MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Cat

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS WEEK TO PREPARE? PART 44

WE2's, now we know you are a "hooker & a rocker" LOL. Seriously, glad to hear you mother is home. :pray:

DH went to the Shot Show in Los Vegas last week. He brought home all sorts of freebies. Several packages of hand and foot warmers, carabiners, key rings, ruck sacks, cloth shop towels and grocery bags, 1 G zip drives, mini LED flash lights, aluminum and collapsable water bottles, koozys, dog tags, and compact food rations, a solar fire starter, to name a few. Of course the usual, a huge stack of vendor catalogs, business cards, stickers and patches.

The chicken tractor is almost done. All it needs now is the chicken wire, two wheels and some straw for the nesting box.

Copied from Part 44a:

Hmmm...what page will we be on? Answer..."The Same Page"! LOL We did some more rockin' today, and got the ceiling done & that's the worst part! Yesterday was so beeUtiFull that we jumped in Miss B and took a day trip, so played catch up today at the Roost. I've taken some before pictures and intend to take some after pics for our scrapebook. Also squeezed out the Master Tonic and took our first "jolt"! I didn't have any trouble but it did light MrWE2 up so he used some lemon juice & a couple of crackers. Glad we only have to do this once a day & will build up to a larger "shot". We wrote it down on the calendar so we'll be able to track how we feel, and see if it's doing anything that it's supposed to be. Still drinking our ACV cocktail twice a day and the weight is slowly coming off. MrWE2 has lost a total of 15# and I'm at 10#.

Copied from Part 44a:

Trying to post this picture, again... It is made from scraps I had around the yard, the only thing I purchased was the chicken wire and it still needs wheels and a couple of chickens.

attachicon.gifCknTkr.png

worked on my storage/long term pantry. It was a mess .I never know when to quit tho.

Got to find the Tylenol ,finish supper and go to bed. OH MY BACK!!!

Had son till my garden every day this week and went into town and bought 25 lbs of seed potatoes, cabbage plants & early pea seeds. Sis bought 25 lbs of seed potatoes too. Planted 2 short rows of the early peas this morning. Thought it was going to rain so hurried up early to do them. But no rain yet...

Adding another bathroom so that we can sell the place this summer and retire in Wisconsin. So much to do here and looking for a secluded place there. Don't know if I'll try having a garden this year. The perennials will give us an abundance of fruits and veggies without planting a single seed. It sounds better every day. :hapydancsmil:

Worked yesterday at the roost, sheetrocking the kitchen pantry MrWE2 built as a partition between the kitchen and LR (not the BIG pantry) that I'll keep my everyday food stuffs. Kitchen ceiling is rocked and the kitchen walls. Still have a couple of places around the outside of the kitchen pantry & then we'll start the final part of the southern kitchen/LR wall. Not doing anything there today, iced & snowed a bit last night & we're going to the Moose for a tailgate of the super bowl. Friends decided not to get to gather since some were travelling from a distance.

Put up some more shelves in the new house and finally moved boxes of books out of the cabin we were in. Trying to get the cabin cleaned out so I can finish the work in there and set it up for my sewing and studio area. Then I can make room in the enclosed carport for chicks, ducklings, goslings and turkey poults as well as for goat kids. Planning to order the poultry in march though the turkeys will come later in the summer. Hoping to get Regal Red turkeys! Planning to order Welsh Harlequin ducks, Russian Orloff, Blue Sumatra, and White Laced Red Cornish chicks and a few American Buff Goslings.

Got another load of split oak firewood and a big round bale of hay Saturday. I've burned a bit less than a cord so far this season and the worst is behind us as far as cold goes. My little house is nice and snug and the small wood stove works well for heating. I cook on it too! I've started working on an outside bread oven. Probably take a while to finish that. SOOOO much work still to do on everything!

I'm packing up some of my knick-knacks and storing them away. I have too many figurine type things sitting around and I want to (can't think of the word). Scale back. SIGH. I have a bookcase that has Noah's Ark figurines all over the top of it and I'm packing them up. I want to get rid of the bookcase. Also a bunch of Amish figurines that need to go. And about 10 Amish dolls I made that need to be packed up. I'm getting serious. I can't get rid of them just yet but I'm boxing them up and I'm going to put them In the attic. If I ever move, I'll decide what to do with the boxes. Probably go to the Salvation Army. Oh, I just remembered I have some cow figurines too. I'm keeping my Eldreth Pottery though...so far. The other stuff I'd give away but the pottery I'd have to sell.

So, I have bubble wrap, boxes and tape all over my family room right now. Feels good. Especially since I won't have to dust them any more.

OK...will try this again :-( May end up a duplicate ... but Jeepers won't care! Sounds like you're a busy beaver Jeepers!

OK...will try this again :-( May end up a duplicate ... but Jeepers won't care! Sounds like you're a busy beaver Jeepers!

My hearing is going so a duplicate is always welcome. Eye sight is going so a duplicate is always welcome. Memory is going so a duplicate is always welcome. Sense of humor still intact...so far. :girlneener:

"Minimalize" was the word up there I was trying to think of. I think. :banghead:

Fricassee and Fried are the two hens and the rooster is named Roasted.

:happy0203:

OK ... which one "What Have You Done" is the current one? LOL

Yes Ma'am, this is the official and current one.

I'll copy the replies from the other thread (Part 44a) then, lock that thread, so I won't be causing any more confusion over my mistake. :ashamed0002:

ordered a box of 72 6 inch plumbers candles and the citronella tea lights bag of 50, some dremel pieces and a roll galvanized 1/4 inch wire mesh for construction of altoid stoves and any other thing it would be handy for. Candles and mesh wire were on sale but I had to pay shipping on the wire since it was not prime. It was still cheaper than local hardware store markups.

Have to go on errands and get cash and food stuffs for daypack travel tomorrow to Albany. Sigh.

Made a trip to a plain people store and picked up 3 wood honey dippers (1 is none etc...) and a nice size can of poppy seed (I make my own poppy seed dressing) and MrWE2 picked up an antique hand drill with all the bits for $15!!!! Also another something tool...don't ask me, I'm not the carpenter! LOL Anyway ... they'll be useful if we didn't have electricity...and MrWE2 can still put his carpentry skills to work. We're wanting to start adding nails (even though he seldom uses them...uses screws) to our set backs, because without electricity one can't build with screws etc. :-(

:hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil::hi: BIG HELLO to the ladies in Annarchy's new 'tractor'!!!!

Pssst.....do they know their names???? :unsure:

:grinning-smiley-044::008Laughing::24:

So......with the male, I assume you want to multiply??

MtRider ....which breed are they? I don't know chickens much.

Edited by Mt_Rider

.......all I did for survival this week is.......

:yuk: CLEAN THE CAT LITTER BOX...... :wacko:

MtRider :rolleyes: .....some weeks ya just gotta lower your expectations in life..... :yar:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I have to do that again, lol, Mt Rider. Poor Miss Macy. Well got my annual ultrasound done on parathyroid follicular benign tumor. It seems ok. Going to get it done has wiped me out and I will be going to rest shortly....but i did manage to get a lift all the way home .

Believe me, at our age, its not good to stand outside in totally frozen weather for 2 hours and 45 minutes when you have _______________ . Agony thawing out . Which is JUST WRONG.

I feel so beat up right now. I think I have said this before....

Well at least bigfoot stayed away, lol.

OK! Now I'm on the right page! LOL Had several plastic cannisters of goodies that we have purchased from the plain people stores so we drug out canning jars & self seal lids and transferred them for storage. MrWE2 wondered why I purchased two little containers that filled a quart jar of Kava Kava. My reply? In SHTF this will be gold for people suffering from stress etc., that can't get RX's. I'd just need to write up some useage labels for them. Made some more bread, that should last us a week without being in the frig. We're still taking the Master Tonic after breakfast each morning and apple Cider Vinegar cocktail with supper. Still "wearing" our super bowl foods though :-( Didn't get any work done today at the Roost due to bad weather. Will head out tomorrow. Stopped by the health food store and bought some items that hopefully will save me a lot of money to help balance estrogen/progesteron. The RX cream costs me $180+ with last about 2 months. Expensive stuff :-(

Mt_Rider, they are either Rhode Island Reds or Buckeye. My friend has several different types, Plymouth Rock, Silkie, Brahma and several others I have not identified yet. His wife's uncle passed and they inherited his farm.

I am hoping to help set up nesting boxes, because they not only want eggs but also want them to multiply. He gave me those three to see if they will start laying and maybe get some chicks started.

Research is on my agenda. Prepping knowledge.

One of the men at church was worried that half a cord of firewood might not be enough to last so he brought us half a dozen feed sacks of kindling and a pickup load of split oak. That ought to do us!

Awesome CGA.

My plumbers candles came today, so I have a boxful . Well I guess they were Jewish candles or something but they are white , six inch tapers and look like plumbers candles to me and for 22$ , that was the cheapest I have seen for 72 in a very long time so I got em.