MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stuck in a small town place, in the middle of a huge wilderness. Knitting projects and help.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably bed socks, lol.

Most sock yarn is 75% or 80 % wool and then 20 or 25 % nylon for fingering weight yarns.

with worsted weight 100% wool , for boot socks, you add in something like Wooly Thread, a nylon thread, in the heel and toes for durability, for boot socks. Well made and cared for, they will last a decade usually.

Ok, grey marl socks, moving along, did gusset pick up stitches and working the gusset. I do believe this is the very first time I have not messed up on stitches on heel. * Pats myself on the back for that. It does mess with the symmetry of the patterning you are trying to achieve! I am, however just now getting the right number of dpn needles going on my third round of the gusset part. I should have that done sooner. I am a bit foggy headed from benydryl and evidently the tryptophan in the refried quesadilla this morning are doing in my mental ability, even with two stout cups of coffee !

Very happy my heel looks this good.

I have been only doing short spurts of knitting but just about done with reducing the gusset part to the foot stitch count.... hopefully tonight I can get along with it. I think I will cast on the other sock too and do the cuff once I reach the foot on this first sock of the pair. Found my other dpns set that matches these.

It remained nuts to the end of yesterday..... did they not deliver my cat food to my door? No knock either... umm, email comes at least half an hour later, so I look outside....... hmm, nada......... I was ticked.

So, I finally got the pages to load on shetlandwoolweek.com ( I think that is it. )

This is a wonderful knit hat that is adorable and can be quite sophisticated at the same time. It involves color work. I have seen some beginner knitters do this in the Knitting groups so, it isn't all that hard.... One day I would love to make one. Some make them in other colors than shown, and they all turn out just grand.

Average adult head size.

http://www.shetlandwoolweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SWW-2015-Leaflet-Aug-2.pdf