MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Daddy update...my Dad went home to be with Jesus last night...very peacefully and in no pain.  It's over.  No more suffering from hallucinations or heart pain and step mum is doing good.  We'll go chauffeuer (sp?) her around if she needs us to.  She doesn't like driving in bad weather or dark.  She had some friends come in today and they cleared Dad's bed etc., out and she'll donate his clothes to a goodwill there in their town.  I'm sad...but relieved...that he knew Jesus as his Savior and I'm sure he was ushered right into His presence.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Bless you.  I heard a song on radio that the man was singing to his wife.  He was saying, if I get to heaven before you, when you come too, don't look for me at the pearly gates, don't look for me on the streets of gold, because I will be at the feet of Jesus.

I may not remember the words exactly, but I sat in the car and cried it was such a sweet song.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhh......WE2.  :hug3:   So bittersweet.  I'm expecting the same mix of emotions when my dad's time comes.  Such a relief that you didn't have to force the issue of sending him to a place he didn't want to go.  :amen:  But....he will be missed for who is really was....as will mine when his time comes.  Praying for you all ...in this transition.  

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, The WE2's said:

Daddy update...my Dad went home to be with Jesus last night...very peacefully and in no pain.  It's over.

I am so sorry to hear of his going, but rejoice that he's with Jesus. I've never met a pastor who enjoyed funerals where there was no hope beyond the grave. Your father's service will be bitter-sweet so close to Resurrection Sunday.  :hug3:

Went through the -too small clothes- in closet today. (They all fit now). Have 2 more smaller Walmart size bags of too big clothes to go to thrift store and a couple pair of shoes.

Going to Dollar General in a bit for tissue paper for eBay wrapping.

Making jalapeno popper stuffed chicken breasts a little later this afternoon with some frozen vegetable or other.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Went through the -too small clothes- in closet today. (They all fit now).

:lol:   Sheeeesh, Miki!  Ya just blew my determination to send my Too-Smalls to the thrift store.  :rolleyes:  

Got to 28* by midnight last nite.  Prolly colder in the wee hours.... :frozen:  Couple inches of accumulation mostly melted by morning.

Morning was sunny-windy-chilly!

Then a BLAST BLIZZARD for 20 minutes.  Whoa....  :o  Big flakes running northward horizontally. 

Then sun then clouds..... 

I'm doing all my bedding today and other clothes.  Getting my daily physical exercise going up and down between house and laundry underneath.  And I'm drinking water.  :clothesline:   :bev:  

MtRider  ...keeps me from getting nervous... 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, The WE2's said:

he knew Jesus as his Savior

Step mum said he was in "his chair" and started mumbling but she couldn't understand what he was saying.  He then got quieter and quieter until he was just barely whispering and then he was gone.  As I went to bed Holy Spirit impressed me ..."he was talking to his Savior".  To me this was not only powerful to know he was in the presence of his Savior...but that she was also...and had no idea!

• Like 4

Today was a thundering, raining, wet day!  Since hubby had already made arrangements to be off the work project to go to sibling meeting (now cancelled of course) and we were to go to the Mennonite store to pick up 50# of Russets, we went ahead and went to the store.  I'll be steaming a lot of them in my "electric pressure canner" and then freezing them for future use...hashbrowns etc. as well as pressure canning some more pints.  We eat a lot of potatoes, and using pressure canned potatoes for my potato salad is something we love to eat.  I use my own garlic/sweet pickles that I pressure canned 2 years ago (maybe 3?) anyway...hubby doesn't like pickles so they last me a long time and are wonderful for our potato salad and other quick dishes.  Vidalia onions are now in season so I may pick up some of them for pressure canning.  They are so sweet and yummy but only come around once a year in our neck of the woods.  

• Like 2
On 4/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Virginia said:

Bless you.  I heard a song on radio that the man was singing to his wife.  He was saying, if I get to heaven before you, when you come too, don't look for me at the pearly gates, don't look for me on the streets of gold, because I will be at the feet of Jesus.

I may not remember the words exactly, but I sat in the car and cried it was such a sweet song.

Laundry...and peeled six nice big russet potatoes and put them in my electric pressure cooker and pressured them for 45 minutes.  Came out so very nice and tender.  Had a couple for supper tonight and baggied the others for the frig.  So handy to just pull out for whatever...especially breakfast! LOL  I'll start pressure canning some of them tomorrow.  These are Amish grown so they're really uniform in size but must be peeled.  I wouldn't want to just wash them and bake them.  Still raining here and there but the entire mid west is soaked to the gills and flooding is terrible everywhere.  Hubby is working on clients rental/sale house and so frustrated.  Client wanted grounded plug-ins in every room and he's having to flip a breaker, run upstairs, test the plug in, then mark it...if it's not hot.  If it is, back down stairs etc., etc., etc., for EVERY receptacle in the house.  Then the shed he wanted repaired turned out to be totally rotted out.  Guess when they built it they just put the floor right on the ground.  Frustrating day for him and client.  We're also having to deal with house insurance issues and not sure how that's going to turn out.  We have had this house insured as a "secondary" residence but now carrier doesn't want to insure it that way.  Hopefully we'll be able to just go with dwelling...but that's pretty costly.  Sure be glad when we get moved and this place sold!  I know you've all heard me say this for a LONG time...but I'm still going to keep saying it! :bounce:

• Like 3

Raining here too. My mailbox is leaning way over but it's too wet to go out and straighten it up and add.more dirt. Everything is flooded. 

We2, when I need to check the circuit breakers and I'm alone, I plug in the vacuum cleaner and turn  it on and go down to the basement and start flipping the breakers. When I don't hear the vacuum cleaner any more I figure I got the right one. :24:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 4/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, The WE2's said:

"he was talking to his Savior".  To me this was not only powerful to know he was in the presence of his Savior...but that she was also...and had no idea!

Oh....that gave me the excitement shivers!!!  :amen:    Glad she was right there with him, so she has no regrets. 

Jeepers....vacuum idea is great!  Anything loud like radio would work. 

City appointment.....long drive.  Stopped at a Hole In The Wall type place and got the most wonderful gyros, falafel, and a yummy, unique salad.  We used to get gyros a looong time ago...not in CO.  I could do well on Mediterranean diet.  :yum3:

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 3

Yesterday, went to Walmart and one local market for stock up and sales. Washed sheets and comforter. Played in garden.

Today, will make cauliflower rice and cauliflower tortillas, make burrito filling (with my canned taco meat) for DH. Pay rest of bills and vacuum out my jeep. Should keep me busy!

Haven't walked today.  Working on 3 hours and 20 minutes sleep.  

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 1

Got mama moved into her new apt at the retirement center. The food down in the cafeteria is GREAT. She can pick from lots of dishes, or choose the special of the day. She fills out the menu and the workers deliver to her. All drinks are included. I finally found her bathroom scales and she has lost several pounds. She also wants her heat turned down a bit. It seems moving around is still good for the body, even if it's lived for over 90 years old.  :hapydancsmil:  The lady in the apartment next to her was a teacher in the local school system. She had my mom's two grandsons in her class. God sure is leaving his fingerprints all over this move.  :24:

• Like 5

Cauliflower tortillas did not hold together so I added 2/3 cup cornmeal and a Tablespoon baking powder, dumped in a 9X13 pan and baked for 30 minutes.  The batter was just cauliflower, eggs and my seasoned salt plus the cornmeal.  Turned out really good and has to be lower carb than regular cornbread!  Room mate loves it and he eats regular food.

Didn't get the jeep vacuumed, but I did my exercise video a little while ago.

• Like 4

:amen: for Homesteader's mom's move!!!!  Your job isn't done but....hopefully this will make her safer, healthier and less for you to watch so carefully. 

My mom got a cell phone...which she said she'd never do.  She called on it and it took us four tries today for her to figure out how to answer.  Then it was simple.  It's one of the Jitterbug types....supposed to be simple!!  They keep losing each other in the store so she decided to learn how to use it.  Thankfully it's very clear for her to hear and for me to hear her.  She can only hear in one ear.  That's one thing she worried about.  :amen:

MtRider  ....eating...drinking....until midnite.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 5

Jarred up 16 pints of Russet potatoes today (yes, I re-cycle my honey jars! LOL) half with Tattlers and half with regular lids.  All the regular's sealed, heard them ping!  Tattlers?  I'll need to wait til morning. ..also steamed a gallon baggie full of whole potatoes that are now bagged and in the freezer.  Didn't vacuum seal, we go through them to fast.  Did more laundry.  Still another rainy day :-(  Next Tuesday is Daddy's grave site service at the Veteran's cemetary.

101_1059 Russet Potatoes 5-2-19.jpg

Edited by The WE2's
Added picture
  • Like 4
On 4/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, The WE2's said:

Step mum said he was in "his chair" and started mumbling but she couldn't understand what he was saying.  He then got quieter and quieter until he was just barely whispering and then he was gone.  As I went to bed Holy Spirit impressed me ..."he was talking to his Savior".  To me this was not only powerful to know he was in the presence of his Savior...but that she was also...and had no idea!

How sad to read about the passing of your father, but how happy to think he is with Jesus now.  I have heard of other occasions of people just before their deaths seeing "beyond the veil" so to speak.  My husband saw (I believe) his guardian angel at the end, waiting to take him on his final trip.  All I know is that he saw someone I could not see, and he asked me who it was.  I asked him to describe the person and he got rather testy, saying he was 'right over there" just look for myself.  I dropped the issue, now wanting him to strain himself, but afterward thought it might be his angel, whom he had dubbed "Michael".  I will have to ask him when we meet again.

So I believe you are right in discerning that your father was talking to his Savior.  How comforting it is to us left behind!

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 4

Worked hard today, got a lot of stuff done. Monthly bills, books, shopping, gassing vehicles, post office run, and so on. Made DH stir fry, using another batch of home grown bean sprouts. Learned, covering the sprouts with a black towel, makes them like the ones you buy in the store. :woohoo: Tired now. Heading to bed....

• Like 4

I had just the best salad today.  Mixed baby greens, cucumber (peeled and diced, yay!), blueberries, and barely-thawed thin slices of grapefruit.  All local.

• Like 4

Another rainy day...not heavy, just enough to get yourself wet if you're out in it for a bit.  Hubby took Abby-girl for a short walk when he got home.  Took some of the "cabin fever" out of her.  I did some other wifey chores and washed & labeled my potatoes, then boxed them back up to move to the homestead and bring another case of older ones back here.  Hubby picked up a 10# bag of Vidalia onions for me to jar up...probably Sunday.  Did slice one up tonight and made onion rings.  Those things are sooooo sweet!  When I jar them up all I have to do is strain them and dump them in a skillet with some butter or chop to use in other meals.  I have the "walking onions" but they're not sweet. I jar my onions in half pints for just the two of us. Still got 'taters to do too!:happy0203:

• Like 4

Got up early.  Read, exercised, journaled, did dishes, had coffee, etc.

Planning to hit the farmer's market this morning, but I plan that almost every Saturday and normally end up getting distracted by other things.  

• Like 5