MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Yeee-Haw

I'm back! Gawd did I miss you guys! I got my computer back without any loss. And ATT just left after getting me hooked back up. I needed a new Gateway and a new Router or Modem or what ever it's called and new wires that hook it all up. Also either a squirrel, mouse or chipmunk gnawed on a wire outside. So, as of now everything is new so I SHOULD be problem free for awhile. When they changed out my DVR/Modem thing I lost all of my recorded stuff. At first I told him I'd just keep my old one so I wouldn't lose anything but on further thought I told him to go ahead and switch out. He said it was clicking and it was just a matter of time. Without being connected I didn't have TV, Internet or Telephone. Also, I couldn't load any more books for Kindle or remove any. If we have an EMP, lots of people are sure going to be crying. At least I could still read on the Kindle and I went through a lot of books that I can now clear out. I got a lot of stuff done without Internet too. :blush:

Anyhooo... :hi:

Yoohoo! We've all missed you for sure! If you go to Amazon.com you should have a "library content" (I think that's what it is called) and you can re-send all your e-books to your new pc (or kindle?). They pretty much stay there forever unless you go there to delete them. Even if you remove them from your home pc, they still stay there, I don't know for how long though. There's been a couple of times if removed something from my Kindle reader and later said "Oh, I want to have that again" and went there and re-sent it.

:wave::hapydancsmil::bighug2:

Thanks all. I can't begin to say how good it is to be back. I had a few questions and no one to ask. I did get some prepping done thanks to Super K-Mart going out of bidness. I got a lot of canning jar lids and Food Saver bags/rolls. Plus blankets, pillows, OTC meds, a baby monitor (for sick room) and a few other things I forget right now. Also stuff for the garage like car oil, windshield washer, snow brushes, trans fluid, brake fluid, 2 extra wiper blades and general car stuff. And some fans, light bulbs and some canned food. Everything was between 30-50% off. I didn't get everything at once. I kept thinking of things and making more trips. They are just about cleaned out. They said the regular K-Mart's aren't going out. I also bought an exercise machine. It's sort of a glider/elliptical thing. It's also still in the box in the garage. :24: Well, it's heavy and son needs to come over and bring it in. :blah:

Good to see you Philbe. Hope you are doing well since your surgery! I didn't lose anything on the Kindle, I just couldn't add or delete anything because of no Internet connection. I just glad I could still read on it. I was hauling butt cleaning house for the ATT guy and ended up down in the back for a few days.

Oh and I have enough alcohol to barter. Whiskeys, wines, rums, vodkas etc. and I found some Ever Clear over here. If we ever have another prohibition I'm sittin' pretty. At $5.00 a shot...pfffft I'm gonna be a thousand-aire! :girlneener: