MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Drat it!  I fell again tonite.  Was just going to get ready for doing PM chores.  I THINK I caught my big toe on Koa's body harness when I stepped over her in this tiny living room.  I THINK that caused her to get up quickly from sprawled out.  That tipped my right foot UP and I slammed down pretty hard.  Nervous system immediately went WACKO.  Pain in toe made it worse.  Landed more on R side [evidence by aches/pains] but mostly fell flat forward...caught with hands [wrists ache] and then down to forearms [R shoulder really aches].  Face-down in carpet but.....aches are ok.  Even toe calmed down after a few minutes.....so I knew nothing was broken.  I so rarely do a "tree fall".  My reflex is to tuck and roll.  That didn't happen on this one. 

I happened to be on the phone to DH WHEN IT HAPPENED.  But he was at work and had put phone down to help customer.  Phone flew out of my hand and skidded under a chair....still on speaker phone.  Initially I can't even move ...nervous system shut down.  DH came back on phone and I hollered that I'd fallen and dropped the phone.  Eventually I was able to pivot a little on my stomach and reach phone.  We talked and he quickly decided he would close the store and come home now.  Still took him an hour and a half to do that.  But he had me on speaker phone the whole time he was shutting everything down so he could leave.  :buttercup:  Called his boss and said "my wife has fallen and she can't get up..."  Boss ok'd closing shop early.

I had been able to maneuver some...sitting up a bit and laying back down on the floor.  I used Koa's harness to pull myself up to sitting or switch sides I was laying on.  She was very solicitous when I'd call her over.  Once DH got there, Koa was thrilled to see him:  "SOMETHING IS WRONG.....I can't get her up off the floor this time! " 

DH was able to help me knee-walk to bathroom and then to bed.  He and Koa went to feed but ducks were too confused to come in.  Wonder how many we'll have be morning....  After resting in bed for couple hours, I am able to carefully walk with canes.  By morning I should be fine.  

Welll...that's never happened before...that DH had to come home to the rescue.  Oye.

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Sad 2

Mt_Ryder hope you are ok this morning. Maybe ok is not the right word! 

But I do hope you are able to function and nothing broken. Please do not ever step over the dog. Their reaction to such is not reliable.

The first time I fell I had walked beside my dog which was laying beside the cabinet. She got up and moved in front of me causing me to fall, but on her, so it was an easy landing. I am not in the habit of falling and until my hip broke was in good health.

• Sad 4

Hope you are ok, Mt_R. 

Gunny has a bad habit of pushing me and walking into my path. Now I basically expect him to do it. 

Made it home safe, yesterday. Laundry and tidying up the house for customers/friends later today. Not exactly sure what I will fix for dinner. Maybe tacos, bean & rice. :shrug:

Jeepers, it’s your computer that doesn’t “know” the smilies. I think I will lock out the other emojis. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, whenever I use them, because I personally like MrsS set of emotions.  :pc_coffee:

• Like 3

I hope you are doing better Mt. Rider! Falls are getting scarier and scarier after a 'certain' age. I was afraid for you while reading your post! It's even scarier when you are alone and wonder if you are going to be able to get up. Sigh.  How did the ducks do?

I remember a few years ago when it was announced that the queen of England could no longer replace any of her beloved Corgi dogs after they die because they were a tripping hazard for her. Truth be told, she had probably already fallen over one. Muffin used to trip me up too. Then I'd do a staggering balancing act trying not to step on her. :imoksmiley:

A broken hip can lead to a whole set of new issues that are difficult to recover from. I must have tough bones for my age. It's a wonder I haven't broken something in one of my falls. I usually manage to do it on cement.

I hope you are doing well with your hip Twilight.  :hug3:

Annarchy, I can't see the other smaller Mrs. S. smilies on this computer. I can see them if someone posts one but they aren't an option for me.  Personally,  I don't care though because they are too small and dark (not colorful) for my old eyes anyway.

• Like 1

Awwwww, Jeepers.  I'm sorry.  I did change the emoji settings.  It was extremely annoying to me.  However, it will let you use the device specific emojis, if you want to use them. 

Yeah, older computers....  I'm still using my old '05 Apple computer.  I use the newer versions to keep track of how things look/work, to keep up to date with technology.... not doing as well as I should, but trying to.       :coffeescreen:

Annarchy... you keep this board up and running. Yes you sure do.  :bouquet:  Thank You!  I don't really care about the emoji's.

My computer is an old Windows 7. I'm hanging on to it as long as I can. I don't want to deal with a Windows 10. If I had my way I'd still be using a Windows 98. I got my first computer because it came in a cow printed box and a cow printed box screen saver. They also had a local store who serviced them. They were my personal 'geek squad' back then. Boy did I cause some doozy mess ups! They taught me to do a factory setting at home. I thought they were being nice to me. I'm probably the reason they went out of business. Sigh. I didn't have a clue what I was doing back then. Still don't. D-ex kept telling me not to worry about it. I can't really mess it up. Wrong. OCD made me delete important stuff all the time "to save space" and to keep things in order. I'm still a deleter.

Remember Gateway? I just found out Acer bought them. In 2007. 

Yep, I bought a computer because of the box...that got thrown away. Moooo

New Arrival.png

My Store.jpg

Edited by Jeepers
Resized Pictures
  • Haha 3

That's neat, Jeepers.

I bought my Mac Book Pro, cause it had an apple.  Don't ask.  Sad thing, I really liked Windows 3.0.  I did amazing things with it.  Then, the upgrades, newer models, took away the programs I really liked.  Time flies, when you are having fun, doesn't it?

Win 10 is not that bad, IMHO.  The only thing it doesn't let you do, is mess with the OS.  I'm OK with that.  I deleted several OS programs that took down my Win 98.  Ooopsss.....

Got all the laundry done, tidied up the house, took care of the animals, and gave away another dozen eggs.  Leaves me with an 1/2 dozen, until tomorrow.  The girls are starting to lay again, now that it isn't 120* out.  

Picked some tomitillos this morning, enough to make a small batch of green salsa.  Went to the store and got one jalapeno for the recipe, the owners wouldn't let me pay, "...it only a couple of cents..."  They do that to me all the time, but, I get them back..... it's a game we play.  Very nice people.

Now, we are waiting for our customers to get off work and come down, an hour drive for them, but, the paperwork is important and one of then wants to pick up his new toy.  LOL

• Like 2

Hi y'all......I'm finally back.  First....I am quite fine after the dramatic fall.  I knew nothing was broken or I would have just done 911.  But I did expect more aches/pains from muscles/joints.  I "can feel" my right wrist...probably first point of impact.  But my martial arts/gymnastic training means I don't come down hard on just one point.  I immediately begin to collapse...and roll if possible.  Not possible this time due to narrow space...tiny house.  But you can absorb a lot of the impact in other ways...which I do automatically.  THANKFULLY my reflexes are not damaged by the MS.  Soooo I merely took a Nuprin WHILE laying on the floor waiting for DH. 

And I will have a new Without Warning exercise idea from this ......coming soon ....  ;)

Anyway, I never took anything else for pain and I'm fine.  :amen: 

As for the dog....again, we have such an INCREDIBLY tiny house that she literally has no where to go.  And with my going back and forth all the time....she seriously canNOT get up and move constantly.  I have her out on porch unless the weather is not good...or it's after dark....or if she's being particularly barky.  And she's usually quite good about sprawling and holding still as I step between her sprawled legs. 

This is the FIRST DOG that I have stepped over.  I have never done that but this one has fewer choices than any of her predecessors.  I do TOTALLY AGREE, Twilight....yet, this is one of the failures of tiny house/giant dog.  :sigh:  And....she actually did not move until I caught my toe [MS drop-foot] in her body harness.  She got up cuz I began to crash down upon her.....  :shrug:  

{I mean really....who can catch their big toe in a dog harness strap.....}  :sassing:  {....tho it doesn't surprise my mother at all....cuz I do that sort of odd thing allllll the time!}  :sassing:  

Anyway, thanks for all the well-wishes/concern.  :grouphug: And then I disappeared from Internet for 36 hrs ....in a totally unrelated episode with out new Internet company.  We were unhooked from our modem for nearly 24 hrs....testing....testing...Techs #1, 2, 3, 4......   :0327:  I'm exhausted!!!

I'm now trying to catch up with email, MrsS, Church Prayer List, FREE Ebooks, etc.  We have to relearn how much 10G of data usage really IS...

MtRider :offtobed:   PS....all 6 ducks survived the night on the pond.  :amen: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh for pete's sake!  While I was distracted with Dog-Tripping and Internet Confusion........HURRICANE LANE has built up to a Cat 5 and it's expected to veer into the curve of the Hawaiian Islands.   :pray:  :runcirclsmiley2::pray:    :runcirclsmiley2:

The main expected track has it just skimming under the islands....to the south and west of the whole string BUT VERY CLOSE.  They're expecting to get HUGE RAIN TORRENTS.....on those extremely steep mountain sides.  Means flash flooding.  Also HIGH WINDS, of course , even if it isn't a direct pass over.  It's also SUPPOSED to diminish in strength....but it's already so strong/so huge.  And the Right side of hurricanes have the highest WINDS.  Left side gets the most rain.  

[right/left is determines by which direction the hurricane is traveling....HI is on the R side of H. Lane....unless it crosses over Maui

One of the alternate storm tracks shows it possibly crossing directly OVER MAUI......Literally RIGHT OVER THEIR HOUSE!   Kid's house is not near ocean surge area but the terrain DOES tend to flood their yard....almost up to their door sometimes.  They would need sandbags. 

:pray:    Oh please God....protect my loved ones and friends and ....everyone!  I wonder if Sass's son/dil/grkids are still there?  Anyone see her on Facebook?

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-08-21-hurricane-lane-hawaii-forecast-impacts

........   :yar: seems like this week just can't end!

....thanks y'all.  I know you'll add your prayers to mine.  I think Thurs is the key day for Maui specifically.

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Got a quick email and they are sandbagging:amen:   Flooding is likely their main danger.  DD2 said her two big sons are filling sandbags.  They've boarded the house windows  :amen:  but are exhausted.....not sure about boarding 9 huge windows at their store.  Told her to get their home safe for sheltering.....then if there is time/energy/plywood....think about protecting your business.  They could move some of the merchandise to the back room.  

H.Lane is still a strong Cat4.  Predicted to drop to a Cat3 sometime Thursday.  Merely a Cat3 with wind speeds 115mph/gust to 140mph.  :pray:    It continues down to a Cat2 by Friday....100mph/gusts 120mph.  If it follows the main predicted track, it will be at it's closest point to Maui in the night Thurs/morning Fri. 

Thanks for prayers! 

MtRider  ...glued to the Internet...  :pc_coffee:  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://mauinow.com/2018/08/22/hurricane-lane-pushes-onward-wednesday-updates/

So Thursday and thru Friday...  The rain bands are already across Maui.  Haven't heard an update from them.... 

:whistling:  Course this worried mom would like very frequent updates but.....I do understand they are a "leetle busy" for that. 

MtRider  :pray:  ....it's still a Cat4

Praying for Hawaii. :pray:

I was listening about it last night and thought of your 2 girls and g-sons. Last night it was a cat 5 so I'm glad to hear it's lessening! Every little bit helps. Sheesh, first fire then water.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Anyone heard from Sass on Facebook....her son and family still there?

I reached out to her on messenger this morning.  Will let you know if I receive a response.

Not doing much today.  eBay and maybe a new Zumba video on youtube.  Also need to run to Dollar Tree for inexpensive frozen fruit!

• Thanks 3

Kids are still in waiting mode.  This hurricane is traveling slowly ...dragging this out.  Still a Cat4 right now.  Expect it to downgrade to Cat 3 and Cat 2 pretty quickly tonite, I think.  Maui has rains now which will be increasing as this day goes on.  Flood danger will increase later tonite.  They are all boarded up....so sitting in the house would be weird.  HOT AND MUGGY.  Just waiting...

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

• Sad 2

Still watching the hurricane progress.  :pray:

I had a dr. appointment this afternoon. All they do is stare at the laptop. Wouldn't be so bad but they ask the same questions over and over. Shouldn't it be right there in their computer? Example is when she came in she asked me if I was there for a follow up. They took that info when I called for an appointment and so did the nurse who checked me in today. Did she not read my chart. Then she mentioned my blood sugar was high the last time. I told her she put me on a med for that the last time I was in. She said, "Oh, good." Seriously? She twisted my legs around and said I didn't have a bulging disk. I used to really love her but she is slipping. Maybe I need a geriatric doctor now.

I got home barely in time to call for some diagnostic tests. I couldn't figure out what kind of test she had written the prescription for. I think it's an ultrasound but I'm not sure. I think she said that but it wasn't on the paperwork. And it said pelvic and bladder. I wanted pelvic and kidneys. Hospital couldn't figure it out and neither could I. So, I'll just trot back to the dr. tomorrow for a clearer explanation. It will be easier to go in than to call. They don't get back to you til the end of the day and I have yard work etc. to do.

They did go ahead and X-ray my spine and knees while I was there. I'll have to wait for radiology to read them.

Strange thing happened today. I fell asleep this afternoon before my appointment. I heard my son say, "mom." I heard myself say, "Hum?" Then I heard him say "MOM!" I heard myself say out loud,  "Yes?" That is what woke me up. It was 15 minutes before I had to leave for the doctor. If that hadn't happened I would have slept right through the appointment.  :shrug:

• Like 3

That cup of coffee you are drinking is bothering me! I just drink or make coffee in the afternoon...

Have been wondering why the acid taste in my mouth... Tested faucet water and the spring water I have been buying .. both tested ,10 and 11ph. It is raining so brought in a bucket of rain water strained it and will try it in the morning for coffee. It tests 6 pH.

Learned something from bonesmart... They do have many good points and it is an excellent place to go to learn before you go for the surgery.

But I say this... If you have pain it is for a reason. Healing to start with. But I do not think pain should be covered up because infection can and does happen. Using pain medication can cover infection and if it gets deeper can cause a whole lot of problems. In other words find out what is causing pain first beforecovering it.

• Like 3

Did some Mennonite shopping yesterday.  Picked up 10# of crunchy oat granola for $10.95 and vacuum sealed it in smaller bags and put them in one of our 5 gallon buckets with the twist-type lids (forgot what they're called).  Also picked up a couple of bags of lovely white potatoes that they had grown locally, so I'll be jarring up some more potatoes.  Also picked up 2 pints of local raw honey and 2 pints of pure maple syrup.  Also a couple of acorn squash.  One will make a nice side for us.  I cut it in half and then bake it with butter, garlic powder and onion powder and then dust it with some Basil.  Hubby worked part of the day for a friend.  Her disposal quit so he replaced it for her.  Seems "somebody" left a wooden spoon in it and turned it on.  Her renter's frig was making some noise so he checked it out.  Was pushed too close to the wall so it wasn't get much ventilation and was full of dust bunnies.  No noise when he left...but like he said...he's not a frig repairman.  I busied myself damp mopping floors after I did the granola.  Probably a waste of time since it's been raining most of the day...but....we welcome the rain!  Our barrels should be full and over-flowing!  A girlfriend stopped by for a bit this afternoon but didn't stay since I was mopping floors.  Guess it made her feel bad? LOL  Abby doesn't mind walking on freshly mopped floors...LOL  Fixed Chili Rellano's for supper tonight...so very tasty.  They are one of hubby's favorite dishes.  I'll probably jar up the potatoes tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be somewhat cool again.  Without c/a this kitchen gets hot really quick.  I'll put my box fan in the livingroom blowing into the kitchen.  That's what I did last year and it worked pretty well.  Really like to wait until later into the fall, but these potatoes looked so wonderful and were so cheap I couldn't pass them by.  They had really put evenly sized potatoes into the bags.   Surgery center called today also to go over additional details for the cataract surgery this coming Tuesday.  I'll be glad to get it the follow-ups over with and then...the right eye's turn.  Take care all, and for those who have loved ones in Hawaii...may they be prepared and safe.

• Like 5

Twilight, it was so clear. I think it as happened to me 3-4 times in the last couple of months where I woke up answering someone out loud. Odd feeling.

we 2, I remember your barrel set up. It is a thing of beauty .Praying for your eye surgery on Tuesday :pray:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went over to the dr. to verify the test information I had that the hospital couldn't figure out yesterday. She said it is as written. Two tests with external ultra sound each taking approximately 1 hour, no food 8 hours before.  Cool.

So I went home and called the hospital for an appointment...again.

Oh Boy.

I got a different person. Misty. She didn't sound very thrilled to be there to start with. Whatever. She couldn't figure out the order either. I explained again what it was for. She started getting snippy with me and put me on hold. She came back and asked me for a bar code. I told her there wasn't one on there and I couldn't read it if there was one.

It was all down hill from there.

She said, "You people really need to start doing these orders yourself and stop letting the patients try to do it." Oh Boy. I said, "You People! Who do you think you are talking to? I am the patient. You people?" Change of attitude! She became sweetness and light suddenly. "She said I didn't mean you." I said, "Yes you did. You said 'You People' not those people. You can't figure out a dr. order so now I'm one of those "You People." She kept trying to say she didn't mean me. I kept saying she did. I said, "Talking to me saying the word 'you' people indicates me." I told her if she has an issue with the way the prescription is written, discuss it with them not me.

I finally got my appointment for Sept. 4th. told her I hoped the phone call was recorded for quality control (it was according to her) and I asked for her name. Funny she got everything figured out in a hurry. I think she was apologizing when I hung up. Don't care.

It's too late to call the hospital to complain. Come Monday I'll be on the phone discussing Ms. Misty's attitude though.

Ya know, I'm just not going to take it any more. I haven't lived 66 years for someone half my age to call me a "You People' because they can't do their job.

I'm really mad today.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2