MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

ANOTHER FOOT of snow? That is NOT what they predicted. So of course today we spent all energy and strength to clear enough to be able to get to all animal groups. And get snow cleared where it's too much weight or will damage things when it melts. It nearly collapsed the 'donkey palace'. <_< I'm just now lying in my hospital bed [ahhhhh!] with a heating pad!

I think even my HAIR hurts. :blink:

Snow started out light and fluffy. But it kept coming down and coming down and coming down! WAY over their estimate! AGAIN! Then it stopped snowing and the sun came out.

That makes the light fluffy snow turn STICKY and HEAVY!!!! And VERY SLIPPERY! Honestly makes our driveway very dangerous but my snowplow guy did fine. Cleaned up as much as he can. We just have to do the shovel work. HOURS!

MtRider ....is winter done yet? :sigh: In an hour, I have to get up, dress again, and go feed. :pray:

Still no kitchen :-( MrWE2 is still up to his neck in work at the hotel and tomorrow's a committment for him to do the library class on "I'll Survive" for the kids so that's a wash. He'll go to work and work straight through until time to go to library. I've very gently made myself known with "this weekend the kitchen work will get done, won't it?" He assures me it will :-) Washed enough dishes bent over the bathtub, drying them and then carrying them to the kitchen to put away :-( Didn't even curl my hair today. Just let it look like "you know what" and since my hair is totally, naturally straight it looks like "you know what".

Glad you're seeing some improvement, Jeepers. DH's back has been giving him trouble for the past month or more. He also has no idea what flared it up. Shoveling isn't helping tho!

Today was Rest & Recovery for me. Woke feeling like that cold germ was visiting again. But might just be fatigue. OTOH...all the heavy labor yesterday DID pay off. Anywhere I cleared snow...melted very well in today's sunshine. :) My muscles may hurt but it's always better than a broken bone from slipping on icy pathways. :imoksmiley:

MtRider :offtobed:

My lower back has been acting up for three days now. It just won't settle down yet. You have my sympathies folks. I have not had back issues for a long time but this one is worse than tylenol can help. Didn't do anything at all to get it like this either that I can figure out. Waiting it out.

Tried stretching it out but that has not done anything helpful either. So, moving slower than usual. ;)

Hope you all feel better soon and me too!

Lots of snow - they say a "blizzard" warning, but :shrug: We have maybe 6 inches where I am, with more possible. Thank goodness we aren't having the horrible winds they said would come. Some, but not horrible. *YET*

So this morning I was out of milk, low on eggs, and needed bread I can make French Toast with. (I prefer using the smoother, non-multi-grain stuff for it.) I took off early and went shopping just before the misty rain started. It turned into light snow.

But knowing they were calling for a "blizzard", and knowing our son often doesn't take things seriously, I decided to take him some supplies, too. His refrigerator has been broken for months, but he doesn't cook and doesn't care that much about it. But if a blizzard hits, the very nearby grocery store might be closed, and his favorite restaurants, too. And maybe he couldn't get to our house if he needed to. :sigh:

I got him some microwaveable soups he likes, snack crackers, and Snapple drinks. I brought in his mail. And I left it all in his house without telling him while he was at work.

After he got home, I asked if he had stopped by the store on the way home to get stuff. No, he had just stopped by Arby's to get a salad. Didn't feel like going to the grocery store. (This from the kid who HATES to shovel out his drive so he can get out of his garage! :buttercup: So get stuff on the way HOME!)

When he found the stuff I left, he was VERY happy and appreciative. :whistling: Silly Momma...

At least I know he won't starve in the cold. ;)

:hi:

Back home again from visiting MIL. She's doing good, always lonely.

Went kayaking and fishing. Flipped my kayak, lost one fishing pole and my walkie talkie and somehow put a goose egg bump on the top of my head. Sheesh. Learned how to flip it over and get back in while in the middle of the lake. :imoksmiley:

The weather turned cooler and extremely windy for 2 days. Weather reports say we are heading back into the mid to high 80's again.

Went to get a couple of supplies and ended up getting 6 baby Rhode Island Red hens. I'll keep 2 and will be helping DH's friend make a coop for the other 4. He wanted to get 4 anyway. We've been talking about it for a year, now he has no choice. :grinning-smiley-044:

Chicks.jpg

Good morning! We have been fighting with our printer and my laptop since we got the new Dish internet. For some reason, we can't print with the new set up. Our traveling computer guy will come out soon ( I hope) to help us.

Not much else going on. Our hens are laying again. Yay! Dogs are good! I am working at the store today.

I hope all of you have a great day!!!

Jeepers! I hope your back is better by now and that you are up and moving a little but not too much!

And Ann, I'm glad you are home and getting chickens too!

Edited by snapshotmiki

Pretty much still hunkered down, no kitchen counter etc...yet :-) Went yesterday afternoon for MrWE2 to do a class for youngsters on BOB's etc. Only 4 boys were there at first, then 2 girls came later. The weather in that particular small town was very cold, windy and humid. We're thinking most of the parents are like so many...not really interested in learning to prepare for themselves and their family :-( But, as I told MrWE2 "if you've saved six lives during a bad situation you've done more than a lot of people". The pictures didn't come out too well, the lighting in the conference room was overheads and just didn't shed much. Before we left the librarian asked us if we'd be interested in doing an adult class. We said yes, but we'll probably want them to "register" so we'll know how many we'll have.

post-9087-0-55618000-1456510845_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-93812600-1456510846_thumb.jpg

I picked up an intestinal "bug" Thursday somewhere and woke up Saturday with Montezuma's revenge for 2 days :-( At soda crackers and drank 7-up for 2 days but was able to start eating some food yesterday, and today pretty much back to normal but accompanying lunch and supper with 7-up. Even managed to get out some yesterday and tonday when MrWE had to run parts for our kitchen counter project. Kept him company outside while he was cutting wood etc., to reinforce under the new counter so the new sink will set properly in the new counter and not give anybody any problems 20 years from now. MrWE2's still working on the hotel (at least for another couple of weeks?) so all of our projects are having to be done in the evenings or on the weekends :-( I kiddingly told him "you're preparing to work on the Homestead house". He didn't find that too humorous though...he's not real fond of doing work on 1900 or earlier homes that weren't built with a craftsman's touch. Oh well, we've had many tell us he's a true craftsman :-)

Still not feeling the best, but took a ranitidine tab a bit ago hoping that will settle things down. We worked until after dark last night, getting the new countertop "beefed up" so that when we put it in, it won't sag etc. Tonight, hopefully, we'll drag it in and at least get it on the cabinetry. It sure looks nice under the new sink area though. Put a new floor and toe plate in, painted it with water resistent paint and then we had some nice floor tiles stored at the Homestead, so we put them down. Bought some cheapy totes at Big Lots and I'll put my "kitchen gear" in them and put them under the sink. They'll be handy and won't tip over...and if they do, they'll tip over into the plastic tote. Got the new "burp" valve installed and the old metal pipe (that went up from the corner of the old counter, through the roof) mostly cut off and we'll put a cap on the roof part to keep out rain. Should make the kitchen sink drain a lot quicker. It was a bear cutting that old pipe out. The Sawzal used 2 blades! I'm gonna be a happy wifey because not only do I have a new stainless steel sink but a new single lever faucet and a sprayer! Haven't ever had either :-) We're trying to avoid doing too much to this house until we're ready to move into the Homestead house. Then we want to get this one ready to rent. We're not crazy about being landlords again, but with the way things are financially we'll be able to use the rents off this place and the Roost. They're both paid off so other than taxes & insurance (maintenance fund too) we'll have a few extra dollars of income.

Hope you feel better ......and get your kitchen back soon. It's nice you'll be able to use the new features for a while before it goes to renters. :pray: that you will get GOOD renters!!

I'm still running at low energy and insufficient sleep. Shoot! I keep getting a bad sinus headache about the time I'm wanting to go to bed. CanNOT lay down if I have one of my headaches. That would explode my head. So thankful for the bed that sits me upright during these times. But have to wait for headache to pass in order to sleep.

....not getting much done either..

MtRider :imoksmiley:

Doc put me on amytriptaline to sleep/ 50mg. I immediately went to half a pill and it works great. Not seeing any side effects yet but will try to be aware. She tried to put me on 50mg. hydroxyzine or atarax and it gave me horrible nightmares!

Today, I am doing books, paying bills, cooking dinner and hope to watch a movie. Pretty much a day off for me!

A little more sleep. And I'm taking the immune boost and real Vit C ....something is trying to GET me again. :yar:

Not having any luck with energy. Got things I want to get done!!!! :wacko:

MtRider ....a little snow blew sideways for a while last nite but....it must have kept blowing into Kansas. None on the ground here. :)

Spent yesterday literally "on the pot" :-( Took some anti-diareah (?) stuff and check on my aquarium supplies. Finally got settled down about midnight and felt comfy enough to confidently crawl in bed :24: Today was a good day. Had oatmeal for breakfast with honey & cinnamon, chicken soup for lunch and pulled turkey with steamed potatoe and steamed veggies for supper. So far so good :-) I'll keep my aquarium treated for six more days. No more salads from any place outside of our home! I really think that's what bit me. MrWE2's still working on putting the new sink in, wants to get it "perfect". Anyway, I'm taking pics and I'll share later. Took a 30 minute nap this afternoon which is something I seldom do but it's probably because this body needed some relaxation and rejuvination. The weather is still very chilly and windy. PS...with the weather chilly and me needing to stay close to pot...can't take Abby-girl for any walks. Wouldn't be a bit fun...okay...Jeeps...get your visuals! :24:

Edited by The WE2's

At WE2 -------> :icon19:

Snapshotmiki, insomnia is awful. I get it too. Dr. gave me Ambien but I don't take it every night. It isn't an accumulate drug so it I don't have to keep taking it for it to work. I average about eight of them a month. I got bad dreams on it for 1 night. Guess I'm lucky I didn't stop taking it after that. I have no idea why it only happened once. I tried Tramadol Trazodone but it didn't work for me. Melatonin doesn't work for me either. OTC pm meds always give me restless leg syndrome. That's worse than not sleeping. I'm thinking I have a high tolerance to drugs.

Edited: I got my "Tra's" mixed up.

Edited by Jeepers

I'm hearing a lot of people upset because of restaurant food. DH ate out while I was gone and said he got slammed with food poisoning. MIL and I go out, I can almost guarantee by the time we get back home, I am not well. In my case, I think it's the water.... :buttercup: IDK

We are breaking and tying heat records already, high 80's & 90's :knary: And they are predicting we will drop to the 60's this weekend?!?!!

We went kayaking Monday. Didn't catch any fish, but I did loose my bait a couple of times.

Yaking1.png

Hope everyone has a good day.

Today I am doing NOTHING!

I am wore out from my birthday over the weekend and also yesterday we were poll workers. It is a very long day as you have to be there at 6:30 am to set up for opening at 7:00 am. You have to stay there until polls close at 7:00 pm. Then there is at least an hour of paperwork to finish up. Finally you go to the courthouse to turn in all your results etc. We got back home at 10:00 pm. It is a long day for us "mature folks". It is not hard to do, and kind of fun at times but that long of a day is tough!

At WE2 -------> :icon19:

Snapshotmiki, insomnia is awful. I get it too. Dr. gave me Ambien but I don't take it every night. It isn't an accumulate drug so it I don't have to keep taking it for it to work. I average about eight of them a month. I got bad dreams on it for 1 night. Guess I'm lucky I didn't stop taking it after that. I have no idea why it only happened once. I tried Tramadol Trazodone but it didn't work for me. Melatonin doesn't work for me either. OTC pm meds always give me restless leg syndrome. That's worse than not sleeping. I'm thinking I have a high tolerance to drugs.

Edited: I got my "Tra's" mixed up.

Hi Jeepers! Ambien was too expensive for me with no insurance! I don't think I want to roll the dice on how anything else may affect me. LOL

I made a chicken and stuffing casserole today so we will have something for diner while I am working the next couple of days. And some fake seafood salad for lunches. Just listing on ebay today. Another nice day here in MS! 71 for a high. Sorry your weather is already so hot, Annarchy!

Happy Belated Birthday, Momo!!! Get some rest!!!

I hope you all have a restful day!

Nothing got done yeserday...he came home with the "crud" yesterday (I guess the same thing I had so it wasn't bad food) so nothing got done at the hotel or here. Since we kenw pretty much what to expect we jumped right on it and he woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Our friend at one of the libraries called and said she had some free eggs for us and since we needed to return some books we headed towards the Roost's area. When we got there she was teaching some ladies how to crochet...and it just happened that I had a pair of wrist warmers that I wanted to give her (in appreciation for the eggs) so she was really tickled and they fit perfectly :-) After leaving there we took Abby-girl to the park and played frisbee until she kept it in her mouth and started trotting off towards the truck! LOL Then stopped at a favorite Mexican restaurant and had a wonderful meal. Then MrWE2 wanted to build himself a platform (covered with carpet sample) for him to lay on when he's working under sinks, so we made a stop at Menards. Since he'll have to do the same sink work at the Roost and also at the Homestead, he might as well be as comfy as possible and not trying to rest his shoulders and neck on the toe board of the cabinetry :-( I'm keeping the old countertop and sink and we'll take it to the Homestead and I'm wanting him to build me a "rack" for it sit on outside. It will make a great wash/rinse area for our garden produce. Then at the end of the season I'll just cover it with a tarp or ??? We have a covered patio there and I may just have him put it there, leaving me room for a gas/propane cookstove. "Someday" I'll have a summer kitchen :-) Monday I'll be off the antibiotics. I'm also taking a probiotic tablet every day to counter the effects of antibiotics. Tonight we're planning to go dancing a bit. One of our favorite things to do is dance and visit with our friends there. It was a very sad day in our city last Thursday evening. One of the oldest churches in our city (built in 1888) burned to the ground. The only thing left standing was the old gothic-style stone it was built with. Even some of it caved in. They had to demolish it. The city had a prayer vigil last night to let the congregation know everyone shared their grief. They have (had) the home church downtown but several years ago built their "celebration center" for those who preferred a more contemporary type service. Lots of our friends go there. Anyway...it was a historical tragedy.

Prayer with another warrior really put the skiddadles to the crud! MrWE2 woke up Saturday morning feeling pretty much like his sweet self :-) Went out and took care of some things but didn't do much work-type stuff though. Then today...he finished my sink! So tomorrow I'll be busy cleaning, de-cluttering and putting things away. Did get our grocery shopping done this morning though and then took Abby-girl to the Homestead for a good game of frisbee with her humandaddy! I'm feeling pretty much myself again also. I think it hit me a bit harder because I didn't know what it was or how to treat it :-( It's been soooo long since I had any of this kind of stuff. But...we both had quit applying the thieves-oil :-( Perhaps we shouldn't have? Guess we'll rub-a-dub-dub again! LOL