MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Cat

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS WEEK TO PREPARE? PART 44

Submitted an offer on a place in the country in Wisconsin. It's a repo with lots of work needed. It would keep DH out of trouble if we get it. :hapydancsmil:

It's on a hillside so I will need to learn terracing for the veggie and flower gardens (my own tractor with backhoe :0327: ). The view of surrounding bluffs and Wisconsin River valley is breathtaking though, and tucked away for privacy. :thumbs:

Submitted an offer on a place in the country in Wisconsin. It's a repo with lots of work needed. It would keep DH out of trouble if we get it. :hapydancsmil:

It's on a hillside so I will need to learn terracing for the veggie and flower gardens (my own tractor with backhoe :0327: ). The view of surrounding bluffs and Wisconsin River valley is breathtaking though, and tucked away for privacy. :thumbs:

Repo's are surely a way to purchase economically. What someone else has torn up & discarded (no pride of ownership!) can one day be the wise and hardworking persons' place of blessing.

Didn't get anything done today...except some grocery shopping. Rotated some eggs from the homestead frig, and stopped at the bread store to put some breads in the homestead's freezer. Also stopped at Sav-A-Lot and they still had their short cut green beans (just a little higher) on sale, so we bought two more flats (12) and we'll rotate them into the extended pantry. We've still got A LOT of decisions ahead of us, wo we've asked God for wisdom.

Got my big item. Have not got it out of the box yet but will do that tomorrow cause today was insanely busy and busy minded. Too tired tonight.

Today was a drizzle day so all three of us loaded up in the truck and headed west to the "city" :-) Wanted to check out the Habitat For Humanity ReStore to see if they had any gas kitchen stoves. Neither one had gas...lots of electric :-( Then went to Harbor Freight to pick up some vacuum bags so I can store some of my linens in and also we want to start putting our seasonal clothes in vacuum sealed bags. Made a trip yesterday to two of our favorite "plain people" stores and bought 4 more cases ($1.25 a case!) of Greek yogurt, more sausage patties, boxes of cereal, several more boxes of instant Tasters Choice coffee tubes, more instant oatmeal packages and a several other useful foods. Each place we took out a full grocery cart full...total? $100 +/- Other than toilet paper and paper towels, I don't think we need a thing for quite a while :-) Going to clean more of Mother's small things up and plan to take them to an open air market (we've sold there before) to see if the Memorial Day traffic will get some of it sold. Told son (our "renter") that we had other plans for the Homestead and they didn't include him as a renter. When he asked "are you selling it?" MrWE2 stated again..."we have plans for the property and it doesn't include you as a renter. We're getting out of the landlord business". Drove to a subsidized housing complex for disabled, senior and handicapped and took the information to him, so I think he knows we mean business.

Edited by The WE2's

Both housing deals fell through. B) I'm happy for the family that stayed where they are and will purchase the rental they're living in. She's having a baby in August and really doesn't need the extra stress during her first pregnancy.

We were comfortable on the offer we made on the repo in Wisconsin. We even had a carpenter friend tour with us and gave us a detailed list of repairs/costs on everything that needed addressed. Someone else outbid us on the last opportunity to bid to the bank. I feel sorry that they will be spending more on the place than it's worth. :scratchhead:

We've decided to stay put for this year. We have more remodeling to do plus a lengthy trip on a project in Africa. The Lord knows what he's doing and we DID ask for direction on this possible relocation. :whistling:

Time to plant more veggies in the garden. :feedme:

Could it be a " lengthly STAY" in Africa? I do love your attitude about not getting one of the houses.

I will wait upon the Lord. I will wait upon the Lord.😌😌😌😌

Both housing deals fell through. B) I'm happy for the family that stayed where they are and will purchase the rental they're living in. She's having a baby in August and really doesn't need the extra stress during her first pregnancy.

We were comfortable on the offer we made on the repo in Wisconsin. We even had a carpenter friend tour with us and gave us a detailed list of repairs/costs on everything that needed addressed. Someone else outbid us on the last opportunity to bid to the bank. I feel sorry that they will be spending more on the place than it's worth. :scratchhead:

We've decided to stay put for this year. We have more remodeling to do plus a lengthy trip on a project in Africa. The Lord knows what he's doing and we DID ask for direction on this possible relocation. :whistling:

Time to plant more veggies in the garden. :feedme:

The "chokes" are about 18" high and going strong! :-)

I'm never surprised when God closes doors and provides "off ramps" for those who's steps are ordered :-)

Well.....

God certainly showed me a few lessons.

Several teeth had to come out, then, antibiotics to keep the infection from overtaking my system.

Aieeee, Annarchy! Glad you got it taken care of! Dental issues are a LOT more serious than they seem sometimes. Proximity to the brain is one issue.

MtRider :amen:

Teeth roots go deep. :(

I got my first Zaycon delivery this morning. Tomorrow we can chicken. Any suggestions as to spicing (or not)? Right...I need to post those questions elsewhere.

The African trip will be several months long, if all goes well. I generally carry veggie seeds and grow gardens in my spare time on the longer projects. The most challenging are hot and dry African countries (lack of composting material) and the west Pacific islands (typhoons).

Except for chicken soup canning, I generally keep the spices plain. That way I can use them in any recipe, even cold chicken salad in the Dog Days of summer.

WE2s - My chokes are doing great too. Soon they will block out the nosy neighbors to the South for the rest of summer. :hapydancsmil:

Ouch Annarchy. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Hope the infections stay away too. There is some sort of bacteria on teeth that causes heart disease too but I can't remember what it's called. Glad you are getting it taken care of.

I hope you feel better soon, its no fun, the dental stuff and add in infections. I have to take clindamycin now for that stuff, penicillin is useless for it regarding my infections so far involving dental. ( Broad based antibiotic that is much stronger overall than penicillin.).

Still have to finish the water filter bag I am knitting up with cotton yarn I would be able to both feel and maybe even see in the star shine if it was dark and I was outside and needed to drink from a creek or somewhere and my water bottle was already empty. Its a sturdy good little bag, too. I made a great self padded bottom for it. Should protect the filter quite well.

Prepping day pack and cat stuff in case we need to evac to town shelter at school in case it does flood tonight or tomorrow. TEXAS has sent it's regards to Upstate NY I guess.

Jeepers is a wee bit wet over in Ohio , as well. We had just been lucky so far. I will see how it goes tonight and tomorrow.

Have my stored water increased, got the foam floaty thingy and plastic bags for a spare five gallon bucket if needed now. Fried up cake donuts this afternoon and have pb and cooked lentils and canned stuff to eat, lol. Im good.

good point. I am off to bed. It is raining hard here. Not super hard but good and steady. It's a lot and it rained very well yesterday and earlier today so maybe that is enough to be a real problem, and the storm is massive, solid green mostly how it is tracking over my state and area. No breaks. So, maybe a few hours shut eye at least. Mebbe not. Am tired.

At the homestead house, planted some "gifted" lambs quarter and about 12 kale plants. Found a lovely easter lilly growing at the Roost so dug it up and replanted it at the homestead. Put everything except the kale in containers until they recover from their trip from there to here :-) At the Roost, the lambs quarter, winter onions and sunchokes are doing great. The chokes are about 3 foot now :-) We'll probably transplant some of them to the homestead when we decide where we'd want them.

ps...also dug some of our wild strawberries up and put them in a container to see if we can get them growing that way. Also tied back our blackberry bushes...they've got some nice looking berries coming on. Also the rasberries are coming back. We thought we'd lost them :-)

Edited by The WE2's

Was gifted 2 lovely Rhode Island Red hens that have each given me an egg a day since I got them. Didn't even quit from being moved. I'm still working on fence for the goats and started clearing a spot for a hen house and pen. Also cutting trees for my future garden spot. Too wet to plant much but I put in 7 tomato plants about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they are starting to take off. One has a tomato on it. (No internet at home, cell phone internet turned out to be not worth paying for. Don't know when I will get something else. I'm at the library again.)

Rained all day so we worked at the homestead. Still sorting things out. Every time we work there, we have several bags of stuff to set on the curb for the trash truck. Bet their wondering what the world is going on :-) MrWE2 vacuumed and then I shampoo'd some spots on the livingroom carpet. When we have the dining room emptied we'll do the same there. Took a peek under the carpet between the master bdrm. & dining room and it would appear that there's oak floors under that aged carpeting! Sure hope so because we'll be jerking all the carpet up to sand them and pretty them up! The plants really loved the rain and are standing straight and tall! Haven't been able to do a thing at the Roost because of all the rain this month. When the outside dries out a bit, MrWE2 will finish the repairs to the mud seal etc., and get it buttoned up.

I am working on my move abit , sorted things out some today and doing some needed cleaning, nothing major, got ill with chronic fatigue the past few days from major stressors including landlady doing evil things to me, it was out of the ballpark, I must say. Never really ever had problems with any one before. She is so out of line so glad I am moving to a reasonably managed more sane set of apartments where I can actually organize because the layout is much better! So trying to find shelving and stuff I can take apart and use in the boonies, transported by wagon if necessary since I will need shelves, lol.

Thats not hard. Just utility shelves work and such things and I can afford that stuff.

I was at VA hospital trying to go through some really invasive personally oriented appts and with everything else going on in such tough ways, I couldn't handle it and had a climbing fatigue fever as I was there, each appt was checking it. I told them my ptsd was rampant and explained briefly what was going on.Was I ok? Would I be better at home or in the hospital? I have things to do here, and my cat only had her two day bowl of food and Im ok enough if the landlady just stays out of my face. She was just unbelieveable but she does have a bad rep for this junk she just pulled. I let her have it verbally. I do not like it when people assume I would not be paid up, and I originally paid, first, last and dep ( dep was helped by an org she is now refusing to pay back so I informed them today.)

But I felt like jello and just needed to come home, so they told me to do that and just rest as much as I can and everyone from VA social workers on down said the same, reschedule when I am re-settled and feeling better, take care of the move and ignore the witch, she is so far out of line. Her behavior is worthy of extortion charges at the DA's office in fact. Also the building could easily be shut down if I let the code inspector in on this matter ( this is mainly why I need to move out. ) I do not want the other occupants stuck out side though, suddenly, none of them deserve that. I let my neighbor know what transpired. She will be black listed by these orgs mostly but shes messing with the HUD office fraudently lying baldfaced to them. I really don't need this garbage on top of being stalked in the last month. She doesnt know about that but the authorities do.

So... just trying to float and sort the next few days, pay the new apartment rent and third of deposit like we decided and move my stuff over there.

Poor Sass! Isn't it horrid when you already have a plateful and someone does mean stuff; unnecessary mean stuff. Well, you just take it easy. She isn't getting by with it; sounds like she has a bad reputation on that sort of thing. Try to do whatever you can to put it out of your mind and heart. Look forward to a new place with :hapydancsmil: more room for crafts and stuff! Think of you and Miss Macy settled and content some day soon. Moving is a real chore but the benefits are wonderful in this case. Ease into this as much as you can. Accept help if offered. Be real careful that Miss Macy doesn't accidentally get let out the door!!!!! :o Animals get stressed with change too.

MtRider ...prayers for a smooth and calm move for Sass and Miss Macy! :amen:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.