MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ROBIE

Long Beach CA, 2 days of no power!!

Anyone keeping an eye on what's happening in Long Beach CA?

they've been without power for 2 days and nights with no idea of when its coming back on!!!

Just 2 days and the city is back in the stone age!!

Is anyone's alarm bells going off about this?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-long-beach-power-outage-20150717-story.html

Robie

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the link Robie!

Headline:

Day 2 of outage leaves Long Beach residents scavenging for electricity, seeing spoiled food pile up

After 2 days????

I heard on the radio that one civilian volunteer had to carry a bucket of water up 17 flights of stairs so an elderly lady could flush her toilet!!

Time to get some preps in to high gear....

Robie

Well that's interesting. I'm in Northern CA and this is the first I've heard of it. Do they know what caused it?

Have not seen a thing by fox or cnn on fb posts. I did see about the North Fire, taking place by Interstate 15 Cajon Pass that raged up pushed by winds and burnt cars stuck on the freeway there this afternoon. I had heard nothing about Long Beach.

ok, I posted the LA Times article to FB. I read it, wow. They are so completely unprepared. Stunned. Nervous too.

I wonder if its related to the other terror related stuff since it coincided with the latest. ( I do understand this is one technique, to damage power grid sectors, by terrorists)

Wow ....is it quite hot there right now? Can they get down to the beach to cool off?

MtRider ....sounds like a complication from a "vault fire" on Wed.

I was wondering why they didn't just get a group together and walk down there , myself, Mt Rider. When I was very little, that is where we went to go boating on my dad's cabin cruiser he built in college workshop. If it is hot and humid and still here, it is always much easier to breathe if I walk down to our little creek park and hang out there for a couple hours during hottest part of day. No A/c here and sometimes the racket of fans just gets to driving me nuts after a while. I think the people are in shock and they don't think for themselves much anymore in that urban situation. Not good.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.