MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sassenach

Weather Reports For Winter 2014-2015

Wow. The news is saying it will start to come across AZ tomorrow afternoon. Some rain and wind in the northern part of the state with a good possibility of rain on Saturday.

Another "bleary" day here...but in the upper 40's. Went to a birthday party a bunch of our friends were throwing for a single fella-friend, turned 72 :-) Pot luck, so we're stuffed. I baked bread all day since that's what they wanted me to bring...and they had half of it eaten before the meal was served! funny how fresh hot Artisan breads/rolls affect people :-)

I saw a picture of the surfers at Lake Tahoe, that is nuts, that lake is so cold in summertime it turned my lips blue in ten minutes and now????? Yikes. Even with wet suits, I wouldn't want my son or big brother out there. Brrrr.

I stayed home and put up with the lights off and on today. It seems to have steadied by tonight though. I was going to go for a walk but its that bad set of temps where it melts underneath like the late winter, springtime is, and then it freezes in spots into slick ice. ( I really need to go dig my ice trax out for my boots.)

I just spent some time mapping out some walking routes in town on sparkpeople.com . My walk to the park and back is fine, it is all flat at least and good sidewalks til i get to the park road and then that is very quiet so I can walk on the edge of the road right now safely, then just turn around. About a 30 minute walk.

I just mapped out the route to the VA Clinic. It is more than 8 miles, it is 9.02 miles! Goodness. With a low ridge or two to go up and down. Round trip. I was doing better than I thought and I was in serious neuropathy pain from it too..... finally found out that is what is causing the pain. Sometimes I just had to get it done.

But I have some short in town routes set up and got my shopping routes too. They do count, lol. Since I am on foot.

Going to see if I can't get a bit more walking in this week. The weather should be all right, its just the icy factor but it actually will be slightly warming up and then drop to the twenties by the next weekend. That is fine.

I have only 14 pounds to go on weight loss. It is hard to believe and I know I am doing well with it. ( First time for everything , isn't there? ) I don't feel that small yet. I do need to tone up, so that is part of it all. I do feel lighter though and move a lot easier .

Eyes the manual treadmill across the living room............uh huh...... good idea for winter time, lol. I need to move a few things back where they belong tomorrow so I can deploy it since it is folded up right now. Good goal , after breakfast tomorrow. LOL.

Oh and Blueberry Hill area is 6 whole miles round trip..... which I did not realize, other direction, lol. I can work up to that. It is very nice to go there in the summer time.

Supposed to be cloudy but warm (50's) today so we're making a run to a nearby city to buy some T-post (used but straight and cheap) to set fencing at the Roost for Abby-girl. We have to put her on chain while we're working because she's so under-foot and wants to stick her nose (typical Lab) into everything we're sorting etc. When we have weather like this in winter it's a good time to do outside projects that would otherwise need to wait for spring. Buying these t-post is a "front line" expenditure but the fella's asking half of what they'd cost us at Lowe's etc., and they're taller :-) Won't be buying food (other than eggs) for a long time so we'll re-coup the dollars.

Edited by The WE2's

:hapydancsmil:

The ground is wet!

Clouds are drifting overhead and occasionally release a few sprinkles of rain.

It smells awesome outside!

:bouquet:

This weather report is brought to you from a desert dweller who rarely sees rain. :happy0203:

:thumbs: Annarchy. Enjoy! Have anything in the garden right now?

High in the Rockies, skies are completely and depressingly overcast. Temperatures hover at barely above freezing....we rely on the solar gain of sunshine! "Weather" is predicted for late today and tomorrow..... ??? Dust still reigns in our valley *cough* *cough*

MtRider :shrug: we'll see what happens.

Very cloudy but warm today. Took a "day trip" and got to meet Twilight...FINALLY! Had a wonderful visit, walking around her homestead area and just "talking" ... :-)

Crystal said out in NM they were getting rain, it felt weird to them all .

I was fine today, lol, did some house cleaning and roasted chicken tonight with a few pieces still being stewed up right now. it was clear and sunny and 25 F degrees.

:thumbs: Annarchy. Enjoy! Have anything in the garden right now?

TY Mt_Rider,

There are 3 tomato plants, with little tomatoes about the size of a ping pong ball and flowers, 2 jalapeño plants, sprinkled with fruit-picked daily to keep up, 1 green chili plant, with a few small chilis-letting them get bigger before I pick them, and several volunteer onions scattered here and there. And the avocado sprouts are flourishing.

The clouds released a slow rain most of the morning, then, began to clear out shortly after noon. By 4pm it was clear overhead with dark tall clouds obscuring the mountain ranges in the distance.

This morning, it is crystal clear and 40*F.

Crystal said out in NM they were getting rain, it felt weird to them all .

She is right, sassenach, it does feel weird when it rains. Hope you stay warm.

Took a "day trip" and got to meet Twilight...FINALLY! Had a wonderful visit, walking around her homestead area and just "talking" ... :-)

:thumbs:

Someday I hope to meet everyone here. Glad the weather was good for your trip.

Yes it was so nice to meet someone(s) that are so genuine!

I did so enjoy meeting you two and visiting and yes even learning

new things!

Yes it would be nice to meet everyone!!! Do you suppose we could

contrive a meeting somewhere the central US?

SNOWING :santa: Not even very cold....upper 20's.

Have you ever forgot the predicted weather and gotten a SURPRISE when you open the curtains in the morning? We've been SO dry and colors here are sage green, pine green, and dirt. Opened curtain and WHITE! Several inches but not probably amount to much even up in our elevations. [ as in: inches, not feet] North wind that will hit barnyard but house hides behind a huge hill. No wind right here. ......not that I'm planning to be outside much today - taking it easy after being clocked by Koa last nite. {goofy mutt!}

MtRider ....GLAD for the moisture to clear the dust!!!! :amen:

Yes it was  so nice to meet someone(s) that are so genuine!

I did so enjoy meeting you two and visiting and yes even learning 

new things!

Yes it would be nice to meet everyone!!! Do you suppose we  could

contrive a meeting  somewhere the central US?

Wouldn't that be FUN!!!? Nothing but a time to just spend together sharing life.  For those of us who have RV's we could travel a bit & provide our own sleeping but other's would need motel accomodations.  Meals could be taken care of it the "event" only consisted of a couple of days and we could do outside cooking (SunOven, propane grills, and propane stoves). Fun just thinking about it! LOL

ps...and probably not at anyone's home (for security reasons) but somewhere centralized for all of us to not have to travel for any great distance/cost.

Edited by The WE2's

Beautiful day here today. Got Abby-girl's new "pad" done! LOL She now has a 20x70 "yard" that's all her own and we don't have to keep her on a swivel chain while we're working inside at the Roost (she's too under-foot to be inside with us). MrWE2 played Frisbee with her until she grabbed it and hid behind one of "her trees"! She's such a hoot sometimes. Supposed to have one more warm day tomorrow BUT rain. We'll work inside at the Roost or get mother's chores done...we'll see.

Another cloudy day but cold now. Same forecast for tomorrow and then tomorrow evening NOAA says rain & snow. We'll do what we can at the Roost and then will just have to stay here until the weather clears up and the roads are safe. Not going to get out on slick nasty roads. Will move our leather loveseat to the Roost in the morning, and just keep it in the bedroom with our end tables and coffee table. Will be nice to have a place to "rest" that's not a lawn chair :-) We've got our leather recliners here and the older end tables etc.

My tiny little 87 year old friend called to tell me it was getting slippery down there

about 60 miles sw of here. It was 33 here when she called.

Last night it was crystal clear around 9pm , clouds came back early this a.m. and stayed.

The weather has not been what was predicted...... not near as bad.

Wednesday; got the leather loveseat into the Roost and sorted out more "stuff" ... and most of it is now in boxes or totes (like it was 2 years ago when they broke in and upturned everything!) so we'll be working at getting it stored either in the shed at the Roost or the sheds at the homestead. We knocked off well before the bad stuff is supposed to start moving in. On our way to the Roost they were out spraying the highway with liquid salt, so they must be expecting some slick roads. Glad to see them using it again (instead of that junk that just makes a mess under your car etc.) because it's so much more effective. Nothing's coming down yet, but we have an 80% forecast for tonight, with 1-3 accumulation. We're tucked in and ate the left over homemade pizza I made last night for our usual Tuesday night "pizza night"! Stay safe everybody.

Started raining around midnight, drizzled all night and let up about 7am, continued sprinkling off and on throughout the day.

32 degrees roads clear, 2-3 inches of snow-more may have fallen but the ground

is too wet and warm for accumulation , calm . Very gray looking , the wet snow is

hanging off the roof ..waiting for the momentum to all come crashing down.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.