MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Are you out shopping for "Black Friday"?

Momo

As much as I love to save money I will not go out shopping during these big sales. I just don't like being in a big crowd of eager shoppers. My Granny thrived on these kind of sales, but I guess I didn't inherit her shoppping genes!

Are you going out or shopping online for the big bargains?

No way. I value my body more than to get in a crowd of people who would push me down and walk on me to get the latest/greatest thing out there. Nope, not gonna do it.

:wormie2:

John

Yes but not like you're thinking.. small town shopping means the "crowds" are not actually crowds.. and you know 3/4 of them anyway. So it's a fun time to go shopping, see people you know, chat with the store clerks, get a few deals.. but there's no pushing people down or shoving them aside for the deal or whatever.

Does going to Costco count? They actually have a really good deal on a laptop ds is getting for Christmas. Of course it's kind of in the boonies so I don't really anticipate any big crowds fighting over food....

This town has nothing special to buy in it and I prefer to stay in and finish some knitting and work on other knitting today. FB posts already include mad shopper videos. It is absolutely insane in the walmarts today. NO thanks. Worse than a noisy heavy metal concert to me!

Has anyone priced things they want BEFORE black Friday?

I see markups that are giving shoppers regular price, on Amazon anyway. So far I have bought nothing but I priced led lights..weeks ago and they are higher now..

That is just one thing.

I agree with Twilight, you'll probably find better deals in another few days or so :-) As for the crowds...what a wonderful way to catch the flu! We've not left the house since we tucked in Wednesday afternoon. Besides, it's been raining and who wants to wander around the rain?

Not me. I always avoid all the stores until the Monday after Thanksgiving. There is nothing I need that bad.

Two years ago my son and I went out on Black Friday just to see what it was all about. We were bored. We weren't Christmas shopping, just observing. It was crazy. People everywhere trying to shove carts through crammed aisles, people and other carts. I had picked up a couple of things like a door mat and light bulbs etc. We went to check out and all of the registers were open and lines were crazy long. I set the stuff down and we left. Before we left we noticed a fire truck had pulled up. It was probably just a precaution but son and I looked at each other and thought "FIRE". Oh my. I don't even want to think about all of those people in there if a fire broke out. We were glad to have the experience and to know what it's all about but never again. Kind of a bucket list check off.

MIL had a 1/2 foot stack of catalogs waiting for me to browse and the news paper was packed with fliers. I read every single one! That was my Black Friday shopping. Lol. My Unnecessary Products list is full.

TV showed video of fighting and arrests at WM. Yikes I am glad we didn't go anywhere.

I was horrified by the video of the lady grabbing a box out of the hands of a little girl that looked to be maybe 6 or 7 years old. And then the moms got into it. My first thought was why would you bring your little one into such a dangerous situation?

I was horrified by the video of the lady grabbing a box out of the hands of a little girl that looked to be maybe 6 or 7 years old. And then the moms got into it. My first thought was why would you bring your little one into such a dangerous situation?

Snopes think that one was staged. :shrug:

http://www.snopes.com/black-friday-lady-steals-kid/

I went for little bit last night - most of the shoppers must have been done early in the day...by 7:00pm the mall wasn't too busy. Stopped at Wal-Mart after a late dinner with my DH and it wasn't busy at all. We were able to get a few deals and no crowds.

We avoided ALL shopping this weekend, except for my Melaleuca order which is an automatic order each month online. That is the thing about being prepared...we never "need" anything, and Christmas presents will most likely be prep items for the family! LOL!!! :happy0203:

We avoided ALL shopping this weekend, except for my Melaleuca order which is an automatic order each month online. That is the thing about being prepared...we never "need" anything, and Christmas presents will most likely be prep items for the family! LOL!!! :happy0203:

Sounds like we walk similar pathways! Our gifts are items people would need to keep warm, have lights or ???

Stepped out to WM today to pick up some LED flashlights for men's gifts (they had them on sale for $1 each) and as we pulled into the parking lot I told MrWE2 ... "Isn't it wonderful that we can shop during the week, during the day and shop for things we want and not need?" His grin was worth a milion!