MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Well....we all knew N95 stands for 95%. That's adequate for most situations. But not close contact with Ebola, apparently. I'd guess the N95's would get a lot of use if you can keep your distance....not handling bodies or caring for a sick person.

MtRider .....so much to purchase/not so much $$$/ making choices..... :shrug:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figure the N95 will still be good for uses other than Ebola. And if that's all you have then it's better than nothing. Maybe use two masks together?

I plan to use my N95's for flu and other contagious issues. Also for changing bandages where I wouldn't want to breathe my germs into a wound. Not sure if that really happens but I'd mask up anyway to try to protect someone else.

Yeah, it sure does, Jeepers. That's the reason the surgical teams use those pleated ones. Keeping their germs off of the patient. Those pleated things are quite cheap, btw. ....using the cheapest effective type possible for each situation.

MtRider .....if we have room to store all that specificity! :rolleyes:

I found these on Amazon. They are not N100, they are N99. I looked up the difference and its a .97 difference in protection. They come to $1.39 per mask when added the cost of shipping. They were $55.70 for four boxes of 10 masks. I bought some tyvek suits too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002448YEY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This link shows the difference in the levels of protection:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/

This is the best I can do right now, money is too tight for the pricier ones.

post-3921-0-16924400-1411845078_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jakk

I found these on Amazon. They are not N100, they are N99. I looked up the difference and its a .97 difference in protection. They come to $1.39 per mask when added the cost of shipping. They were $55.70 for four boxes of 10 masks. I bought some tyvek suits too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002448YEY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This link shows the difference in the levels of protection:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/

This is the best I can do right now, money is too tight for the pricier ones.

They're now ONE box for 50-ish. I hope you get all 4. There was something like this several years ago, where Amazon had a glitch & something was listed for lots of packs of something cheap. Loads of people jumped on it. Amazon caught the glitch when people started complaining they hadn't gotten their whole order :/

:cele:

Here's hoping they sent all 4 boxes! If not I'd raise a stink an yell false advertising have a little talk with them. When I worked in retail many lifetimes ago, if we advertised something for a certain price we had to sell it at that. Or post a sign on the front door saying there was a mistake in the ad. We even took down sale signs in the store the night after a sale so they wouldn't be up when we opened the doors the next morning.

Keep us updated. Hope you sneaked by on this one!

The confirmation says four boxes, so we shall see. I was going through my closet and other hiding places because I wanted to inventory and inspect the other masks I have. The last time I gave my DH one box for his workshop the elastic was degrading and broke on two of the masks. I have to hide most of my stash because he is NOT on board with prepping. I found four cases of N95's that I had forgotten about! I have at least 1,000 N95 masks. I literally could keep my neighborhood covered.

I think I need a 12-step program.

The confirmation says four boxes, so we shall see. I was going through my closet and other hiding places because I wanted to inventory and inspect the other masks I have. The last time I gave my DH one box for his workshop the elastic was degrading and broke on two of the masks. I have to hide most of my stash because he is NOT on board with prepping. I found four cases of N95's that I had forgotten about! I have at least 1,000 N95 masks. I literally could keep my neighborhood covered.

Step 1: "We admitted we were powerless over our addiction ~ that our lives had become unmanageable."

Just sayin'. :whistling:

Can you imagine all of us getting together in a room trying to do an intervention on the other ones. Who would be the designated sponsor? "Ya but I only have 900 masks. You have 1000. You need help! What next, 50 bottles of hand sanitizer? You really need to face reality and get with the program. If your sponsor is out shopping...call another one, and another one..." :baseballbat:

Step 1: "We admitted we were powerless over our addiction ~ that our lives had become unmanageable."

Just sayin'. :whistling:

Can you imagine all of us getting together in a room trying to do an intervention on the other ones. Who would be the designated sponsor? "Ya but I only have 900 masks. You have 1000. You need help! What next, 50 bottles of hand sanitizer? You really need to face reality and get with the program. If your sponsor is out shopping...call another one, and another one..." :baseballbat:

LMAO!!! Yeah, I guess it's like the pot calling the kettle black!

And then we have our T.P. queens...... :darlenequeen: Can't even ASK how many rolls they have stashed...... :blink:

MtRider ...but actually, I'm just envious! :lol:

Ironically, I don't have a stash of TP. We use family cloth and if I have one roll of paper TP in the house that is a lot. I should stock up on paper TP in case I can't use my washer for what ever reason.

And then we have our T.P. queens...... :darlenequeen: Can't even ASK how many rolls they have stashed...... :blink:

MtRider ...but actually, I'm just envious! :lol:

Toothpaste. Nuff said.

Toothpaste!! Yes!!

Oh boy, this is scary. I just text my husband at work and asked him if he could bring home some surgical gowns/booties/hats.... for halloween. He works in a hospital (non-healthcare worker) and a few years ago he brought some home for the kids to play with. He thinks I'm off the wall already so I told him it's for a halloween costume.

What is highlighted in red is what scares me. This person could have landed in any airport prior to arriving in Dallas, exposing thousands of people.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/30/6162320/cdc-team-mobilizing-to-come-to.html?rh=1

Ebola unconfirmed, CDC coming to Dallas

Posted Tuesday, Sep. 30, 2014

A team from the Centers for Disease Controls is coming to Dallas in case a patient at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital tests positive for Ebola, media partner WFAA reported from the Dallas County Commission meeting Tuesday.

Reporter Sebastian Robertson reported that the patient has not yet tested positive, but that a CDC team is mobilizing.

The patient, who came to the hospital on his or her own, according to Dallas County Health Director Zachary Thomas, is being kept in strict isolation at the hospital, according to a statement released Monday by the hospital. Thomas said in an interview with WFAA that the patient had traveled to Africa.

Dallas-Fort Worth Airport has no direct flights to and from Africa, so if the patient were flying, he or she would have had to make a connection elsewhere.

Ebola more than 3,000 people across West Africa and infected a handful of Americans who have traveled to that region.

Presbyterian Hospital released a statement Monday saying officials there were following CDC recommendations to keep doctors, staff and patients safe.

The National Institutes of Health recently admitted an American doctor exposed to the virus while volunteering in Sierra Leone. Four other patients have been treated at hospitals in Georgia and Nebraska.

Edited by Jakk