WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS WEEK TO PREPARE? PART 44

Cat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of us came away with good reports.  I'll go in for 4 week followup and...if I choose...fitted for glasses.  I'm probably going to wait on the glasses thing until we get back from our EXTENDED tri

Hung out a couple of loads of laundry this morning...had to wear the heavy duty sunglasses...neighbors probably wouldn't want to share their thoughts   Pulled a pint jar of last years spiced pears, du

I've been going through the pantry and trying to use up things with looming expiration dates.  For example, we don't drink milk but I always have a few cans of evaporated milk on hand for the very occ

Posted Images

It's been a while since I've been in here. Good job prepping, everyone!

We have 2 land lines into our house. Business and personal. I've had my personal one over 30 years. IDK what my MIL or most senior people, who do not want cell phones/technology, will do without a land line. And... our TV service and internet have to be connected to the land line or they don't work.

This is not good. :shakinghead:

Philbe, what are the yellow slices on the styrofoam tray? Are you doing something with cheese? Also don't recognize the "Deni" machine. Bread mixer?

The proud quotient must rise with every "ping"!

Satisfaction, Security, Contentment, Gifting, Serving, all sealed up in those lovely jars of love.

Well done Ms S friend!

uh oh Annarchy, did you inform your phone company of that? I can reccomend satellite type wifi service, you can get all the stuff you need and a subscription through products I have seen listed on amazon.

society is changing its methods again, so if we want to be able to communicate we have to adapt.

RE: disappearing land lines.

But....mountains don't adapt. Even 2-way radios don't work here. We went years before a company FOUND a satellite they could hit from our house. Only a special program made it affordable for us to use that method.

.....us folks with hearing difficulties REALLY don't want only cell phones. So often poor clarity. :(

MtRider ....and around here, you get all sorts of negative attention :runcirclsmiley2: if you send out smoke signals..... :lol:

Philbe, what are the yellow slices on the styrofoam tray? Are you doing something with cheese? Also don't recognize the "Deni" machine. Bread mixer?

The proud quotient must rise with every "ping"!

Satisfaction, Security, Contentment, Gifting, Serving, all sealed up in those lovely jars of love.

Well done Ms S friend!

We buy bulk cheese and slice it ourselves...the bulk piece is sealed so just laid the slices in it until I put them in a freezer bag. The Deni machine is my little ice cream maker. Yes, we enjoy the sound of "ping" ... music!

So...what did I do today? Last week we got red/purple onions on sale at Aldi's. Was REALLY disappointed...they're hot and strong to say the least! So...this morning I stood over 4 bags of the things, running water while I chopped, and I now have 10 bags plus a jar full of chopped onions. The jar is in the frig but the 10 baggies I put first into individual baggies, then into two separate freezer bags (they're so strong!) and they're headed for the deep freeze. I don't mind grabbing a bag of onions so I don't have to cut them up every time. Right now I have another batch of long grain rice in my cooker, for Abby-girl. I'm making up single serve bags to put in the freezer for her. We've began supplementing her diet with the rice and veggies (green beans, sweet potatoes, peas etc.). She stands there and absolutely drewels while we're mixing it with her kibbles :-)

post-9087-0-62988900-1443470009_thumb.jpg

Whoo-hooo, Annarchy. Love cast iron and it's so.....forever!

Well, WE2....one thing about not wanting HOT onions.... It won't take much to season a pot of chili or something. A little will go a looong way.

MtRider :cook:

I always heard red onions were milder. I've found that to NOT be the case too many times. I love raw onions but can't take the heat of the hot ones. Good to cook with though. I used red onions to pickle (just onions and vinegar) thinking they would be pretty. They weren't. Most of the red leached out in the vinegar making it so you couldn't even see the onions in the jar. I ended up with a clump of limp red onions that resembled worms. They were still good but pretty unappetizing to look at.

Wow Annarchy, that looks just like the skillet my grandma used to use every day. Ya done good! :bow:

:coffeescreen:

I think I rely on auto spell check too much. :ashamed0002:

Had to wear a breathing mask and protective glasses and it still sandblasted my face.

Thanks for the smile this morning, I needed that. :bouquet:

What did I do today? OK...a load of laundry, ran the vacuum. Made up more liquid dish soap. Cut a nice tenderloin in half and put in them into my cast iron chicken fryer with lid on for about 4 hours, then one each into a wide mouth Ball jar with lids and rings. Let it set until cooled (and they did ping) and then placed them in my freezer for quick access. Pull 'em out, pop the lid and warm 'em up! :thumbs: Then remembered that when the kids were little I used to take vanilla pudding and the small vanilla wafer cookies and made a dessert...and since I had a couple of retail puddings that needed to be used and a bag of vanilla wafers that needed to be used...put it together. Nice dessert even for adults! :thumbs:

Edited by The WE2's