MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sadie, Hank and muddy paw prints.

In the last few weeks DD1 moved home with her dog and lizard. Son finished high school and started working. DD2 is working for a vet and hanging out with friends. Dh is helping a friend move.
The girls and I painted the kitchen and I'm reorganizing.
Sadie doesn't like other dogs and Hank is big untrained puppy who wants to play with poor old Sadie so Sadie has been hiding out.
I have never had a dog over 25 pounds before and Hank is a Australian/ Lab mix.
I made dinner last night and left the kitchen to tell everyone dinner was ready and by the time Son got into the kitchen Hank had eaten all the hamburger out of the skillet on the stove leaving a muddy paw print on my stove. Lucky for him I had shut off the stove.

The girls went camping with a friend and took Hank with them. Hank and the kids have taken over the sofa and I have been sitting in the computer chair because my hip makes it hard to get up off the sofa.
I realized this afternoon as Sadie the dog and I were on the sofa cuddled up and Hank free that we haven't watched TV in a while. No disaster movies. Sadie was unhappy to find out that shark week is starting and we don't like shark movies so we are watching Alaskan Bush People. Interesting family. Maybe I'll go work on kitchen organizing again.

I hope everyone is having a great July 4th.

:hi: gofish. Hope you enjoy your quiet time. Give Sadie a hug for me, she sounds like she needs the quiet time as much as you. :hug3:

One of our dogs devoured a ham off the kitchen table. We had brought the groceries in and I was putting them up, I planned on separating the ham into serving sizes, but got called out of the kitchen for a moment. When I returned, the ham was gone, wrapper and all. :shakinghead:

Long ago, just post-college, I had 3 roommates. All poor. All sharing housing expenses. One evening D had splurged on a STEAK! She drooled while cooking it. Placed it on the table and went to do something momentarily. Returned to find MY new pup standing on the table chewing HER steak.

She still reminds me that she washed that steak off, reheated it and ATE IT! :feedme:

MtRider ...and she's still a dear friend, fortunately. :laughkick: