MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Today....Sunday.....   HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you ladies who have children.  The usual way.  The official adoption way.  The unoffical adoption way.  The "Borrow a Kid and Make a Difference" way.  Lotsa ways to be a mom to someone.  Even if that someone is no longer a child.  Mentor youngers.  Be mentored by elderlies.  Makes things go better for all of us. 

MtRider  :grouphug: 

• Thanks 3

Rested most of the day.

”A” called asking if he could wash a load of clothes.  Mom said ok.  

Then, she wanted a steak from her favorite restaurant, so, she called in our order for pick up. But “A” called again, about 5 minutes after she ordered our food, saying he wouldn’t be able to make it over for a few more hours. She called the restaurant asking if we could eat it there instead of take out, they said ‘no problem’.  We got there as quickly as possible and actually found 1 parking place left, and saw a long line of people waiting to get in. 

Mom walked up to the cashier/greeter and told them who we were and that we had placed our order on the phone.  The greeter told mom, “...your table is waiting, they just delivered your food...”. Oh my!  Now THAT’S service!  We can only imagine what that line of people thought. A Mother’s Day gift she will never forget!  Especially with all that happened last week.

• Like 5

Rained, thundered and lighteninged a lot Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Did little and stayed off the computer.  Sunday went to Church and then set up vitamins for the month ahead, puttered a little and rested.  

Today, walking and animal chores done. Laundry well under way. Eggs hard boiled for a few days, have to make oatmeal for dog's food, yellow rice for DH to go with leftover red beans. Will make Olive Garden Chicken in the Instant Pot later and since I have home made yellow rice seasoning, I will try it on riced cauliflower and see if I like it. Doing some eBay later.

• Like 2

We went out to eat Saturday...to Golden Corral...my mom's favorite place to eat.  So that's how we celebrated for her and myself.  Weather around here can't make up it's mind what it wants to do!  Our friend that went camping had the electrical plug on her RV blow so she and her other guests spent the night cold.  Guess she plugged in a ceramic heater (ok) and then used her microwave (not ok) ... all pulling at the same time.  So we did the cowardly thing and didn't go see them :hidingsmile:We knew we'd all be stuck inside (it was raining) and with no electricity, and Abby-girl with wet paws...:blah: Anyway...she didn't stay Saturday night anyway.  Said she didn't want to spend another cold night and her guests headed for their city home.  

• Sad 1

Took some things over to the homestead house, to check our mail there, water the plants and do our usual "walk around".  Abby-girl was really a stinker!  Literally!  She rolled in something "dead"? and stuck to high heaven.  So...she ate her supper outside and then we mixed up a spray bottle of Dr. Wood's liquid Lavender soap with a bit of apple cider vinegar and gave her a thorough brushing.  Then we got spend about 10 minutes in her kennel.  Then we filled our garden sprayer and she got a thorough rinsing, then a rub down, then a hair dryer spa!  She wasn't too thrilled about the hair dryer thing...but...it was that or else.  Naughty stinky girl! :gaah:

• Sad 1

Miki....how are your goats doing?  Haven't seen a pic of them lately.  My last solo goat does better than expected alone.  She hangs out with DH and dog when they go for their walks.  Hangs out with horses....the idiot big horse lets her share his hay pile.  Old nasty one ....won't.  Good thing she was already inside her high-fenced goat yard this evening tho.  Koa was in there too...they share the run-around space.  Koa WENT OFF...and I grabbed a lead thrower and ran up to see what she's doing THAT type of barking about.  Never did see but from the caliber of bark, coyote, bobcat, MtLion?  Something significant.  Goat was tucked under the shelf inside her house....waiting for her guardian dog to handle the situation. 

WE2.....ewwwww.  Stinky dog that loves to live indoors just broke the rule!  Eeeewwwwww!  :bathbaby: 

Annarchy...glad you and MIL had a good time.....and good timing!    :feedme:  

Our trip over to 'the city' worked out fine.  Saw doc and he gave the news we expected.... :amen:   Called/texted the news to family/friends.  Then trailing our way back, we stopped at the tiny place we found a couple weeks ago.....for gyros and their salad.  Ate some there and have some tonite.  :yum3:    Stopped by the vehicle wheel alignment place that DH is familiar with...used in the past.  Would have been super great to get in today but ...he has appt. for tomorrow.  [I'm staying home!]  Have to do that after all those suspension replacement parts. 

AND THEY ARE RECONSTRUCTING OUR HORRRRRIBLE ROADS TODAY.  Road equipment around here are so scarce, we call them 'dinosaurs'.  But a specialized one spent quality time on OUR little road.  :hapydancsmil:   Gee....maybe the alignment will actually hold for a while????  When they do the main road....it's going to hold up traffic.  It's used a lot and one deep HOLE had to be coned.  Of course some idiot has already run over one cone.

MtRider  .....VERRRRRRY VERRRRRRY TIRED  but :happy0203:  :amen:  

• Like 2

Goats are fine and bigger than signature photo.  LOL  My photo program won't let me re-size photos and I can't put them on large so I just don't do it anymore.  I know there are other programs but already so much stuff on lap top...  

Washed one dog yesterday and did lots of cooking.  Made phone call orders today and will fertilize garden tonight.  Slow-ish day today.

Tomorrow, we go to thrift stores, buy goat food and will wander around Walgreen's looking for clearance tags on shelves.  Daughter wants us to do that.  I don't know.

• Like 1

Did some of our regular laundry.  Got a bit behind with all the ruckus of life, but it won't go any place.  Sort of changed my routine a bit and did the vacuuming today rather than Thursday's.  I think I'll change a lot of my home chore routine's since the weather is getting warmer.  Hubby should be finished with his work project sometime tomorrow and he'll be able to pay the furnace company that gave him the "knowledge" to repair our own furnace at the homestead.  The weather was pretty nice but may get some rain later tonight, but who knows?  Didn't do any work on the potatoes.  I needed to have more pint jars and they're at the homestead.  Hubby has his hands full and I just forgot to get them last night while we were there.  Fixed some "Frito Burritos" for supper tonight, and had a little "pineapple" cake with some ice cream/cherries. We cover the burrito with queso and salsa.  I did the cake in the air fryer using one of my little corning ware pans.  Love the air fryer and my corning ware! 

101_1084 Pinapple Cake in air fryer.jpg

101_1085 Frito Burrito.jpg

• Like 4

Ugh, had a rough nite.  Unsettled stomach.  Swollen throat glands -- not good.  Finally got to sleep at 1am.  Woke at 5am and was up for couple hours.  Ate stuff to keep something in my system.  Woke again around 10:30am.  Then I felt more rested but more than unsettled.....rather slightly nauseous.  DH made some biscuits.  Had that and 7UP.   Taking all our usual herbal/nutritional to go into combat with microbes.  USUALLY that will ward off anything for us.  :darthduck:

:sigh:  HOWEVER, this is NOT a usual time for us.  :pray:     My temp is 97.5*   When I'm sick or physically strained, I often go lower in temp.  :yar:  

I'm in bed and not moving.  'Off kilter' when I have to walk.  :imoksmiley:

I have a cousin Jn coming in late tonite for a visit tomorrow and Fri.  She and her dd have a room in town near my mom.  They want to see her and ask about my mom's late big brother...their dad/grpa.  My mom has lots of pics and stories.  She's the last of the siblings, tho she has one more cousin older than she is.  Both my cousins are trying to see her before it's her time.  Jn's sister, Jo and dh came in March but Jn was sick and missed the trip.  Was nice to meet them.  And I want to meet Jn too.  We haven't seen each other since we were children and she was much younger.  [ LOL  ...still is much younger, of course....meant I played with the older cousins.]  ;)

So I hope whatever this guk is....will clear up.  Since temperature is down - not up with infection, it's likely to be all that huge post-op fatigue setting in.  :buttercup:  We'll see. 

MtRider  :offtobed:

• Sad 4

Ugh. Sorry you aren't feeling very well Mt. Rider. Probably post surgery let down.

I went to Wal-Mart today and picked up a couple of things. I really needed a little weed sprayer. Lawn guy came today. I can't believe how nice it is to have someone mow for me. One less thing to worry about. But especially good that I don't have to think about that pervert next door. I knew he was a drag on me but I didn't realize how much. 

I swung by Wendy's again for a chili and potato supper.

Next week I need to get some replacement shrubs. I did pick up some Irish Spring at Wal-Mart today. Thanks for the nudge Twilight.  :hug3:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I don't have to think about that pervert next door.

Was picturing your new lawn guy kind of in a Randy Quaid-Christmas Vacation-pool scene sort of way, but on the mower with the neighbor watching him.  LOL

Hope you feel better soon, Mt. Ricer!

I've been looking for an electric fold up treadmill for a few months now.  Have about $250 saved for a new or used one.  Got one at a thrift shop today for $40!  Checked it out and it works fine.  I'm thinking it was collecting dust in someone's house and they got tired of it.  Our room mate will pick it up for me Saturday when he goes to town to pick up out security screen door form Lowes.  Getting both is a huge blessing!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finished up the rest of that 50# bag of potatoes!  I cubed them up, fried them in the air fryer, let them cool, bagged them up and most of them are in the freezer.  Kept 3 bags in frig for our breakfast.  EZPZ!  Each bag will do us for a meal.  Hubby finished up client's job and had another call to come change light bulbs from old style to LED.  Getting a bit humid tonight.  There's storms around so it's affecting us here.  No a/c here so window, storm door screens open, ceiling fans on...and down to light weight clothes.  Abby-girl is laying in front of our little occilating fan we keep blowing toward her bed. 

101_1086.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks y'all.  I've been wondering if I picked up a 'bug' while at the Women's clinic for the Post Op meeting?  We never get microbe sick.  I'm throwing everything at it....Immune boost, REAL Vit C, etc.  Glands on R still swollen/sore.  Well I can't have mumps....had 'em already. 

Whoa Miki!  What a score on the treadmill.  :cheer:  

WE2....using that air fryer and the multipot devices...that sure wouldn't heat up your kitchen much then, would it.  :thumbs:   Gonna hafta keep an eye out, if I ever get to a thrift store. 

Jeepers.....a no perv summer! :band2:  

MtRider  ....not feeling great but not terrible either, thankfully. 

• Like 2

:imoksmiley:    YUK....I'm feeling realllly weak-lousy right now.  Waiting for DH to come home.  My pulse rate is going down to 66.  He can take my BP. 

:gaah:  NOW WHAT? 

Not a real good nite but better than the one before.  Throat gland still swollen on R side only.  :scratchhead: 

And I'm missing out on meeting with my cousin and her dd.  :( 

....prayers appreciated.  Shoot, going on an on with this.  :pray: 

Added:  DH home.  BP is within my normal low range.  Ate protein....and improving.  Ack.  Not used to being this type of 'sick'.

MtRider  :buttercup: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 5

:wacko:   We "lost" my dad for a while today.  He was and is fine....sort of.  The rest of us are gonna be in the funny farm soon too tho. 

Due to that incident, I'm "feeling better" cuz of running up the adrenaline.  That comes with a price I certainly wouldn't chose to pay right now.  Not sure how much he'll be playing his games tomorrow but I hope I'll be able to visit with my cousin.  They're only here a couple of days. 

MtRider  :sigh:  ....this life is getting a bit twisted right now, eh?  :pray: 

• Sad 1
On 5/15/2019 at 9:05 PM, Mt_Rider said:

using that air fryer and the multipot devices...that sure wouldn't heat up your kitchen much

When you don't have a/c other than a window unit that doesn't go in until it starts staying hot...one really does appreciate not heating up the kitchen!

• Like 4

Hubby took the truck in to have the new back tires put on...ouch$$$  I worked on my "rescheduled" routine of getting more laundry done.  My dryer doesn't work like it should so I can only put in 4 or 5 items at a time and "hope" that nothing gets caught in the "fins" and scorches.  I "bag" the white's and delicates but can't do that with work clothes etc.  Funny how those once "super duper" washers and dryers are really not so "super duper'.  The front loader crapped out and couldn't be repaired.  This matching dryer grabs articles of clothing in a certain fin and gets hung up and therefore scorches it so I have to watch it very carefully and certainly not put much in it.  I also use 3 tennis balls to help keep "banging" things around.  Fixed the left over ham and beans and left over cornbread for supper tonight.  EZPZ!  Nice since it's so hot. Made a trip to the homestead so he could unload his tools and I watered plants.  First thing our brat did was run to a spot and start to roll ... we were watching and told her "Abby, leave it!" and when we checked it was what was left of a bird???  Anyway I piked a piece of plantain and picked it up and gave it a toss across the fence to the ditch.  Also grabbed my 13 gallon trash bags and pulled several stems of poison ivy that was growing across the front area at the base of the raised and covered front porch.  There's probably going to be a few more that surface but I'll wait until they're tall enough for me to "bag and pull"!  I always go in and wash my hands and arms (even though I do use gloves and the bag) 4 or 5 times with a de-greaser type soap ... just in case something might have touched my arms above my gloves.  Hate to throw away gloves but that's why we buy them.  Nitril gloves.  Hubby doesn't mess with the stuff because he's so reactive to it, but Lord willing I haven't had any trouble as long as I follow the "bag it" rules.  Came home and took a nice cool shower and let the hair "air dry" since it's so hot.  The homestead house has so many wonderful windows and ceiling fans in every room (even the kitchen) that we probably won't even need a/c once we're moved.  Here...the windows are old and nearly all can't be opened.  So it's the kitchen and front door/storm screen and ceiling fans.  Hubby got the mowing done here and also at the Roost.  Now...it's time for the homestead again! He'll probably work on the van tomorrow.  It will be so good to have my Miss B home!

• Like 3

Got home safely Wednesday afternoon. 101* between Phoenix & Tucson, 99* at home.  Explained everything to DH.  After the adjusters comment, that he wanted to re-assess the damage & talk to the contractor, next Monday, I wasn’t in the mood to do much of anything. Most of the roof repair were already completed.  

Re-installed the misting system on our porch swing and barbecued a couple of steaks and corn on the cob, but I didn’t feel like eating.  

Got on the scale Thursday morning to a surprise, I lost 10 lbs.!  Now, to keep that weight off. Lol.  Washed most of my luggage, it smelled like smoke.  :yuk:  

Grrr is fading fast, we are having to wash the floor many times a day, poor baby. He seems alert and not showing any signs of pain, except when he tries to get up & walk. We know the reality of the situation..... Gunny tries to cuddle him, but Grrr doesn’t tolerate it.  

Made some french bread, for the first time, it came out rather well.  Then made French dips for dinner, using the leftover meat.  

Today, I have to go to the motor vehicle department for tags, and renew my license picture. The letter said my pic was over 11 years old.  So what? My license is good until 2026.  Maybe it has to do with the new program they are doing, to make the DL’s airplane compliment. :scratchhead:

Then, I need to stop and get some chicken food and some supplies for the house, on the way home.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

:hug3:  Annarchy.   Lose 10#.....I know well the weight loss thru Helping Elders In Crisis.  It works rather well.  Too busy to even know it's happening.  Keeping it off is the trick. 

And I know about having a dear furrry critter very close to passing while I was at my folks'.  I didn't quite make it back in time--missed by a couple hours.  But it couldn't be helped.  Glad you're there for Grrrr.  :(    Prayer  continues for MIL and The Situation!!!

I'm FINALLY feeling MUCH better today.  Still can't figure what was going on.  Low temp means it probably wasn't an infection.  The swollen glands and sore tongue, jaw..... dental problem?  Teeth don't hurt.  Don't have wisdom teeth.  :scratchhead:     And heating pad applied to the jaw/neck helped.  Along with our usual immune boost/C's.  Applied the heating pad for an hour before I went to bed and slept thru last nite.  :amen:   That's always good.  Still must watch stamina....running so low on that anyway.  We'll see.  :shrug:  

Might get to see my cousin....might not.  They went early to a tourist must-see this morning.  Haven't heard yet ....  I'll be keeping distance, in case this WhatEver is contagious. 

MtRider  ....glad ya found Abby's stinko source, WE2.   Whew! 

• Like 4