and planing for the group.

Gofish, sounds like you have a plan for your laundry. Good to hear your son is doing better. Headaches suck.

I looked at the house pictures you posted Twilight. The house is slightly bigger than my house. LOL Interesting Jack made the furniture.

My dad was a carpenter and loved his tools too. Don't work too hard Philbe.

It is time to hit the road again for me. The forecast for the day is predicting slight overcast skies and some wind. MIL has already given me a gilt trip, "Don't go." Nuf said. :sigh:

I have not seen the antelope in New Mexico this year. In January the newspaper had an article about the state trading some of the herds to northern Arizona.

Time to re-pack my bags and go home.

I hope you all have a blessed day.

I went to the Dr. today to get my meds renewed. Sigh. I gained more weight, blood pressure was sky high, cholesterol elevated and I might be entering the pre diabetic stage. Crapola. She uttered my two favorite words...diet and exercise. I won't say what word I uttered.

I get to go back in six months. Joy.

I noticed her last name changed. I asked her about it because some places want to know who my doctor is. She said she HAD to change it to her married name because of Obama Care. Something about insurance, Soc. Sec. and liability. She isn't happy at all. She said all of her medical certificates and license are in her maiden name and the medical community around here has known her by her maiden name for 40 years. Also, by keeping her maiden name, she had a little protection against disgruntled patients who might seek her out. She has been married for 11 years. Just another thing most people didn't consider. Of course it didn't affect men...

I went to the Dr. today to get my meds renewed. Sigh. I gained more weight, blood pressure was sky high, cholesterol elevated and I might be entering the pre diabetic stage. Crapola. She uttered my two favorite words...diet and exercise. I won't say what word I uttered.

I get to go back in six months. Joy.

I noticed her last name changed. I asked her about it because some places want to know who my doctor is. She said she HAD to change it to her married name because of Obama Care. Something about insurance, Soc. Sec. and liability. She isn't happy at all. She said all of her medical certificates and license are in her maiden name and the medical community around here has known her by her maiden name for 40 years. Also, by keeping her maiden name, she had a little protection against disgruntled patients who might seek her out. She has been married for 11 years. Just another thing most people didn't consider. Of course it didn't affect men...

Now isn't that a hoot! I'm surprised that they aren't sniffing around to see who's farting and clogging up our air and creating foul air ommissions...cows? Abby-girl does her share :-)

This is turning into weekly trips......

Going again tomorrow................ will drain the house this time.......if it gets as cold as predicted, though my pipes have not frozen in the past...this time there will be little to no heat in the house.

But this time the place is sold so other than the last items to remove and occasional visits to the lawyer, maybe I can turn my thoughts toward my own things.......