MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A terrible tragedy...

Guest Guest

I'm so sorry to tell all of you that our friend and Moderator ed has passed away.

After leaving my number on their answering machine a week ago, Peg's sister called me tonight to tell me and asked that I inform each of you, and to ask for prayer for the family.

On December 10, Peg came home and found ed in bed with a gun. He had been drinking, and has been increasingly depressed. In the process of trying to get the gun away from him, the gun went off and ed was killed.

Peg has been arrested and is now in the county jail awaiting a hearing on January 3. Apparently the investigators disagreed, and so Peg has been held, pending a thorough investigation.

Her dad is now in a nursing home, looked over by one of Peg's sisters. The other sister is taking care of the things Peg needs. Their precious dogs have been signed away to the Humane Society, their computer confiscated for evidence, and of course everything else is in a muddle, too.

Peg has asked for prayers for all of them.

If you want to send Peg a note of encouragement, here's her address:

Peggy A. Tolen

inmate #123343 EA cell 8

Bristol County House of Corrections

400 Faunce Corner Rd.

N. Dartmouth, MA 02747

May ed rest in peace...

------------------

cat.jpg

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited December 20, 2002).]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked in and am as shocked as the rest of you! I just penned a note to Peg and reminded her that MrsS is FAMILY! Time to stick together.

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Thank you Cat....there are no words to express the way I feel, this is truly a tragedy. I am praying for Peg and all.

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited December 20, 2002).]

Dear God Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

This can't be true.....Please tell me it's not true....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....O God Noooooooo!!!!

Not my Ed!!!!!!!!! Not Peg!!!!!! Please someone tell me is't not true!!!!!

So sorry to hear this terrible news. I am praying that God will clear Peg of all charges and help her to heal from all that has come her way.

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Oh please no.....Ed has been our friend for so many years! God help us as we grieve the loss of this dear friend!!

Of course, my prayersare with Ed's daughters (To lose 2 parents in thier short lives??), Peg and the entire family. Thanks Cat, for letting us know and posting Peg's address. I will send her a card.

------------------

eaglew.jpg

As member of MrsSurvival from long, long ago, I just wanted to stop in to express my shock, sadness and deep sympathy for Ed and Peg's family. What a way to go through Christmas. The girls must be suffering terribly. Poor Peg. Always a sweetie. How hard this must be for her. There are no adequate words than can express my grief. I'm so very, very sorry.

These dear folks will be in my prayers.

Thank you for letting me know.

All the best,

Bj, CountryLady.....\o/...

[This message has been edited by Bj (edited December 21, 2002).]

Someone just punched me in the stomach. I am SO sorry. I will write Peg a note. I will pray. And I will definately cry.

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

((((Ed)))) my heart is so sad - I didn't know you were so down. I pray you are sitting at the Throne of God right now.

((((Peg)))) I'm so sorry for what you're going through... and what you've been going through, apparently.

My love to all our friends here... Cat, thank you for passing this very difficult message onto us all. Deb, thanks for alerting me.

I'm going to spend a few minutes of quiet time now; in Ed's memory.

*Sigh*

------------------

shepherd.gif

Oh ED, I am so heart broken and and shock. What will our world be like with out our Big Brother here to hold us, hug us, tease us and just be our friend? Lord embrase Ed in your loving arms and assure him that we will carry him in our hearts for a lifetime.

My heart goes out to Peg, I've talked with her many times and I know if she says she struggled to get the gun from Ed and it went off then that is the truth.

Thank you Cat, for letting us know about this tragety... I am praying for Peg's release very soon and for the girls as well.. may the Lord embrase them all at this time and forever. Twi

NO NO NO NO Please NO! Not my 'brother' Ed! frown.gif He was always there for me when I was down. I can't believe this! My heart is breaking for Peg. Can't type as tears are getting in the way

------------------

frannie.gif

I posted a prayer thread at For His Glory for those who need to go there.

(((((Cat))))) If you get the chance, please thank Peg's sister on behalf of all of us for letting us know. The unfortunate thing about online relationships is that sometimes a person just disappears without a word.....as sad as it is we must grieve together the loss of a dear friend.

------------------

eaglew.jpg

I havn't posted in a long time, but this has

upset me too much not to express my regrets to Peg and Ed's daughters for the terrible tragedy that happened to this wonderful family....

Ed,

peace

mayjobie

[This message has been edited by Mayjobie (edited January 11, 2003).]