MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Are You Grateful for Today?

Grateful for the hospital bed....electric sitting-up position for days like today. For laptop....friends here at MrsS to keep me company. Very wiped out of energy today. Might be better later. Slept well tho.

MtRider :wave:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day while out shopping I saw some insect bite relief stuff and thought hummmm, I don't have any of that. Today while sitting in the chair on the laptop I felt something on my arm and brushed at it. Darn thing bit me. Or maybe stung me. It hurt. It got my arm and then my hand. I didn't get a good look at it except it was black and looked about the size of a big carpenter ant except it flew away. Now every time I feel the breeze of the fan etc. I keep thinking it's baaaaack. I know it's in here somewhere. I'm kind of thinking it was a bite because there is no puncture wound. But maybe I knocked it off in time. Anyway...I'm grateful I had that bite stuff because it seemed to help. It swelled up like a mosquito bite and hurt and now it's totally gone. :shrug:

The stuff is Sting Eze Max 2. I found in Walmart's sporting goods section. It has Benzocaine, Phenol and Camphor. Hardly any smell after it dries on the skin. I don't like the applicator though. It's a rub on like the old Absorbine Jr. daubers with the rub on fabric top. Not too sanitary for multiple users. Wish it came in a spray.

Grateful we can take a vacation before our long project in Africa. We'll trailer our motorcycles to Colorado and then stay at a state park. Day trips seem about all we can handle at our age. I haven't been to the Rockies since high school and that's a LONG time ago. I always enjoy getting lost in God's creation. We may forget to go back home. :hapydancsmil:

The other day while out shopping I saw some insect bite relief stuff and thought hummmm, I don't have any of that. Today while sitting in the chair on the laptop I felt something on my arm and brushed at it. Darn thing bit me. Or maybe stung me. It hurt. It got my arm and then my hand. I didn't get a good look at it except it was black and looked about the size of a big carpenter ant except it flew away. Now every time I feel the breeze of the fan etc. I keep thinking it's baaaaack. I know it's in here somewhere. I'm kind of thinking it was a bite because there is no puncture wound. But maybe I knocked it off in time. Anyway...I'm grateful I had that bite stuff because it seemed to help. It swelled up like a mosquito bite and hurt and now it's totally gone. :shrug:

The stuff is Sting Eze Max 2. I found in Walmart's sporting goods section. It has Benzocaine, Phenol and Camphor. Hardly any smell after it dries on the skin. I don't like the applicator though. It's a rub on like the old Absorbine Jr. daubers with the rub on fabric top. Not too sanitary for multiple users. Wish it came in a spray.

I'm copying the name of it off and I'll look at WM. One thing that has been working EXCELLENT for me is Right Guard spray deodorant! WOW...don't know what's in it, but it stops the allergic reaction (in me anyway) and the itching too. When it itches a bit, I douse it again. Welp is gone in a day or less...instead of hanging around for 10 days or more. Thanks for the post!

Grateful we can take a vacation before our long project in Africa. We'll trailer our motorcycles to Colorado and then stay at a state park. Day trips seem about all we can handle at our age. I haven't been to the Rockies since high school and that's a LONG time ago. I always enjoy getting lost in God's creation. We may forget to go back home. :hapydancsmil:

Sounds like a wonderful trip for both of you! We absolutely love our day trips on our motorcycle. Right now it's buried behind dozens of 5 gallon buckets of sawdust, but we'll be unearthing it soon. MrWE2 doesn't have any clients that need carpentry work after today, so I'm sure we'll find a day to ride. Have fun and be sure to let us know all the wonderful stories!

GOODMORNINGFRIENDS1.gif

Wow! Where do I start, I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, I am thankful for my family, friends and that I am still here on earth. I am thankful for being able to get around as well as I am able to. Remember it was just two years ago that I spent about 3 months on Muscle Relaxers and Pain Pills due to Lymes Disease. I think it is still affecting me in some ways, but, I am so much better.

I am thankful for my pace maker, for Doctors to put a new one in when I need it. I am thankful for our home, for food and power and so much more. If you read the post in Homemade Memories, you will understand the, (power) thing. :)

HUGS11-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY11gif.gif

Wow! Snowmom, you would be amazed how much I think of and :pray: for you.

I am thankfu/gratefull, the vein that ruptured in my upper bicep only itched. (Varicose veins are annoying.)

Bad headache thru the night again. >_< I'm grateful that by holding still in a SITTING [unusual, mostly I have to be standing with my headaches] position, it is held at bay. This too shall pass. [headache is bad enough that I just posted this under the wrong thread...aiiee!] :rolleyes:

I am grateful that we have Internet this morning. Something went out yesterday, fairly early.

I am verrrrrry grateful for a friend who steered me into some data that I desperately needed yesterday. :hug3:

We'll trailer our motorcycles to Colorado and then stay at a state park. Day trips seem about all we can handle at our age. I haven't been to the Rockies since high school and that's a LONG time ago.

Homesteader.....this year, be very cautious of Lightning, Flash Flooding, and Loose Rock/Boulders coming down. Everything is a bit destabilized due to all-time-record-breaking-rainfall for the past three months.

OTOH....it's a GORGEOUS year to see a greeeen Colorado. Additional benefit....almost zero fire danger. :cele: The state has been a little drier for the past week. Have fun!

MtRider :amen:

I'm so sorry for your loss Lovinit! I'm sure she is at the Rainbow Bridge sniffin' fuzzy butts and having a wonderful time just like a puppy. Don't worry...my Muffin will show her all around and where all the good treats and kept. :hug3:

I’m grateful I had my cousin/best friend in my life for so many years. We grew up together and had the same sense of humor. I really miss her. I’ve been dreaming about her a lot lately.

Last night I dreamed we were at a hotel pool swimming. That never happened and neither one of us were ever any good at swimming. We were swimming side by side and I looked over and she was smiling at me. I looked down and just her toes and fingers were going a mile a minute. You know in cartoons how a dog or cat will be up on their tip-toes and their toes are moving really really fast? That’s what she was doing under water. Fingers and toes propelling her through the water while my arms and legs were doing the best they could just to keep me afloat. She always did get the better of me.

I woke up laughing so hard. I can remember waking up laughing only two or three other times in my life. This was a good one and a great way to start my day. She still makes me laugh.

Grateful to finally feel well enough on a day I could visit my folks. Very tired now...tho all we did was eat and watch AK Bush People. Got caught up on their current shows. ;)

MtRider.....rained today and broke our "five day drought"!!! ;):lol:

Grateful for the 335 mile safe trip yesterday...never seen so many people on the road

on that journey as there were yesterday.

Thankful for the rest and sleep...went to bed at 8pm and awoke at 5:35am.

Grateful for the cool morning

grateful for far too many things to mention....

Grateful for the rain we got yesterday. It only lasted 10 minutes. Grateful it was not as bad as some areas, where it wiped out power lines and tore up buildings.

Today, I am grateful my neighbor gave me a Brother sewing machine with the manual. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Grateful for air conditioning that allows me to bake some goodies for dh. He is out working in dreadful heat, I'm grateful that his boss/friend gives him the easier jobs to do. It was so nice to find all the ingredients I needed already on hand to try a new recipe. Yay for prepping. Yay GOD!

Edited by lovinit

Grateful to get more done on a big clearing project. Grateful that the fox I shot at [yeah, Koa + goats for pointed him out!] did NOT get my duck. One was MIA when I initially took tonite's count. But she just got herself on the wrong side of fence...had to capture her SQUAWKING self and bring her in.

Mostly I was very grateful that the horrible lightning storm that went right over our heads did not harm us. Power went off X3 but came back on. Phones remain a bit crackly. Had to do chores well after dark ....after storm finally went on it's way. Pond flooded again. Worst lightning of the season....was sitting in the hallway away from windows with Koa! :behindsofa:

MtRider ...do not like lightning so close the thunder shakes the house. But all's well. :amen:

We had a fabulous lightning storm to watch last night as well, along with enough rain to fill our "moat" (the ditch along the road in front of our house). That means DH can't mow the lawn today. The good news is, that means he's going out to the range with a couple of friends and getting some much-needed downtime. I'm staying home to cook up a storm because while I know what I should be eating (low carb), I haven't been cooking enough to stick with it. So today will be a day for cooking the bounty I brought home from Sam's & Walmart yesterday so I have food that won't try to kill me. Woohoo!

Excellent TheCG.

I've been thinking about this thread, told myself 100 times to go post, and forgot to.... oops. :Blushing:

Grateful for a wonderful week. Challenges were over come and the pain is subsiding. Very grateful for that.

Very grateful to wake up without back pain. It was pretty severe last evening after all the moving around I was doing on a clearing project. After a good night's sleep, I'm ok. I was more careful with dust handling too....so other than increased ringing in ears, I'm ok on that tooooo! :happy0203:

MtRider ...Thank YOU, God! :amen: