MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

5 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

Have you seen this video?

They say the interior of the vehicles is in excess of 180*F. Sidewalks are above 150. That’s why they advise not walking dogs here in the desert. Too many people have lost their puppies because it’s too hot. 

• Sad 2

That is so true to life here. You open the door, put the key in the ignition, turn it on, turn on the AC, roll down the window, and wait a couple of minutes, then get in. I wear oven mits, turn the vents towards the steering wheel, then, shut the door and go. Hot, hot, hot. 

What made your video, Midnightmom, even more humorous to me, was this time in TX, MIL couldn’t buckle in ‘cause the seat belt was too hot for her. I reached over and clicked her in. 

I am way to used to the excessive heat, after 50+ years here. That’s just sad. 

The highway exit I used to take on my way home every day was in the news yesterday for a big pile-up involving more than 45 cars.  Lots of injuries, no fatality.  Some people were very lucky--including me, because I would have been in the middle of it had I not moved.

• Like 3

@Ambergris  So glad you moved!!!

Our new Great Grandson, Easton, has arrived!!!  He and mom are doing great!  Her blood pressure had been an issue so they induced a month early and he was still 7.6!  So, yay for mom, dad and baby Easton!

• Like 7
On 7/20/2018 at 4:17 PM, Jeepers said:

Glad you had a good day Miki. I'm going to have to look up Moringa. It sounds familiar. Maybe We2 knows about it? Not sure.

Sorry your modem went out Mt. Rider. Maybe take a pillow or something with you next time you go to the library? I meant to go to the library today too and forgot. I need them to show me how to download books to my computer. They say they loaded but I can never find them. I think I might need an app.

I got the grass mowed, again. It's still growing fast. It has cooled down a lot here lately. It was only in the mid 70's today. We are supposed to get rain later tonight. I saw where a tornado touched down in southern Indiana today near Louisville, Ky. Sending prayers their way! :pray:

Got most of my errands run today I still need to go to Wal-Mart for some packing tape. The stuff I got isn't sticking to the box. It's a name brand. Scotch I think. Must just be too old. Went to the grocery store and they had the nicest biggest Bing cherries. Also some big soft purple plums. Gonna be eating good this weekend! :yum3:

Mammogram was yesterday. Worse part of the mammogram, for me, is the waiting. I got the 3-D one. Exact same procedure and Medicare pays for one a year so I figured why not.  

Yep...I do believe I mentioned Moringa here :-)  I buy the Organic powder and make my own capsules.  I have a capsule maker and two sizes of capsules (for other stuff);

• Like 1
On 7/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, Annarchy said:

We got rain today!  The fire pit is out of sight. And pea sized hail.

The ‘river’ almost came into the house. 

54F41A62-4C80-4963-9D81-11177A9E583A.jpeg

C071E36D-B1C5-4D12-98D0-2882293BCA2C.jpeg

1EE186D1-6FB5-45E5-9BB9-F6EF09518A8E.jpeg

WOW...now that's some rain!  We haven't had too awfully much, just lots of HOT...indexes in the low 100's :-(

• Like 1

Took a few days and solved the "hitch itch" ... three other rigs joined us (total of 10 people) and we really enjoyed kicking back.  Did do some wading in the water, let Abby-girl do some swimming, and several took their boats out.  One of the gals got the nerve to go on a tube...not me!  When they got back she was so tired they couldn't hardly drag her back into the boat!  I'd say 67 is a bit too senior to just jump into a tube and hang on to a pull rope when you've never done it before!  But...we all still enjoyed each other's company..."when we wanted it".  We gathered Sendsupper hour, built a fire and enjoyed smores and other goodies.

The weather has been super hot until this past weekend.  We finally got some late evening rains and nobody complained!  I could always tell when it was 5am because there was this little birdie that started singing it's praises to God every morning! LOL

It's been a busy July in our neck of the woods.  Take care all!

• Like 3

Hi We2. Nice to see you.  :hi:

Prayers for your eyes. :pray:   Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'm wondering about mine too. I think I see a film when I'm looking at something but it sort of moves around. Hard to describe. But not the floater things. I have some of those too.  

Have you heard anything about your van? Or did I miss that?

I thought it was you who mentioned Moringa. I have a capsule maker but only in one size. I think I might also need a bigger one.

Sounds like you had a lovely time. I hate to say it but I would have been the one doing exactly what the 67 year old lady did. Of course I'm younger than her. I'm only 66.

Oh crap, speaking of 66...today is the 25th. Social Security kicked in today. I didn't die. I beat them!!!!!  :laughkick:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Finally finished putting up the asparagus.  Blanched & froze 12 pints, and the dehydrator is  full of the blanched "tough parts" to be ground into powder.  Less waste.  Mary & I got a refund check from our house closing costs (less expensive than anticipated) which was a real blessing - money was running way too low for our next paycheck in two weeks (!) and she suggested when we were getting groceries that I get more asparagus, so I did.  (That's how 5 lb became 12 pints.) She bought a couple packs pf gizzards & hearts, one we ate tonight.  Getting back to our rural childhood roots I guess.  On payday we will pick up some beef tongue.  She hasn't had it in years & loved it growing up, whereas I have always wanted to try it but not enough to custom order any.  Here it is a common ethnic food & readily available alongside the other specialities (chicken paws, chitterlings, and streak-o-lean).  So culinary adventures beckon.  

The sweet potato vines are starting to die back, so I imagine we will be digging those next.  We're starting cabbage & broccoli starts to fill the empty spot.  Hoping for better results from an autumn crop than we had from the summer one.

Have been doing physical therapy b/c my doc suggested it.  It's a bit of a pain in the rear, but worse yet I have not noticed any real effect from all the exercises except for training soreness the next day.  Doc also made a referral to a neurosurgeon, not for surgery per se, but to have his input on which other treatments would NOT aggravate things.   Today I drove 40 miles to see my cancer doc & discus my latest blood tests - all excellent - my anemia is gone, no ''markers' for cancer showing up which is what we want, I guess.  Then 40 miles back, change to workout clothes, and go to PT for an hour of sweating & working out.  (I figure if I am going to PT, I am putting in my best effort.  So I'm sweating up a storm & have sore muscles the next day.)  We are almost done with the 6 weeks authorized by Medicare so far, so I'm a little disappointed that I am not seeing more results - better posture, etc.  Oh well, obviously this is not a 6-week fix.   

• Like 3

Kappy, maybe some of the issue is that some of the fat is turning to muscle and muscle is heavier than fat. Maybe you don't look like you are losing weight  because you are bulking up, Not a bad habit to have!!

Back in the heat, 119 Monday, 118* yesterday breaking the old heat record.  Air quality warnings.

Today, lightly overcast and a couple of very light sprinkles, that only lasted a couple of minutes, just enough to raise the humidity again.

• Sad 2

:pc_coffee:  ...... I'm baaaack.  Finally!  Monday didn't get us back on.  Tech came out....stepped out of truck and looked up at dish.  "That's analog! :o I can't fix that.  No one can fix that.  No one has the skills or tools to fix that anymore."  Ya...we've been a bit antiquated.... 

So we switched Internet Providers for the first time in over a decade.  Thank YOU, God that we have a generic email address [Yahoo] which follows us over to a new provider.  TONITE....LATE TONITE.... we finally got installed with new dish, cables, modem.  No need of router now.  Said we have good strong signal but those trees better not grow much bigger.  They were much shorter when the former dish had been installed more than a decade ago.  LOL

There was an odd....impossible glitch with the new modem.  Even tech support insisted that this problem was IMPOSSIBLE...and yet everyone was seeing that problem.  Before the tech guys on the phone got too involved in a fascinating problem, our technician just took out our new modem and installed a different new modem.  That one worked fine.  Tech guys finally got to go home....were there from 6pm to 9:45pm.  They'd installed 4 today.  The one before me was an hour away.  They had to travel an hour in the other direction to get home.  Nice guys!  Sooooo glad to be back on line.  I think we'll have an incredible amount of Internet usage now....for $20 more per month.  We'd paid $40 for well over a decade so I suppose it was time to upgrade from analog....hmmm?  :rolleyes: 

Ya wanna know HOW MANY EMAILS collect in a week?  :0327: 

But hey, the other thing that DID arrive on Monday.......MONSOON RAINS!  :balloons::balloons:   :balloons:    

....... :unsure:  ......followed immediately by massive flooding in low areas.......rock/mud slides closing roads.....power outages due to lightning strikes......computer systems going wacko during power outages/lightning strikes.....  "Grand Canyon" ruts in the driveway...... mudslides in the valley between our hills...... rice paddies in the pasture where the creek had gone dry [only 2nd time in 2 decades it's gone dry].....    

:happy0203:    AHHHHHHH......SUMMER IN THE ROCKIES IS HERE!    :amen: 

We went from 98* to an overnite low of 48*    :knary:  :frozen:    Yikers!  But I have been suddenly feeling back to normal.  Been lethargic to down-right-SICK for past 2 months.  Suddenly with the drop in temperature, I'm fine.  :hapydancsmil:  And have gotten tons of stuff done this week:  the living room avalanche is gone.   Shelving units replaced the nasty old couch.  Fortunate that we began that project.  Cuz we needed to string new line for the modem today....around the edge of the room.  That part was ready and waiting for the tech guys to come.  :)  Still have a long way to go with sorting and arranging.  But it already looks soooo much better.  And I can FIND THINGS AGAIN! 

Well, gotta go to bed.  Really wearing out and tired .....but not cuz I'm broiling to death.  Cuz I can work and DO THINGS AGAIN.  :amen:

MtRider .....nice catching up with y'all!  :grouphug: 

• Like 5

:bounce:   I'm so excited!  That's the FIRST VID CLIP I've been able to watch!  :happy0203:

:o  but YIKERS!  I have seen CO news with views like that.  Haven't ever personally seen this caliber of mountain flooding.  Our area isn't that ...vertical.  But much of the mountains certainly are. 

.....soooo worn out today from a week of organizing and doing....that I've been enjoying my new Internet all day.  :pc_coffee:   ....except when I unplugged it twice for lightning storm...  :unsure:   Don't want the modem or laptop zapped!

MtRider  :amen: 

• Like 1

I am glad you were able to get your internet fixed, MtR. 

Hi WE2, missed you. Sounds like you had an enjoyable outing. 

Hoping the PT helps your back Kappydell. 

Wow, Ambergris, that’s quite a flash flood. 

Today is house cleaning day. During the hottest days, we are turning on the misting system for the chickens. They don’t like the direct mist, but enjoy the coolness of the mesh around part of their coop. 

Time me to get back at it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so happy for both your new internet and your monsoon rains, Mt. Rider!  Both are very positive happenings!

We went to a town about 40 miles away to do some eBay shopping.  It went well!  I haven't been doing much outside except watering the tiny garden and goat care.  97 again here today.  We did stop at a discount grocery on the way back so I could get some of the stuff on my Walmart list for less money!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so darn stressed out. Everything was going smoothly with the new house...until it wasn't. I knew things were too good to be true.

I had to transfer the down payment from one bank to another and then to bank 3. I couldn't do the transfer to the final bank from the first bank because they would require signed paperwork and I didn't want to waste time with snail mail. So, my plan was to just go ahead and transfer it to bank 2 (paperwork on file) and then e-wire from bank 2 to the final bank. This was Wednesday. It usually takes overnight.

Well, that didn't happen. Bank 1 sent it right away. Bank 2 is "still processing". It's Sunday and no sign of the money in bank 2. I've called everyone at the banks, the realtor and anyone else I can think of to alert them of a potential problem. The main issue is I have to be there Tuesday at 1:00pm for a walkthrough at the house and the closing at 3:00pm. Which means I need to leave Monday, tomorrow, to get there the night before so I can be there on time.

So, Monday morning I'm praying the money gets into bank 2. It's there in their system, they just need to get on the stick and process it. It should have been done Friday. Then the weekend held it up two days. They had better not put a hold on it!

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do with it once it's in bank 2. One person was saying it needs to go to bank 3 and another was saying I need to wire it to a title company. The title company didn't even say how much to wire or give an account number. I'll call the loan officer in the morning as soon as I find out where the money is.

The sellers are coming from out of state also so I know they have probably taken off work and made arrangements too. What a mess. I'm so stressed out I can barely breathe. I'm not in danger of losing the house but I might be putting a lot of people in a tough situation and a huge embarrassment to myself.

• Sad 3