MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Homesteader

A flood of bush fruits

I finally finished strawberry harvest (5 gallons) when I turned around and saw the raspberries ripe. After 5 gallons of frozen, I've switched to crushing the berries and making jam for Christmas gifts. :thumbs:

Sometimes a season of rain can be a lesson in watering plants in dry years. I'm almost sick of all the fruit I've had to pick. B)

I see the blackberries will be ready to pick when the raspberries are done. :0327:

I'm struggling with fruit envy! :) A bear got nearly all our gooseberries. Birds got most of our blueberries.

How many strawberry plants and raspberry plants do you have? I would love to have that many berries to put up!

Fruit envy here too. We used to have the nicest raspberries. My father-in-law started them for us when we lived in Indiana. They were purple and as big as your thumb. I wish I knew what kind they were. We had to leave them behind when we moved to Ohio. Son drove by the old place last year and said all of the berry bushes and canes were gone. They got rid of the strawberry patch and grassed over the huge garden my father-in-law tilled and removed the storage shed we left.They also took out a apple tree I planted and tore the fence down. I had started some grapes right before we moved. I suppose they are gone too. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess. But I would have dearly loved to have a start of those razzies.

Our blackberries were nice and about the size of my thumb...but not enough to preserve after the bunnies, birds and son's dogs took their share ... so I just gobbled them up myself when I saw them! LOL Nearly lost the respberries, but did manage to nibble up a few from some new starts that did come back. Be glad when we get to the Homestead where we can tend to our stuff :-)

Edited by The WE2's

Mmmmmmmm...... fruit.

Congratulations.

The only fruit we have in our yard is pomegranates, and this year we only have a few.

In the area, we have prickly pear fruit ripening....... :blink:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.