MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Momo

Is gas going up where you live?

About 2 months ago gas almost hit 2.99 a gallon. Ever since then it has been creeping back up. Now we are at 3.45 a gallon. I just don't see how us "po folks" are gonna make it between grocery and gas increases. (Also utilities and medical) They keep saying inflation is low or nonexistant but I sure see alot of price increases.

$2.99? We haven't seen that for a LONG time. :(

Up here it's been around $3.65-$3.79, but this week it's jumped up to $3.89. :sigh:

It's hovering right around $4.00 here in Central California for the reg unleaded. I've actually started buying myself gift certificates at Safeway so I can get up to 70cents off per gallon! Hey, I'm always in and out of Home Depot anyway!

We just paid $3.39 to fill up the van and the truck, but got 5 cents off because we use our WM Visa card. Still high! I read somewhere (about 2 years ago?) that our current prez is hostile to country folk & wants everyone living in metro areas...where they can count heads easier and keep everybody "corraled". Infrastructure? Only if it's a major interstate that goes between one big city to another! If it's a state or county road...good luck to those governments as they try to maintain their roads and bridges.

I bought gas today and it was $3.35.

It goes up one day and down the next. Repeat. There doesn't seem to be any consistency.

AZ was $3.59 and NM was $3.69 I'll see what it is when I head home on Sunday.

Don't they always up the rate for spring break?

We were 3:89 today. Prices for everything seem to be going up, and gas is one area that it Definitely is going it. My daughter buys gift cards for Speedway and then buys her gas with it. She gets 5 cents off a gallon if she does it that way.

3.79 here.. Safeway does "gas rewards" and they now work at Chevron. Since Safeway is one of only 2 grocery stores in the area I do shop there and since I shop there whether or not I get gas rewards.. it's nice.. now I get .10 off for every $100 I spend at Safeway (a large family spends many $100's) so since Chevron started taking the safeway card.. I've been getting $.70-1.00 off per gallon for a max of 25 gallons (I drive a 15 pass. so easily can get 25 gallons at a time). So at least when I spend more on food I'm spending less on gas. :girlneener:

An article in the local newspaper by Vic Kolene:

El Paso, Las Cruses gas prices at lowest levels.

El Paso and Las cruses have the lowest gasoline prices in Texas and New Mexico, new data show.

El Paso's average gas price Thursday was $3.32 per gallon, the lowest among Texas metro areas, and below the statewide average of $3.49 per gallon, and below the national average of $3.66 per gallon, reported the American Automobile Association, or AAA.

In New Mexico, Las Cruses had an average gas price of $3.33 per gallon, the lowest among New Mexico cities, and well below New Mexico average $3.45 per gallon, AAA reported.

Gas prices continue to move higher over the last week as refiners prepared for the May 1 switch to producing summer-blend gasoline, AAA reported.

However, El Paso's average gas prices this week was a penny per gallon less than a year ago, while the state average is up 10 cents a gallon and the national average is up 14 cents a gallon from a year ago. Average prices in Las Cruses and for all of New Mexico are up two cents a gallon from a year ago.

(Highlighting by me)

$2.19 at a local Shell station here in MS yesterday.  I had no idea it was so high in other places!

It was $2.79 today.

I read where it was going up. The excuse was because the oil companies were changing over to winter gas.

In the same article it said that Social Security cost of living was going to go up a little more than expected because of the hurricanes in the south effecting so many seniors. Of course the last cost of living raise was a wash because Medicare raised their price at the same rate.

4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Of course the last cost of living raise was a wash because Medicare raised their price at the same rate.

yeah....I caught that one too, Jeepers!

MtRider  <_<

Our cheapest stations have been around $2.09 for a while, this week-up to $2.19.  Most everything is up.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.