MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

Without Warning...Banks Close [an UNreality] exercise

AND they can accuse you of money laundering if you take out too much within a given time period. And confiscate your money just for that....even if you are totally innocent.

Sooooo.....don't plan to wait to take out thousands at once. Can't be done anymore. Different plan is needed......and I wouldn't wait too long. Unless you have hundreds, not thousands to get withdrawn.

MtRider ...nope, don't have 'thousands' in any bank. .....don't have thousands at all. :shrug:

At the point that Greece is in, hundreds, maybe twenties, will likely be considered laundering (or any other illegal activity), if you have what they want.

Yeah....I think the whole point of this Unreality Scenario is to say.....

DON'T WAIT UNTIL WE ARE LIKE GREECE. TAKE YOUR PRECAUTIONS NOW! :bounce:

MtRider ....God help us all, please! :pray:

AND they can accuse you of money laundering if you take out too much within a given time period. And confiscate your money just for that....even if you are totally innocent.

It happened to me! A person with little money and no police record. Except for those two speeding tickets which I deserved...a long time ago. I was cashing in a CD at one bank and doing a re-fi at another bank. The CD had been parked well over 5 years and I had been doing business with my bank, where I re-fi-ed, for 20 years. The government still tagged me and I had to show proof of how long I had held the CD and proof that the re-fi bank deposited it. My money never crossed my palm. It went straight from one bank to another to be used in the re-fi. I still had to appear at the CD bank and get my "permission slip". Think it can't happen to you? Think again. I never gave it much thought until it really did happen to me.

It's interesting that the people "voted" NOT to have cuts in union pensions etc., and now what are they faced with? It's a very hard decision to face I'm sure when they've worked 20+ years and paying all those union dues etc., only to find that their ladder is leaning up against the wrong wall :-( That's a significant picture for us here? They've robbed ss etc., stolen from Medicare and slashed other needy programs already. Oops...rant over!

My son figures he won't see a dime of SS. That is so sad after all he has poured into it. Plus they upped retirement a year for his age bracket. Three more years and I can get half of D-ex's. I may not wait that long though. It's a tough decision to make.

This move, though very necessary, has been very expensive. Preps gone and no money to replace them yet and it has been nearly a year. No savings left. Now have a mortgage but no utilities except cell phone. Very limited mobility since no longer drive. At least the taxes are nearly nothing here. I don't know how we would manage if the banks shut down. Hopefully I could still write a check to pay the mortgage and hopefully the bus would still run. I don't have access to an atm except once a week when going to town and haven't had enough funds to have a cash reserve. Not much garden this year either and the orchard won't produce for at least a couple of yrs. Might have to start praying for manna. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.