MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

only contact with bodily fluids ? Really????? How about being in close physical proximity, shaking his hand when you are introduced or a hug against the ill person's body. So much for all the comforting assurances of the CDC just last night on the news conference.

I hope and pray people will immediately begin to be more careful, also while shopping. Please bring alcohol wipes or just wear latex while shopping. You don't know who touched what! ( Then didnt take it off the shelf or put it back. ) Discard once you put the groceries away and are done with cart.

He was out in public for four days while shedding the virus. What if he was in a Walmart bathroom and threw up in the toilet, wiped his mouth with his hands and then touched the bathroom door lock? Would someone touching that door right after him get it? What if he sat in RiteAid sweating with fever while waiting for his antibiotics? He was in contact with four children that went to Dallas public schools. What if they come down with it after exposing countless numbers of kids?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It definitely makes me wonder, Jakk. Since it starts to show symptoms what 8 to 21 days, usually 8 to 10 I think they have said.... we should see if it is spreading quite fast . I think anyone with kids or working with people alot in the area may want to prep for SIP if it increases.

People often ignore fevers, coughs, sneezes, flu symptoms because nobody will be watching them ( youth) and they go to school and the mall anyway, etc, also adults, well they are only allowed so many sick days or none , depending on where they work. Ignoring this stuff will simply spread it.

this happens far too frequently. I doubt half the folks out there know this is NOT the typical flu season yet, either....... and therein lies the problem.

I would be very careful and have my kids be very careful for now. hubbies too, etc. in that area for the next few weeks and keep an eye on more alerts in the news and make decisions. If there is any chance of exposure, it is best to SIP rather than evacuate and bring the virus out further. but as you can see there are too many travel freedoms still going on. NO one is going to catch everyone that was around this person, he has been too many places and around far more people.

This is how it goes. And the medical personnel at the hospital ignored the fact he was clearly from Liberia on his first visit and gave him antibiotics. He should have been isolated and tested then. How many people were in the waiting room and how many medical workers in the ER at the front desk where you check in, were exposed in person to him and what did he touch?

There may be others out there , landing in other cities that did not get screened properly, since they won't close the borders /airports over there for long term. Yea it doesn't seem fair , not politically correct, etc etc but this is the type of stuff where it is the best way to go and they just are not doing it. So, it was bound to happen.

All we can do is try to avoid and deal with any infection that comes to our areas, and properly have the remains handled if someone dies.

If by chance he became infectious while travelling........its only his word how long he has been showing symptoms, how many more radiate outward from his points of contact and airport hubs? Dulles VA and Dallas' airport.

There are too many holes here to make me believe more won't show up sick very soon if not already other than the one or two so far in Dallas, among those they know about. So, it is just a situation that takes watching and preparation for. Right now I can't wait til my payday on Friday.

Boy lots of mistakes all the way around on this ebola thing. He told the people at the hospital he had come from Liberia and they didn't catch it, he was helping move patients with ebola and then got on a plane and flew to the U.S. What was he thinking and why are we still letting people fly to our country from there! I don't understand this.

And this evening, I listened to a short clip by Glenn Beck ....who has his studio in Dallas......

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/10/01/preparing-for-ebola-hear-glenns-message-to-his-son-in-law-in-dallas/

.....and he said [almost exactly...LOL ] the same thing I've been saying for the past two days......

And everyone here on MrsS already knows this and has beeeen doing this...for years!

We are on it already, friends! Now trust what God has already brought you to! Trust however far HE has brought you in preparing for any type of HARD TIMES, including this. Trust that HE will have you in the palm of HIS hand for the rest of it....while you listen for further instructions... personal to you and yours. :pray:

MtRider :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

The entire continent of Africa needs to be sealed off to contain the spread. That will never happen, but nothing short of doing so will stop the spread.

:unsure: that might be a bit over the top....but I understand the sentiment.

If sealing of borders occurs, it WILL have dire affects on the economies of the sealed country and those who normal do business/trade with them. IF this goes pandemic, there will be far-reaching affects beyond the health concerns [which are quite tragic enough].

MtRider :(

That is an excellent reminder to get more. I get it by the 16 oz bottle which i can bundle up and transport if need be. Check on amazon kindle books for a small inexpensive book on the subject and read up on it then go back and make your purchases. It has been a while. 50,000 is a number that comes to mind. You want a good brand but don't be a sucker for the commercial dance on the super hyped brand names. Or you pay twice as much for the same thing someone else did more reasonably. Good all around stuff to have in medicine cabinet .

This is good news..... but I hope they double...triple check their tests.

Hawaii case does not have Ebola....per CDC tests.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/02/patient-in-hawaii-does-not-have-ebola-says-cdc/

Viray specifically mentioned that officials were asking hospitals to take precautions with anyone who complained of a fever and had recently traveled to West Africa, (snip)

The world now needs to begin doing this. Should be practicing "Universal Precautions" already. But if the situation changes, and we have to start testing EVERYONE from MANY MANY PLACES (...er, including Dallas TX)..... :unsure: I hope they have enough equipment/supplies for a bazillion tests.

MtRider :pray:

Does anyone store colloidal silver? I used to have a bottle of drops years ago but can't find it. I want to buy more but I'm finding a wide variety to choose from on Amazon.

PPM? Spray? Drops?

I have 2 bottles of it that I got at a health food store in Amish country. I've had it for a number of years and used it but for the life of me I can't remember what all for or if it worked. I know I used it on an old keloid scar. The scar is nearly gone but I don't remember if the C.S. did the trick or if 'time' faded it. It was a nasty red dime sized raised scar and now I can barely feel it and there are just a couple of little red dots I had to look for. It was the result of a biopsy...benign. I think I used it for something else too but I don't remember. I'm keeping it in my arsenal though.

Who knows what will work or not. I even have thieves oil I will use if all else fails. I don't really buy into it but I'll use what ever I have on hand just in case something works.

Oh yeah, the colloidal silver I have is in a bottle with a dropper. I like it because I can just add a drop or two on something and have more control over it. As I remember it was pretty expensive and I didn't want to waste any of it.

Edited to add:

This is the kind I got but to be honest, I got this brand only because that was what the store carried.

http://www.abi4health.com/index.php?sub=silver5002

Edited by Jeepers

US Ebola patient's family under quarantine as he faces criminal charges in Liberia

(I would hope he faces charges in the US too. He IS the weapon of mass destruction IMO.)

Texas officials announced they have placed the family of the man diagnosed in Dallas with Ebola under quarantine just as the Liberian government said he will face criminal charges.

Officials hand-delivered the order to Thomas Duncan's relatives Wednesday night after they reportedly violated an official request to not leave home, WFAA reported. The Liberian citizen reportedly lied on his health form to gain entry to the U.S.

Duncan's family is now under a strict quarantine until October 19. They are legally prohibited from leaving their Dallas home for any reason.

"We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease," Dr. David Lakey, Texas health commissioner, said in a statement posted to Facebook. "This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way."

Duncan lying on his health form has prompted Liberian officials to announce they will file criminal charges against him for carrying the deadly virus through Europe and two U.S. cities, the Associated Press reported.

The exposed family members have not yet shown symptoms, but officials announced Wednesday plans to keep them under observation for 21 days. Included in the quarantine are five schoolchildren.

The order covers Ebola's incubation period. Individuals infected with the deadly virus often do not show symptoms for several days.

Those relatives are also required by law to provide blood samples for testing as requested by health officials and also to immediately report symptoms.

Officials also announced Thursday morning they believe as many as 100 people were exposed to Ebola by Duncan since his arrival in the U.S.

Infected people are not contagious until symptoms are visible. Those symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever and headache.

Individuals under quarantine face criminal charges and even jail time if the order is violated.

Duncan remains in critical condition at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

He is the first known-diagnosed case of Ebola in the U.S. and anywhere outside of Africa.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/02/us-ebola-patients-family-under-quarantine-as-he-faces-criminal-charges-liberia/20971446/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D539544

I recently read and article or heard a youtube or something about making your own colloidal silver. I can't remember! Maybe it was from the Survival Summit where they have videos to watch. Or maybe it was a free ebook.

I've seen those too. I think you use a piece of silver, a battery and water. I wouldn't trust myself with that to get the proper strength etc. If I was using large quantities of it I'd learn though.