MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Update:  2nd day when I didn't feel worse.  :amen:   

Except......as of today, MS is sticking it's big fat affects into my functioning.  :tapfoot:  Usually, those affects are steady.  I've long since adapted around them.  Today, I've had periods in which I can barely walk across our small house.  One of my tests for MS functioning:  If I hold my hand out, there a lot of tremor.  Being weak from 2 wks sick can do that too.  If I try to slowly rotate my hand palm-down to palm-up......it's quite difficult.  That's MS.   I can, of course, snap it up and down with REFLEXES.  That's not quite a function of the Central Nervous System.  It's one of my 'cheats'.  A work-around....to use the reflexive motion.  :shrug:  Whatever works.  

But....bottom line, this recovery time could be a long haul.  SOOOOOO very thankful DH is NOT going to have shoulder surgery this winter.  :amen:   :amen:  

MtRider  ...this too, shall pass! 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 5
On 1/21/2020 at 8:06 PM, Littlesister said:

Also if anyone knows what this cloudflair is that I did not put on my computer that may be connected with firefox that I don't have. I would love to know what it is. Thinking it came in on a windows update. It has changed the way my computer works and I am having a hard time fixing back the way it was. Gotta love windows 10

Are you getting a message that says Cloudflare when you try to visit some sites?  It's something that'll show up when they're overloaded (if they use Cloudflare - it makes things load faster and provides some security).  As far as I know, it isn't something you can really have on your computer.

• Thanks 1

Finally...hubby got that stubborn joist in under the floor where he needed it to go! Whew!  He's also got another one up, and it went in pretty good. :cele: It's been raining most of the day but supposed to turn into snow in the wee hours.  We'll see what happens, whether he goes to work at the homestead tomorrow.

Weird...we have internet, but no land line phone.  We had this once before and they came and buried the line and put in new connections.  So what gives now?  Can't go on line to their web site either?  Oh well...we do have cell phones, youtube and facebook to connect if we need to.  Maybe in the morning it will be fixed.  If not...guess we'll use our cell's to try and call them. Just not worth it tonight...nothing they will do anyway...and if we get a lot of snow...they won't do anything then either...probably?

Finally put on the extra fleece blanket last night.  Quite toasty!  Also pulled out my fluffy fleece pj bottoms...talk about toasty!  I was able to buy them at WM several years ago, during a Valentines Day promotion.  Love them!  Much warmer than thermal's even.

Abby-girl's toenails are punching holes in her fluffy topper so we had to take it off her mattress and put down a fleece throw.  That will be quite warm for her...she's proving that right now! :laughkick:

Brother is still not talking to anybody...I truly believe he's been "traumatized" by this and needs some intervention?  Hopefully his wife will tune in before long and sense that this is not a good thing for him.

Still eating from the pantry's and freezers.  Tonight had chicken enchiladas...yummy! Had lots of shredded cheeses in the freezers and they stored very well.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, TheCG said:

Are you getting a message that says Cloudflare when you try to visit some sites?  It's something that'll show up when they're overloaded (if they use Cloudflare - it makes things load faster and provides some security).  As far as I know, it isn't something you can really have on your computer.

CW, Cloudflare now is only blocking one site that may have been infected again. Before it was hacked and down for months. It is still there and is blocking only that one site. The only thing I can think of is the new security updates from windows updates. It messed up my computer really bad. Had to redownload windows 10. Put printer and fax back on it and a lot of other things. Just glad I was able to save pictures, books, etc. Got those on a scan disk now. Computer is now working like a new computer minus the sticking keys on keyboard. May have to get an external keyboard one day.  Numbers are the worst for sticking. I do miss windows 7 as it was easier to figure out. Windows 10 is bad for trying to figure out how to fix things. 

WE2 Glad that the floor joist are going in much easier now. I guess the first one is always the hardest.

Helped DH cook collards for Market today, then came home had lunch and cleaned up kitchen. DH seems to be able to stay awake for longer periods and is just starting to do things around the house again. Not a lot but it is a start.  The other day he made chicken and dumplings and yesterday he made tuna salad. It has been a year since he did any cooking in the kitchen at home that is.  He informed me today that I need to take all the food out of the hall closet so he can fix the sliding doors. They came off the track and he has to be able to get inside the closet to fix them. So I will be busy tomorrow pulling out the food then letting him get the doors fixed and I can then clean up closet and get the food back and better organized. That will be one closet down and 2 more to go. Now that things are calming down a bit with doctor appts. and test. I can get a lot more done around here. Going to do some sewing tonight after dinner and getting kitchen cleaned back up. 

Mt. Rider sorry to hear your MS is acting up. Praying for better days soon. :pray: You have really had a rough start into the new year. Time to get better. :hug3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OOTO,  Take care and try not to get it from your DH.  Sleep at night in sept. rooms.  When DH gets sick, I sleep on couch and keep everything sprayed down with lysol as well as wash bed sheets with liquid lysol. Also I was dishes in dishwasher and add just a wee bit of liquid lysol in with them. Towels and everything gets washed with lysol. I am a firm believer in lysol. Never caught the flu or anything from him or the kids.  Try to stay well.  :pray: for you and your family to get well fast. Flu is not good either. 

Been a bit tired all day today. Don't know if it's this weather or just me. Hoping to have more energy by tomorrow. I hate when I get down with low energy like this. Though I did get my small curtains made for the cubbies that house my extra spices. Made speggetti for dinner tonight and now I am just relaxing and drinking some water. Need to get things ready for church tomorrow.  Went through my pandemic supplies earlier this morning to make sure I had everything I might need just in case. Hoping nothing comes of this corna virus.. But going to be prepared just in case. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh....that is bad news, OOTO!   :(    This year seems to be hitting even those of us who are RARELY sick.  :pray:   that you'll all be healthy again sooooon!

TODAY I actually took some laundry down the 15 steps.  Got that load started.  Returned shovel to the back of my truck and put the metal sheet back over gas can #4 before the snow we MIGHT get on Monday.  Then I slowly trudged up the 15 steps. 

Moments later I was flying back down there!  :runcirclsmiley2:  WHEW!  No, I did NOT accidentally put the phone handset into the washer with the clothes AGAIN.  :amen:  I've done that twice....when I don't have a pocket for the phone.  No, THANKFULLY I'd set it to the side of washer.  THEN I had to haul myself back up those 15 steps.  :buttercup:     Is this the beginning of strength training so I can walk the dog again someday?  Sheeesh!  

Pulling the groceries up our pulley when DH came home .....UGH!   Seems I was already wore out.  :(   Had to keep stopping to rest or I'd get kinda dizzy/light-headed.  

MtRider  ....note to self:  DON'T fly down the stairs to save phone from possible drowning....  Not up for that yet!  :shakinghead: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 1/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, The WE2's said:

punching holes in her fluffy topper

Although a seamstress I am not, I pulled out my sewing machine and had some fabric that's pretty sturdy (and pretty!) and made a "pillow" for my Abby-girl's fluffy topper.  She's loving it!  But...she always loves snuggling into something that's warm and on the floor on mommy's side of the bed! LOL

• Like 3

Everything pretty well "humming" along here and hubby's making progress on the floor joists.  He's still got a few more, and one he thinks will be another "pickle" because of it's location stubbed under the floor/wall.  I'm betting he'll get it done!  We got quite a bit of snow yesterday so we stayed inside, but it warmed up quite a bit today and the snow plows had the main thoroughfares cleared so hubby didn't have any trouble getting to the homestead and back. 

I watched Linda's pantry today and she was using her waffle iron to make some breakfast "egg waffles"....(can't remember what she called them) and I thought...hey, I bet I can make some bread waffles that I can use for sandwiches or ???  So...I drug out my waffle iron, mixed up some flour, yeast, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, oil and Nido instant milk...added some water and into the waffle iron it went.  They turned out really fluffy and thick! We enjoyed a couple of them with our beef stew supper...wanna see?

100_1376.JPG

100_1377.JPG

• Like 4

:pray: for the OOTO family.  And a special :hug3: for the little one. 

It seems like everyone I know has had some sort of virus this year. And not everyone had the same one. It really kicks butt though. Like Mt. Rider, my strength is still not up to par yet. I did lose some weight. I can tell it in my jeans. That's a good thing in a way but I think that has a little to do with my stamina issue. It will pass though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, The WE2's said:

(can't remember what she called them)

Chaffles?  I'm going to make them for the first time tomorrow.  Using almond flour.  Will see how they do.

2 hours ago, out_of_the_ordinary said:

we all already have it.

Hope you all feel better soon!

The flood insurance saga continues. Newest thing is that I have to contact FEMA and request an updated flood certification. Mortgage company says they can't talk to FEMA. I think that is not correct, which sounds better than what I want to say!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Sheeeesh.  Tonite I suggested we have DH's favorite: spaghetti.  So I stood at counter and chopped onion, green pepper, the wimpy celery, and was losing cohesion....  :imoksmiley:  BUT he also brought home fresh mushrooms so I chopped them too.  Had to make it to my bed quick!  Very light-headed. 

Later he brought up that laundry load I'd started this morning.  At first I just stood in front of the chair it was dumped into and began to fold.  Then I got my seat cane and SAT and folded.....  THEN I got back to my bed before I passed out!  Hmph!  For petes sake!  :tapfoot:  

Tried holding up my hand....oye, shaking like I'd ran a marathon.  :sigh:  Apparently I HAVE run a marathon today.  Oooops!  Obviously I need to cut back.

MtRider   :shrug:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 5

Bathing Storm was a challenge, he was yanking around, then, drying him added extra stress on my back. :imoksmiley:but, the spasms, all night, kept me from sleeping well.  Trying to keep myself from doing too much, until it eases up.  DH got me a small heating pad, I used it yesterday evening and it seemed to help. :amen:  

My ToDo list is growing.  Spring is definitely here in the desert.  Weeds everywhere and I need to turn the mulch bins and get the mulch turned into the garden.  The tomatoes are sprouting and doing well.  6 homesteads and two beefsteak already.

I had to put a rope around my spice garden, because Storm decided he wanted to smell the garlic chives, mint, & thyme, before I chased him out.  This is only day 6 with him, so, I’m sure he will learn, ....eventually.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

LOL, Storm just wants to make sure he doesn't miss smelling all the new scents at his new home. One leaf at a time.  :D.  You guys will settle down to a routine in no time. He's probably so excited to find a fun, loving, forever home. And a new brother to play with. "Somebody" hit the lottery at your house!   :wub:

Stay ahead of your back pain while you can. My heating pad is my best friend. 

• Like 1

So many having health problems.  I am just trying to stay one step above getting sick. Don't need to get sick now. So taking all the precautions I can when going to stores and other places I have to be at.  Our Sunday school teacher just retired from the social service office here. She said they always point out to use hand sanitizer when you are out and as soon as possible to wash your hands with soap and water. She was referring to the coronavirus to help prevent getting it. I can't answer for that one, but she is right where colds and flu are concerned. People do not stay home when sick and then pass It to others through contact in stores from baskets, doors, etc. And always try to keep your hands away from your face when you are out. Even if you are wearing gloves, the germs from opening doors and handling carts are on those gloves and can be transferred to your mouth and nose. 

Prayers going out for all of you that are having health issues.  Please take care and get well soon. Spring will be here before you know it and you all want to be well for spring planting. 

• Like 4

Nuttin...but cooking, washing dishes and cooking and washing dishes and cooking and washing dishes.  Me and Abby are going out tomorrow with hubby to check on the Roost and then to the homestead for a bit.  There's still quite a bit of snow on the ground and what's melted is a muddy mess. 

• Like 2

Glad you had a good day on your anniversary, LilSister!  :balloons: 

....mmmmm,those waffles look good, WE2!  :yum3:    Praying your Mr is able to get that next problem joist in place safely too!

Well.....I'm watching carefully how my energy is going today.  Y'all know me....the analyst.  So I think I've got some things figured out.  JUST LIKE when I had to figure out MS when it first began to really affect my life. 

One thing is confirmed today.......after 4-5pm, I'm going to have to count any activity as DOUBLE COST from what I'd count same activity in the morning.  I believe this is what was happening yesterday.  Unfortunately....that's the exact OPPOSITE from my usual.  Usually my best energy is in late afternoon and evening.  That's always when I walk the dog, etc.  I get a lot of stuff done during that time frame.  Apparently I'll have to schedule things differently until I get back to MY normal.  :buttercup:  

AND....everything is going to cost more energy for ....a while.  So if I can normally do X, Y, and Z without much drain on my system... NOW I'll have to do X, Y, OR Z......to keep from spending all the energy I have.  :sigh:   

"

Talking on the phone......will have to be counted as an Energy Expenditure.  :wacko:    I actually talked for hours on the phone yesterday.  I always talk to my mom at night.  But I also talked to THREE other friends.....all happened to call me on the same day.  Yeppers....that's gonna count as energy drain -- tho I love talking to friends.  Sheeeesh! 

I did better today but had sudden drops in energy this evening.  That's when I figured out that "double cost" factor.  It's hard cuz DH is working today thru Tues.  So I'm kinda stuck with what I can personally accomplish.  Wanted to eat a salad...ended up with a sandwich === cuz it costs me less energy to create sandwich rather than salad.  Hmph!  :tapfoot:     Oh well.  This too, shall pass. 

MtRider ....thanks for prayers, y'all.  I haven't been this "fragile" in ten years.

• Like 4

My normal certainly HAS changed suddenly due to this illness making me severely weak.  My normal has been slowly changing during my aging in the past 5 years too....but I've kept up with that more gradual change.  I do, however, expect to return to THAT normal once I recover from the weakness.

MtRider  :shrug: 

• Like 4
On 1/25/2020 at 8:09 PM, The WE2's said:

Everything pretty well "humming" along here and hubby's making progress on the floor joists.  He's still got a few more, and one he thinks will be another "pickle" because of it's location stubbed under the floor/wall.  I'm betting he'll get it done!

DH and our carpenter friend changed out four floor joists in an attempt to raise the head-knocker joists on the newly expanded stairwell. I have a few joist brackets to take back to Home Depot. Can't afford to have the carpenter standing around scratching his head on how to accomplish that tight squeeze. I have some drywall repairs to make after the kitchen is done. Not a biggie. I just buy the drywall mud in the dry form, by the bag.  :24:  I'm using either the 20-minute, the 45-minute or 90-minute depending on which project they want me to fix. It's not easy staying ahead of them.   :grinning-smiley-044:

The kitchen will be far enough along the end of this week to start cooking again. I'm surprised I still have my sanity after all these months.  :imoksmiley: Our carpenter only has two days left and then he goes in for major surgery. He's such a sweetie to give us six days a week to make sure our sanity will return while he's away.  It worked great for all of us. He didn't have any work at the end of the year, and we certainly needed help. Usually we have to schedule a year ahead to get his help. God is good. Our friend can feed his family and we can stay out of jail from not killing each other.  :hapydancsmil:

P1040607.JPG

• Like 3

Looking great, Homesteader!  Inspiring too.

Happy anniversary Littlesister.  DH & I are working on 38 years, doesn’t seem that long ago, lol.

Our neighbor, that had that pine tree cut down, came by yesterday and offered us a bunch of wood.  We have to cut the branches, but it will give us enough for the fire pit for, at least, a year.   Yes, God IS good.   :amen:  We filled the back of the UTV twice yesterday, and will go back today & the next day, until we finish the pile and clean up the area for them.  Ack!  I can’t believe how out of shape I am!  My hands are arthritic swollen this morning.  Nuts!  Just gotta keep on, keeping on, we need to get it done.

The boys (Dee-oh-geeze) are out playing.  Storm is learning “Shhhhhhh” means quiet!  

We will need to be extremely vigilant with him around other people.  He almost bit a customer yesterday.  DH said he missed by an inch.  With all he has been through, we think he was afraid we were going to give him away.  Sigh.  The water delivery man comes tomorrow, I will have him leashed and introduce them.  Then, later, the person who drove Storm across TX is scheduled to come for a barbecue.  (Ribeye steaks, as a Thank you for going out of his way, to make sure we got the dog.)  Then, Wednesday, we’ve scheduled DH’s friend to come over.  He helped Gunny acclimate when we first got him.  Hopefully, that will settle Storm down, God willing.  We don’t need the liability of a vicious dog, at all.  

Time for me to work on my ToDo list.

Hoping everyone has a Fantastic day.  
:bouquet:

• Like 2