MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Mt. Rider, the four of you are just going through it right now!!!  Something has to give!  Wow!

I think that today I will go to courthouse and change DL's voter ID which just came and has him at our old address, stop at the local Dollar General and grocery store, come home and take eBay photos and list 5 items.  Then cook liver, bacon and onions (for me, dh won't touch it).  Already made mashed potatoes.  That should be enough but may do some house cleaning also if I get to it.

• Like 1

Oh, Ambergris, the repair man called yesterday and seemed to know that it might be the electric light switch. He told mom it’s common and he has a spare. We shall see when he gets here today. 

Momo, that story sounds frightening to me. My mind would have been racing through all the “what if’s” the could happen. I suppose, hindsight makes it humorous. I am very glad your DH was able to help. I told my DH, when I need a mobile chair, I want one with ATV wheels and power, lol. Yeah, like that’s ever gonna happen.

Yesterday, I picked up one Lady & we switched drivers at the next house, to go to the meeting at the Community College Culinary Arts department. They served us a Mediterranean meal and we presented the scholarship and a plaque to the young lady who received it. She was almost in tears.

The Lady that drove, took side streets to get to the other side of town. She took scenic drive and went through the historical part of town. I spent the whole time gazing out the window listening to the other ladies talk. It was nice to watch the view instead of dealing with traffic. 

Today, I am getting ready to get to it. I have to set up mom’s sprinkler system. I need to measure the hoses to make sure I have enough length and then go to the store to get male/female hose ends. If you hear me scream, it’ll mean I watered myself. I’ve had a little problem adjusting the spray radius with the ones at home. The adventure begins.....

Mt_Rider, I hope your parents get well soon and things get back to ‘normal’. :pray:

Jeepers, the hoopla they are pulling on you sounds horrible. I don’t think I would have the patience you have. :gaah:

How’s your DH today, Miki?  I hope he’s better. 

Keeping you all in my prayers. 

Hoping everyone is having a blessed day. 

• Like 1

DD's dentist appoinment went well.  They were fine with DD sitting on my lap in THE CHAIR (cue scary music...I'm not passing my fears onto her, but I can share that here.  I do not do well in THE CHAIR.).  The hygentist was super nice, showed DD every tool and explained what it did.  This was just a cleaning and there were no problems.   I was a bit concerned they'd give us a hard time because everything I've read and the pediatrician says you are supposed to take kids to the dentist as soon as the 1st tooth comes through (My thoughts: really??  While she was teething, there's no way she was going to let strangers poke around in her mouth.  And they expect babies to cooperate??  See, the dentists must like crying!)    Anyway, this dentist said unless we saw problems with her teeth,  age 4 is just fine.   DD did  very well.  As soon as they were done, and I set her on the floor, she took off for the door. 

Me: Stop, where are you going?

DD: The waiting room.

Me: Why?

DD: I'm leaving.  That's the way out of here. 

:lol:

Praying for you all.  DD climbed up on me and is trying to type, so that's the end of my post.  I do read everyone's posts, and pray for you all, I just can't always post.  :grouphug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Out of the ordinary, I'm chuckling over the wisdom of your 4 year old..LOL

Miki it is frustrating trying to determine where the main problem is with DH.  I know what you are going through..is it heart or lung or perhaps something else?

I can only imagine all the paraphenalia with two oxygen tanks going MtnRider.  One is bad enough.  I tease DH all the time and play like I am pinching his air. He keeps his main unit in the basement and runs the hoses up the stairs.  It works good for him.

Annarchy  my DH would go crazy if his heart rate went to 180.  He starts getting concerned when it stays above 140 for a few minutes. That sounds so high.

Ambergris to help make your mental image even better,  you can imagine me with my back to DH who is driving his big old 1950 Ford 8N tractor and pulling me out with a big tow rope wrapped around my mobility (immobility in this case) chair. I always have preferred to laugh rather than cry..but I admit it was a bit frustrating.  We are both having to adjust to health changes.

Have a great weekend all!

• Haha 1

Wow Mt. Rider, you sure have had your hands full lately.  :hug3:

Gas and electricity scare the stuffins out of me. Especially gas. At least with electricity you can flip the circuit breaker off. But then you have to flip it back on. :runcirclsmiley2:

Social Security didn't call today. I felt ignored, neglected and abused. :008Laughing:

I suppose I'll clear out the garage around the tractor this weekend and try to get it started. It's just a dead battery but there's that electricity part going through the cables that terrifies me. I don't want to touch the sides of the metal tractor with those clippy things. And I really don't want to see any sparks fly and drop them. I did find the charger and got it juiced up. Sigh. I don't want to do this.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Annarchy said:

How’s your DH today, Miki?  I hope he’s better.

He's the same.  Just waiting for the pulmonologist to call early next week!

I wish you the best with your sprinkler endeavor, Annarchy!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, Daylily said:

We never saw a tick while we had them and I wish we could have them now. We just can't afford to grow owl and coyote food.

Daylily, we are afraid that is what they would become here - coyote food.  Coyotes are so bad around here (like the water moccasins) that when we hear people cranking off rounds willy-nilly we know a 'yote is in the area. Its open season on they year around.  No license needed.  The timber company land near us (across the road on our West side) has an agreement with a hunting club for sole hunting rights.  They are out monthly having coyote hunts to keep the numbers down.  Most folks around here have the 'bug house' exterminator man come by and spray for ticks every spring.  Hmmmm.  Not sure I want all those chemicals, either.  But the thought of spraying for snakes does interest me some.  M won't go down by the creek mini-wilderness, now that the snakes are waking up, and the poor dog is banned from that area too.  We don't want him getting bit by a water moccasin without our knowing (and I don't know enough about water moccasins to know if they like creeks as much as the lake waterfront areas).

MtRider, dontchya know that the next stage after "old" is not "ancient"....its "venerable" (just for being vertically oriented)!

Our garden is doing very well, the thing we are having trouble with is having enough non-raining days in a row to get a load of dirt put in atop our red clay yard, so we can put in our lawn and landscape plantings.  I told M the other night that we should call ourselves "pot farmers" because we have so many things growing in pots, awaiting their permanent placement.  Our newly planted fruit trees, grape vines, asparagus and blue berries all are showing new growth, which is thrilling to us both.  I checked with the company we ordered raspberries from to see when they would arrive.  The customer service lady said "when the snow gets melted enough to dig them out".  Yikes, I forgot they are in Illinois, where they just got 8 inches of snow the other night.  I assured her I was not angry about the delay, just wondering.  We talked horticulture a while, and she said she was jealous of our rain versus snow winters.  I told her we would be jealous of her during the summer when the temps got over 100 degrees routinely.  It all evens out, after all.

While we were out felling a sweet gum tree this afternoon (thinning out our too shady yard, plus the balls they drop are spiky and hurt the dogs' feet) it got hung up in nearby trees.  The durned tree was at least 100 ft. tall!  Well, as we stood (well back) pondering our next move, we kept hearing creaks and cracks.  Finally, when we decided to tackle it tomorrow, when we were fresh in body and mind, we heard a tremendous creaking, then crashing, then a LOUD thud as it hit the ground.  Mother Nature took care of it for us!  I think we will have plenty of firewood, as well as plenty more logs to continue my water flow breaking wall that I started to try to cut down on the erosion of the 'ravine' behind our house.

Not knowing anything about engineering, I'm flying by the seat of my pants on erosion control efforts.  Anybody know an engineer I can ask? 

• Like 2

I remember doing that as a kid, Kappydell. Dad would get so upset when the tree wouldn’t fall right. I’m jealous about your asparagus. BTW, full grown asparagus roots average 10 FEET in depth and diameter. I have seeds I want to sprout, but need the area for them to grow properly. MIL’s asparagus is ferning with seeds again this year. Tomorrow I hope to get the grass & weeds out of them. 

Awwww Miki, hopefully he will be ok.

Momo, DH’s longest episode was on a weekend, it lasted 2 days. The doctor taught me a maneuver, rubbing his neck vein, that works to slow the heart down, just don’t do it on both sides or the heart will stop completely. It’s called the vegal maneuver (spelling?).  

Jeepers, always connect the hot/red wire first. The neutral/black/negative can connect to any grounded metal. So says DH. Also, the gas goes bad after a time and check your spark plug(s). If there’s any black on the ends, an emery board will work to scrape the black carbon off. Most of the time that works.  

The sprinkler saga continues...  I started by looking online for the instructions. Watched the videos and replaced the nozzles. Then went out with the hoses and connected 2, took a break when DH called, and realized I was going backwards. Luckily I was able to reverse my plan and continued.  After re-watching the videos and re-reading the instructions I managed to get half of her yard done by the time the repair man got here for mom’s stove.

As it turned out, mom’s maid had turned on the oven timer. It wouldn’t start because of it. He showed us how to turn the timer off and it works fine now. He only charged her the service call, since he didn’t need to do any repairs. 

However, he was very interested in the sprinkler system. Lol

I finished installing all the sprinkler heads, turned it on and realized I need two more. Her yard is 50 foot squared. 4 sprinklers miss the center. Thank goodness there is a store, just down the street, that sells them. God willing, I will be able to get the last two tomorrow, instead of waiting until next month to finish. I honestly worry about her trying to lug the hose and sprinkler all around the yard. It is on a rather steep hill and at 87 years old her balance isn’t what it used to be 

We went to dinner and she insisted on getting the T-bone steaks. Oh my goodness!  They were over 2 inches thick!!!  I managed to eat 1/4 of mine and brought the rest home, I will make French dip sandwiches tomorrow for our dinner, and be able to freeze the rest for her. 

We ended the day watching Live PD. I had to laugh, our county officer was with a guy with a sign at an intersection, the sign said, “JUST SMILE”. The officer was holding the sign, talking to the person and waving at traffic. Yup, you guessed it, made me smile too, as people drove past honking, smiling and waving. 

Time to get some sleep. ?

Well, called my mom tonite and I got the report.  SOMEone needs to pay attention to where he is in relationship to their tubing...but no major mishaps.  :lol:  They're taking turns being in each room.  AND...after dealing with dueling snakes all day, my dad finally did get those 2 portable concentraters ordered.  Should get them early next week.  Expensive but not as much as a broken hip would be.  They'll still use the big concentraters at nite.  My dad, who usually sleeps so still my mom checks him for breathing, managed to lose his nose piece in the night with tossing around.  Should be ok when he's settled from his hospital stay.  My mom keeps telling him that after a few days with full O2, he'll feel better and THINK more clearly  {which we'd been telling BOTH of them for the past years....)  :rolleyes:   Got a convert in her, for sure.

First time they can both get out and about....we're going to our favorite restaurant for LIVER AND ONIONS:feedme:    [Right, Miki?]

:amen:  We DID get moisture today....4" of snow. :cheer: I had to pop accumulation off the Circus Tent roof .....three times.     I completely bent the metal handle of the old broom I'd been using.  But found that rubber-tipped crutches work better at shoving the tarp roof upwards to dump off the snow/water.  IF we ever catch a break in the exhaustion....that "temporary" storage has to be emptied back into the garage.  {was only meant to use it for a few wks back in late fall....sheeesh!}  There is NO RODENT-FREE possibilities in sight for the garage anyway  :yar:  So it might as well go back where it was before the electrical issues in Oct.  The buckets of food must be kept cool and summer will be here before I know it.  :knary:  Also swept sticky-wet snow from our 15 steps and long porch....three times.  :0327:  AND....CAT PUKED ON MY BED - MANAGED TO FOUL 3  BLANKETS AND 2 SHEETS.  :gaah:  So I had two laundry loads to carry down/up the 15 SNOWY steps....part of why I was sweeping them multiple times.  Nice fresh bedding tonite.  And lovely MOISTURE.....as in:  less "crispy" :campfire: around here, temporarily.    :amen:  :sSig_thankyou:  :amen:

A little Ford 8N, Momo? :wub: I love those.  I put one of them in all my Post-Hooey stories.  My Grpa had one...truly wish I had it now but we lived in Hawaii when he died.  But that is a bit more practical for pulling out your power chair than a monster Deere!    :lol:

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Social Security didn't call today. I felt ignored, neglected and abused. :008Laughing:

:coffeescreen:  ......poor Jeepers. 

1 hour ago, kappydell said:

Not knowing anything about engineering, I'm flying by the seat of my pants on erosion control efforts.  Anybody know an engineer I can ask? 

Yes.  Usually the County Extension Agents should have data....and if you're doing good for the land, they might have programs to assist you.  .....or they could just get into your business.  :shrug: 

"Venerable" huh?  I'm seeing "Kung Fu" reruns in my head.  And water mocs????  :runcirclsmiley2:  Can't abide snakes - especially those rude enough to be aggressive and poisonous!  I'm in an odd little corner of CO that does not have rattlers.  Go figure.  :happy0203:   GLAD your tree came down without further risk to you and M!!!  :amen:

And Annarchy's MIL now has stove back.... and no electricians were harmed in the process.  ;)   At 87, yes I think her water hose lugging days should be over.   

MtRider  :offtobed:  Been a loong day with WAY less rest than I'd hoped for....

• Haha 1

I've been cleaning all morning and washing sheets and blankets.  The yard guy came and I am so thankful for him!  Does a great job without charging an arm and a leg!  Just put a chicken, broccoli, rice type casserole in the oven and taking a break.  More comforters to go.  Tomorrow I wash all three dogs and the couch cover after Church, then Church in the evening.

Have a safe and relaxing weekend ladies!  And a safe drive home, Annarchy!

Edited by snapshotmiki
spelling

Resting!  Barely functional.....oye!  So fatigued.  Slipped out to pop snow/slush/water off the Circus Tent tarp.  [dumb thing has a hundred holes in it...all along it's fold lines]

DH and Koa went off to drop a check off, pick up things at library, and have a walk...somethings put off for the past week.  Now resting. 

MtRider  ..... :amen:   .....having the day OFF. 

• Like 1

So tired I'm ill.  :(  Whiiiine. 

Gum doesn't burn.  It sits there and smoulders sullenly.  However, it rots very quickly, so you can use it for hugelkultur.

• Sad 2

Today we were feeling ambitious (at least M was).  We felled two trees - one 110 footer and one 78 footer.  The first was hollow inside, but it fell the 'right' way, not the way we expected, but missed everything it was supposed to miss, so....OK.  #2 was an oak, also hollow inside about 1/3 of the way up.  Couldn't tell by looking at it though.  Tomight we talked with our 'crafty' friend, who out of the blue asked "Those gum trees y'all are felling, are they SWEET gums?"..."Yes"..".Is the wood colored two different colors inside?"..."yes"..."Can y'all cut me some slabs from part of the trunk?  They sell, bark on, for around $80 for one two feet long."  :faint3:

Sure, we'll try to cut her some slabs.  As well as some of the rounds from the hollow part, because I saw them for sale on the internet as mirror frames, selling for $180 (small mirror) to $350 (for a mirror about 8 inches in diameter), with the bark still on and everything.  Sheesh.  What people will pay for.  Hopefully they we pay US for a couple, so we can get reimbursement for the chains we are going through on the chain saw!  Cant hurt to try, right?  (I was just going to put the hollow parts in the yard with sand inside for rustic ash trays!  Rather have the dollars, M field strips her butts anyway.

This was good exercise, we are both stiff, but not as bad as we would have been a week ago, so we must be getting conditioned to the physical part.  We work a lot slower than we used to, but faster than some 20-somethings work at all (LOL).

We have just two more trees on our 'fell these this year' list (unless folks are willing to pay for sweetgum lumber...then we will take a couple more gum trees down further away from the house.  Gotta sell some though to be worth all the work.

The new pups are getting braver....the min-pin was prancing around this morning, playing tag with them.  It was fun to watch, the min-pin does not play often, but he sure was making the puppies' day!  Jack the Aussie scares them though.  He is big, loud, and overwhelming to little fellas, so we try to keep them apart unless we're there to supervise.

He seems to like them, alerting when they are awake and want out of the kennel, so I can open the door.  He just does not know how to play with babies, and tries to play with them like he plays with the similarly sized cats, who can handle themselves when he gets overly rambunctious.  Oh well, its a learning curve all 'round.  

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 3

I know what that feels like Ambergris.  I hope you get a rest day.  Are you fully moved yet?

Today was pretty good....I did a little and rested a LOT.  {course..wasn't much choice by now....}  :whistling:  Even had a good nap....which would have been longer if the CAT would've shut up and left me alone!  Sheeesh.  DH also had a good relaxing day with a long nap.  Then made supper and ....chocolate coookies!  :yum3:  I just got done cleaning up kitchen and talking to my mom.  LOL...she said they got some rest/naps...and 2 loads of laundry.  They DID get their tubing tangled bad enough just once.  Had to take them off to untangle it.  But the portable units are coming soon.  They're surviving and adapting.  :)

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 1

Awesome Kappydell, making money from scratch. :happy0203:

Glad every one is resting, hoping you all feel better quickly. 

Health changes, scare me, Momo. My health has been up and down all year. I feel great in the mid morning, dragging by the evening and tough to get out of bed in the morning. Ugh!

Today, Idid an internet search to find the extra sprinklers. Lowe’s had them, 18 miles away, doable. I pulled weeds from mom’s asparagus bed first. By the time I was done, mom was finally up. I told her I was leaving and took off.  Entered Lowe’s through the garden center and searched, nada, nothing, even inside the store in the garden area. Frustrated, I went to customer service and asked, isle 18, in the middle of the store in the plumbing section. Got the sprinkler heads, Hunter PGJ, and the riser spacers, but they didn’t have the metal hose spike attachments. They told me to go back to the garden center. Nada..  even asked the associates .... nope. So..

I headed home, stopping at WM, I needed male/female hose splicing parts. Went in their garden center. Crowds of people loaded with garden supplies and long lines at their checkout lines. No biggie, I went looking for the spikes, found a couple with sprinkler heads attached but no price, so I went into the store looking for a price machine. Saw a Lady at the cosmetics department register and asked for the price. $1.50. Cool! Then I asked if I could check out there, she checked me out and I left, noting that all the people in the garden center checkout lanes were still waiting in line. I headed home, by the time I got less than 1 mile from the house, I realized I forgot the hose splicers. Duh!  Turned around and headed back, then thought maybe Target had a garden center, that would cut my travel mileage in half. As I turned on the road leading to the store, I spotted a Dollar General store, and figured it was worth the try if they had it, saving me another 3 miles. Yes indeed, God blessed me, they had them for $1. each, nice!  I also found they had a 75 foot non kink hose to replace her old hose that is suffering from heat rot and age. Even better blessing!  

Got it home and began putting the sprinkler heads together, and  replacing the nozzles. Changed gears, and cleaned the gas ports on mom’s stove burners, trimmed an evergreen bush, then, went back to recalculating the hose lengths and spacing needed to cover her whole front yard. Hooked up one and took a lunch break. Mom & I had some of the leftover steak from yesterday. 

Went back at it and finally finished installing and adjusting the system around 5 pm. Ants and all. :runcirclsmiley2:Come on, I was working, you’d think they’d understand and NOT crawl up my pants and bite me. :gaah:

I came back in the house and told mom her Mother’s Day present was up and running, including a faucet splitter, so she can have her hose and not have to fight turning the nob 20+ times to turn it on. She says she likes it. I just hope it works well and eliminates my worries that she might fall trying to lug the hose/sprinkler head all over the yard. 

Finished, done, time to get some sleep. I still need to stop by Lowe’s on the way home and pick up another sprinkler adjustment key I ordered. 

• Like 2

Way to go Annarchy!  I'll bet your mom is delighted!

Talked to my 'crafty' friend today, and we laughed at how much people were paying at the flea market for things we would make for ourselves....much of it was what she called junk.  Apparently rustic is chic again; so we brainstormed a bit on how to turn some of our spare bits (like all the wood we are getting from felling trees) into money.  She was shocked at how much the craft stores were selling even craft PARTS for....we decided if folks insisted on paying for such things, they could buy them from us and we'd even give them a price break, LOL.  

Its raining here today.  The garden is loving it - I am loving the garden.  It looks like our Wisconsin garden would look in late June.  In fact the lettuce will be ready to pick shortly, so I had better decide what I will plant in its vacant spot when I harvest.  The cutting celery seeds I ordered are so slow to germinate I am considering cutting the base off some store celery, rooting it, and planting that in the garden.  It would be quicker to harvest.  The tomatoes are blooming, and the radishes need thinning.  Next month we will put in our 2nd planting of bush  beans (I am teaching M about succession planting).  Hmmm, I just figured out what to put in lettuce's old spot...I got some "braising greens" from Pinetree garden seeds that is a mixture of various mustards, and Asian greens, designed to be eaten basically like a 'mess o' greens'.  I have always made up mixtures for growing lettuce, so this should be a quick growing harvest.  I bought some of Pinetree's mixes (broccoli mix, radish mix, and kale mix) for autumn planting and winter picking.  I like variety, and that way things mature at different times.  Pinetree Seeds has wonderful seed mixes - so many that I have to control myself lest M roll her eyes and declare me crazy.  I personally could plant the whole garden that way - tomato mix, sweet pepper mix, hot pepper mix, beet mix, carrot mix, multiple lettuce mixes, greens mixes, and, of course, the broccoli, radish and kale mixes.  It would certainly be a fun garden, almost as much fun as the year I went for 'funny colored"  veggies (purple peppers, green when ripe tomatoes, purple snap beans, purple potatoes and multicolored corn).  The only 'fail' that year was the green tomatoes - it was too hard to tell when they were ripe.  

• Like 2

I'm so sick of Social Security and their B.S.  

I sat in that office for 2 hours today. Mostly just waiting. I gave them my paperwork and they looked at me like I was stupid...again. They said they already have it. No sh*t Sherlock. Tell that to Eva Pendleton. So they took it again to appease me.

I got home and there was another message from Eva on my answering machine with an apology saying that I was right. She does have my information after all. She will file my "claim" right away. After I just spent another day in the S.S. office. Please tell me that "claim" is just S.S. lingo for registering and not an actual "claim". Please tell me they aren't still trying to sign me up before my 66th. birthday.

I got home and there is a letter in my mailbox saying I do not qualify for S.S. because I don't have enough credits. Yes Sherlock, I'm aware of that. That's why I'm filing on my D-ex's and getting half of the amount. I have 60 days to appeal.

I'm really angry. 91 days and that check had better be in the bank. Not one day early or one day late. Crimony, I'm mad.

• Sad 4

Sure hope they get you straightened out, Jeepers!  I'd hate to see you if they mess it up!

Mt. Rider, I'm glad your folks are doing better and you are getting a little rest!

Got the goat shed cleaned out and I have a kidney stone moving. That was not a job for a 60 year old with a stone! So glad it is done though and dumped all the straw and poop up in the rose garden. No rain tomorrow so I hope to get it spread Thursday. Church function in the morning (maybe) and doc appt. for dh tomorrow afternoon. Sure wish this stone would get a move on! It is about halfway or a little more down the tube but not far enough!  I'm thinking stress related.  In the early 90's I had 4 at the same time that were from a stressy job.

• Sad 2
33 minutes ago, snapshotmiki said:

Sure hope they get you straightened out, Jeepers!  I'd hate to see you if they mess it up!

Yep, it could get ugly...er.   :icon19:

I'm calling Eva AGAIN tomorrow. :mad:

I talked to D-ex today. He is scared. Not for me...

I hope your stone passes soon! They are so painful. :hug3:

Edited by Jeepers
Spacing issue.
  • Like 1

Gearing up for some much needed relaxation.  The weather's supposed to be beautiful for the next four days and we plan to take advantage of it by joining some camping buds.  Last Thursday I managed to do a bit of a face plant as I was coming in from the garden (at the homestead) and pushed my chin right into the engine on one of our mowers...ouch!  No broken bones, just shook up and ended up having two REALLY bruised jaws and a scraped chin.  Hubby was in the garage/barn so I knew he couldn't hear me, so I just sat there and waited for him.  Didn't want to try to get up "just in case".  Been using some Amish made Comfrey based salve and it's really soothing.  Been embarrassed to go into stores etc., don't want them to think hubby boxed me :-)  When I told him that, he laughed and said I'll show them my shin...he missed a floor joist and got a really good "bang out of it"....I ask you...what are us old far** doing stuff like this for! :24:

• Haha 1

:sigh:   Today was a vexing, harsh day.  Started normal.  Staggering around until I got the "MS morning blearly" gone.  :imoksmiley:DH took the dog and went to get 2 more bales of hay at the feed store....in the snow.  I went down stairs [sweeping...exterior stairway in snow is a pain] and washed about 2 doz eggs.  Went back up..DH/dog home...and began to make fried eggs.  Suddenly my hands would NOT do anything my brain was trying to tell them.  :sassing:  Dropped egg shells - repeatedly.  Knock over things.  My intended reach veers off course...   Legs got really weak and I gave over the spatula to DH and returned to bed.  Stayed there reading/Internet until much later.  DH had to go off to town with dog for several hours.  Still snowing. 

Fortunately, early evening, my functioning seems to be much improved.  So I got goat in....or rather shut her door.  Goat don't tend to like moisture.  Then drove down to feed horses/close up ducks for the nite.  No dog to walk.  Came back up and spent a good deal of time/energy trying to get the sticky wet [thank You, God for MOISTURE]  snow up and over the edges of the Circus Tent tarp.  Took twice as much time/effort as normal and my muscles -neck/arm/shoulder- were about to scream.  Came inside and was so overheated that I decided I'd just go ahead and shower/wash hair.  Been TRYING to carve out even ENERGY to get hair done.  With DH constantly helping my folks lately  [he stopped by before work yesterday AND after work...and will be driving my dad to the doc appt tomorrow before work...]  that I'm having to do more too. 

Then I put together a sort of hotdish.  DH came home in the middle of that and sweeping the steps for the 18th time today.  I was trying to fit something on the stove and knocked over the jar on stove where I dump old grease/oil.  Having been cooking pasta in the big pot, the Right-front burner was very hot yet and the oil spilled all over the Right-back burner.  I grabbed for the paper towels and ....ONLY ONE LEFT.  :runcirclsmiley2: IF THAT OIL HITS THE HOT FRONT BURNER....  I yelled to DH "I need paper towels right now!"  But while he was in the bedroom closet digging out the next roll, I grabbed up some napkins and sopped up enough to stop the flood. BIG MESS....but no FIRE.  :amen:    :0327:   :amen:  

Supper was done but I wanted to dry my hair before it got alllll :animal0017:....so I grabbed for my earplugs.  I use them in shower and then later to protect ears from hair dryer.  [tho my new one is wondrously quiet and very efficient! ]  One ear plug missing....I just used them and set them right here.  Long story but I did eventually find the runaway.  Hmph!  Then I turn on the hair dryer at the same moment the phone rings.....  :gaah:  

It was my mom....so I just spluttered and said I was having a rough day and I'd call her back when my hair was dry.  Did...and ate supper as we talked.  Was still talking to her when I stepped up on the battered old couch to reach ....closing the window curtain.  And stepping down, I caught my moccasin on the baggy part of my sweatpants..... and having lost that next support leg.....fell again.  Oh for pete's sake!!!!  Inched over to phone which went flying and smacked against the front door.  My mom says, "Did you drop me again?" 

:sigh:  "No, I dropped me again...."   Yes, that's the same fall as I took about 4 wks ago but the landing was better [not great but better] this time.  Me and Nuprin are going to be best friends again for a couple days.  :hug3:   Hmph!  Decided to crawl back to bed and stay there.....  :hidingsmile:

I'm pretty sure that just two days of rest did not get the job done.  Each time I got into dropping, spilling, etc....was after some exertion.  Meaning....dang, I'm still too fragile to do much.  A little here and a little there.  But not multiple chores without resting in between.  :yar:  Otherwise....my brain-body connection is not connecting and .....  :tinfoilhatsmile:....LOOK OUT!  

MtRider  ....  Thankful to have found [actually PAID .99 each] for a trilogy I'm enjoying!  :pc_coffee:   Should keep me outta most trouble for a couple days.... :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

:pray:  for Miki and MrMiki's doc appt tomorrow

:pray:  for Jeepers and the rotten [and apparently NOT BRIGHT] SSI office.  Might need a miracle here, God?  :pray:

:pray:  for the nasty owie WE2  and MrWE2 stumbled into....OW! 

MtRider  .... :offtobed:        .....HEY.....did I notice we have MORE SMILIES?????  :happy0203:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

:pray:  for Miki and MrMiki's doc appt tomorrow

:pray:  for Jeepers and the rotten [and apparently NOT BRIGHT] SSI office.  Might need a miracle here, God?  :pray:

:pray:  for the nasty owie WE2  and MrWE2 stumbled into....OW! 

MtRider  .... :offtobed:        .....HEY.....did I notice we have MORE SMILIES?????  :happy0203:

:pray:  too.

New smiles, yup.  Part of the newest forum update. ?

• Like 3

Thanks for the prayers, Mt. Rider and Annarchy!  DH is getting so discouraged and impatient!

Going to my Church thing this morning as the stone has stopped moving.  Can still feel it but little pain.  When we get home from doc and Walmart, I need to spread the straw and poop by roses as It is now supposed to rain tonight.  Hope you all have a good and restful day!

Jeepers, I posted a new topic about SSA.  LOL  Just something else for folks to watch for!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just read your S.S. post Miki. Sigh. Sounding all too familiar to me.

I had to laugh at your post above this one though. Are you going to spread straw and poop by the roses or are you going to spread straw...and poop by the roses. Watch out for those thorns!  Do we need to start a "Go Fund Me" for an outhouse for the Miki's. I'll help ya hon.  :24:

• Haha 4