MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Kappy, check with your car insurance on the windshield. Ours will pay for that. We have state farm. 

Today we had breakfast and then went to BJ's for our 3 month trip for bulk items. Had gotten all my coupons from BJ's coupon book for what we needed and matched them with the manufactured  coupons. Bought paper towels, trash bags, DH wanted a rack of ribs for tomorrow nights dinner. yes he must be feeling better.  What we got was a load full but not really for preparing for the coronavirus but things we get every 3 months anyway. though we did get more paper plates than we would normally get and doubled up on some things. We go through a lot of glasses on a daily bases and  I had been planning to buy some plastic cups for taken our meds. So I decided now would be a good time to do that. Not much in the line of food as we are good on that now as I bought the things I needed for things we have already. But did buy some butter for the freezer as a back up and some eggs. DH made egg salad yesterday and he wants to make some deviled eggs and I might pickle some as well. We got 4 dozen of them for $2.49.  Not a bad price for 4 doz. extra large eggs. Got some Advil as that is the only thing that helps the pain in my side. Doc. says it is muscle but what am I doing to cause it is beyond me. it is in between the ribs. Ouch.  We also got our propane tank filled for the grill.  We keep 2 of them filled at all times. One in use and the other for backup. Now we are good to go for 3 months. 

A bit of a warning. While inside BJ"s wholesale, DH and I both noticed that people are now stocking. DH  got an eye opener today as he stopped and talked to a couple of people. He is now understanding why I do what I do.  There was this one woman that had a huge cart full of nothing but toilet paper and water. DH said that was a bit unusual. Maybe she thinks that's all she needs. And maybe she is already stocked on the other things she might need. Everyone's needs for this will be different depending on where you live. I base mine on what it is like in hurricane season and how many people live in a 50 mile radius from us. But now with the town being dumped on us and no end in site. They say we have well over a million people living in the area we are in now. So we do extra precaution for just that reason. Others that live further out in the country and in areas less populated will have different needs. 

• Like 1

Drove to spend some time with step mum and let hubby make his list for the "honey-do's" that she wants.  She baked some of our favorite...brownies with nuts...for a treat.  I enjoyed a cup of coffee with mine and hubby lemonade...while we sat at the kitchen table and just visited.  She's started setting some things back...and hubby cleared out under he bed (she had some boxes under it) because she wants to put some food under there.  I suggested that she go to Aldi's (or?) and take advantage of their little "flat boxes" and she can mix or match canned goods, slide them under he bed and pull them out if needed.  Hubby installed new flooring in her house so there's no carpet for her to have to deal with.  Should be EZ to slide under and pull out.  She has arthritis really bad so has not much strength in her hands.  

Came home and I took advantage of my pantry!  Fired up my oven and made one of my "Ugly Chicken Casserole"s.  Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post...maybe I only saved the pictures?  Oh well...here's what it looks like and hubby said "this is a keeper!".

87864591_910913339439042_8510946887841349632_o Ugly Chicken Casserole1.jpg

87885277_910913376105705_3263970528423051264_o Ugly Chicken Casserole2.jpg

• Like 5

our local Kroger had a sale on primal cut (loin) they cut our favorite steaks (NY Strip) from.   We don;t mind a little meat cutting in the kitchen, so today we cut up two loin cuts, then a 10 lb ham (also on sale for $1 a pound), and as long as I was` meat processing re-packed bulk packs of chicken to meal size packages. The turkey thighs were already single-packed so we just froze those after over-wrapping.  That Kroger is the only area store carrying turkey thighs, so we figured as long as we were in there we may as well get some.  

On Mon we will go get more beef - the price was right and we don't know what supply disruptions are pending so we keep on preppin''.  

• Like 5

WE2 you are making me hungry and I just ate dinner 3 hours ago. 

Kappy, I had forgotten about Kroger here. It is only about 10 or 15 minutes away from me. I will have to go check mine out. Though I don't need anymore beef. I have at least 40 quart and pint jars if not more that I canned. Chicken, fish and turkey might be on my list to get. We don't eat a lot of pork but I do have about 15 one lb. packs of bacon. 

We stayed home today and I finished getting the small bathroom that deep cleaning I was trying to get done several days ago. Opened the window in there to air it out as well. It has been a bit cold today but was still able to open the window for about 3 hours. That is a very small bathroom and needed a good airing out. I used bleach and I don't like to do that when DH is home, but today I did and part of reason I opened the window on a cold day. Felt good to me. I was hot. 

DH got his pork ribs for dinner tonight so he was happy. We didn't cook them on the grill this time. I used the oven grill as I don't want to use our propane if things go south with this coronavirus. Saving it for emergencies for now. I am thinking I should go ahead and fill our 3 gas cans as we do have a very small generator. It won't run the freezer or the fridge. But we could use it to use the crock pot and other things. Hoping it won't go that far. Thinking tomorrow I if I get the chance I will go through the chest freezer and start pulling some things out to see what is on bottom. I need to do that now and then. Thinking of getting some more canning done next week just in case. I want to finish clearing that freezer out. I have the fridge freezer almost empty now. So time to move some meat into the fridge freezer anyway. I feel like there really isn't anything else I can do to get prepared.  Need to get the rest of my water containers out and start looking for a manual pump for the well. DH was talking about that yesterday but I need to get him moving. He did go get a haircut this morning as he got to thinking he might not be able to do that down the line. Guess I will be learning to cut hair. Mine is long and I just pull it over head into ponytail and trim the dead ends off. Last time I took 2 inches off. Not so sure I could keep it strait if I tried for more. I might go get mine trimmed back up and get some shape to it  again before anything happens. 

• Like 2

I still haven't plugged in the new computer yet. :pout:   Just not in the mood to fool around with it. 

I had to go pick up some meds at the grocery store. At least I have a new three month supply of Rx now. I did a little bit of shopping while I was there. I was stunned. All of the shelves were packed. And not just faced out either. Plenty of everything. I noticed the prices were getting higher too. I got some more canned goods, toilet paper, water and stocked up on jello. I got five pounds of black beans and ten pounds of great northern beans. I'll can ham and beans and can bean soup from the great northern. I really need my canner from Indiana. 

• Like 4

Guess I will be learning to cut hair. Mine is long and I just pull it over head into ponytail and trim the dead ends off. Last time I took 2 inches off. Not so sure I could keep it strait if I tried for more.

Littlesister, I cut my DH hair for years with a clipper, it is easy as can be.  Later I cut a few other fellow's hair, too.  Very basic cuts, but the price was right!!  If you use the small guard you can trim unruly moustaches, too.  Many short haired men I know cut their own with clippers - its that easy.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I was stunned. All of the shelves were packed. And not just faced out either. Plenty of everything. I noticed the prices were getting higher too.

I noticed that too!  Unexpected!

• Like 3

I have to agree, prices are climbing and I think a lot of it is because of supply and demand and some is just plain price gouging. But the gas prices are coming down. I cannot answer for other states but the shelves here will be empty again after first of month when the food stamps and snap shoppers come out. Don't even want to be in a store the first week of any month.

I've cut hubby's hair since we got married.  I watched our hairdresser very closely several times when she cut his hair, and then we were "game on".  He was very satisfied and said "I'm not paying 15$ ever again for a haircut baby!"  As for myself, I also cut my own.  It's quite long but not as long as it was 2 weeks ago.  I watched a video on cutting layers and cut about 4 inches off mine and then did some layers.  Now...wish I'd left the layer thing alone and just let it hang.  I'm still wearing it in a pony tail most of the time...just don't like curling irons.  BUT... it will grow again and I'll just let the layers grow back out like I did the last time.  It's still about the length of the lower part of my shoulder blades in back.  I 'll just keep it trimmed until the rest catches up!  Live and learn :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Did some Aldi, Menards and $Tree shopping today.  Needed a few items to tide us over until the eagle come flying by!  Then went to the homestead to work.  Hubby moved about 15 boxes of books from the main room upstairs into the "library"...temporary until we get the other bookcases moved there.  Moved the big EdenPur up there.  Shouldn't be needing it anymore for emergencies downstairs.  I also dried some laundry.  Hubby had to build himself a little "dolly" with wheels because he needs to get under the crawl space to remove some junk and re-attach the exhaust hose from the water heater...it was loose~!  Anyway...he'll be able to put the stuff in his little dolly (it's only about a foot or so deep with wheels) and roll it out to the basement area so he can get it outside to the trash.  While he was working on that...I grabbed my loppers and went outside and trimmed some little tree sprouts that were trying to grow up around our ornamental windmill, where I have my Egyptian Walking Onions growing.  Got me some Vitamin D the natural way!  Me's got the gardener's itch!  THEN I went into the kitchen and acted like a monkey!  I climbed up on the counter/stove area and scrubbed one side of the kitchen cabinets out and then wiped them down with alcohol...and then put in some temporary shelf liners.  There are 5 shelves on each side so I still have another side to go.  Then it will be time to tackle the lowers and the drawers. Got up all by myself but hubby had to help me down! :24:  Just don't like ladders for that reason...I can always climb up, but down is another matter...figure?  Came home and fixed us a chicken pot pie.  Still getting meals from that chicken I put in the slow cooker.  Love glass storage bowls etc., they keep my foods so good...and of course my canning jars are great for keeping foods in the fresh.  Sprinkled some more crushed salt along the side of the house under the kitchen window where those little "P" ants like to trail.  It's about time for them to begin.  Rather than fight them with DE, ant bait etc., I was told they won't mess with salt in any form so we went to MFA and picked up two 30# bags for about 5$ a bag each.  Much cheaper!  If it rains I just go sprinkle some more!  It's only a 10 ft. stretch or so that they trail, so I'll give them all they want...IF they want to try and cross it!  Pitched another load of laundry in a bit ago so I'll go with hubby tomorrow and get it dried.  Want to get the laundry all done before hubby goes to work for step mum.  I can take my camper van etc., and take laundry over to dry, but he'll only be working 3 or 4 days and I can always string up a clothes line under the carport if I want...or take my van. Just not a big issue to wait.

• Like 4

DD and I are sick again.  I thought we were past the flu we had at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb,  just not feeling 100% yet.   This past week has been very stressful and no one here has been sleeping well.  Last night, whatever this crud is hit us both.  I didn't think we'd come down with something again already.  :(  

• Sad 3

Beautiful day!  Hubby went ahead and took the laundry with him to the homestead and pitched them in the dryer.  He needed to do some lumber cutting etc. so I didn't want to just be sitting around waiting on him (he was using a friends cutting table) when I had things I could do here.  And I did do...scrubbed the bathroom floor and the dreaded toilet!  NEVER again will I put down white floor tiles with texture!  The homestead's bathroom will have the whitish floor vinyl but you can be assured NO texture/design of any kind! 

Hubby finally got the fitting off the top of the homestead's water heater...it was a stubborn cuss...and he was a bit concerned that it would break off and we're not ready to replace a water heater.  When we do it will hopefully be in a couple of years and we'll put in on demand.  More expensive to buy up front but much less expensive to operate.  Just have to keep them cleaned out on a regular basis.

Opened some windows, turned on a couple of ceiling fans (turned the heat off) and enjoyed to fresh air!  Had to do everything in reverse though because it's getting down in the upper 30's tonight.

• Like 2

Can't wait till we get another nice day to be able to open windows. They say we are going to have a very bad season for allergies. That is not good for anyone.  Won't be able to open windows when the pollen starts falling. Everything around here will turn green yuk. All over windows, cars, everywhere. Will have to get DH back on his allergy meds in another month or two. 

WE2 sounds like your and DH are getting it together soon. I know it has been a long time coming but the end sounds like it is getting close. 

OOTC, you were suppose to stay well. Hope the two of you get better soon. :pray: for a fast recovery. 

DH and I went to Kroger as he forgot to tell me he needed some things. So decided since it had been months since we went there, I would pick his stuff up there and then picked up a few more items. Bought some chicken breast to barbeque for this week. haven't done that in a while. Came home and had lunch and then started working around the house. DH decided to come to office to play on computer, so I was able to bleach out the kitchen sinks. Don't like to do that when he is in house as he has asthma. Bleach is one of the things that can set him off. Hard to bleach things in winter when he is home. But he did well staying in back of house.  Got to go help him cook collards for market tomorrow morning. So that means my day will start about 5 am. Then I need to come home and get laundry done. Will be getting a late start on that tomorrow. But I would rather do it late than to tell the market we can't do it tomorrow. That pay day is nice. Collard cooking has fixed a lot of things around the house.  It has paid for air conditioner, the driveway and porch, and so much more. Now we are building it up again. Will be adding our tax money to it this year when it comes in. The next thing on my list to get fixed is the fire place. it is not in the best of shape. Hopefully before next winter it will get done. We still use it but not the barn fire that DH likes to build. It's a good size one. I want to have a pot hanger put in if possible so I can use my cast iron pot in there to cook soups and stews over the fire. DH started feeling cold and could not get warm and went to bed around 6. He thought he was running a temp. But it was normal. he does that sometimes. He's up now watching tv. but he is doing better though he is tired. 

Later everyone. Going to get ready for bed now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmph.....I slung a lot of gravel/dirt onto the top lip of our driveway.  These past 3 days have melted a lot ....but refreeze at nite.  Thus slinging grit to prevent shiny ice that is so treacherous.  :imoksmiley:  Now......it's snowing.  :sigh:  

MtRider  ...but forecast says a quick return to above freezing days....  :amen:   B)   :amen:  

• Like 2

dropped back by to see if there were any canned veg on sale at the local :poor persons' store"s...found Lbbys brand veg for 52 cents a can, walmart is 78 cents.  So  I got some more.  (another 24 cans, 8 ea  corn, beans, peas).  Have to start checking there more often.  Brand name items cheaper than wal mart I am interested in at least checking out.  No meats from there tho....there meats are all 'select' grade not choice...too tough unless I want to can them of course.

We had some of the strip steaks we cut from the primal cuts bought at Kroger -  they were excellent so we will get more tomorrow before the sale is over.  

Also found a half price item at Walgreens I have been looking for...a frame to put :arms' on the toilet to help us stiff folks get up & down more easily.  Much cheaper than buying a higher toilet (and we hate the raised seats thingies).  It will come in handy for bad arthritis days...  Picked up  a few baking tools at Dollar Tree....plus a couple more screw lid plastic storage jars, 2 qt size this time.  Nice for sugar, coffee, etc.  I have half a dozen 4 qt size, a;ready that i use for flours.  i need cannisters that will deter bugs, and screw tops are more secure.  

Still working on finding sources for reasonably priced preps....the only resale shop I have found so far was not terribly large, mostly clothing.  Maybe in the next town over....

While I was gone Mary started tilling the garden areas we recently cleared out...good thing too, the local nursery has early veggie plants in already!  :cele:

• Like 3

After Church, yesterday, there was a surprise dinner for everyone attending. Surprise since a freezer door was left open and the temp was at 34 degrees when found. So we cooked chicken and made chicken and dumplings, thawed some cakes and side dishes. Cleaned up and left at about 1:30. Came home, relaxed, and then at 5 pm made dog food to cook over night. Roaster and large slow cooker.

Today--have two pressure canners going with 14 quarts of dog food and still have the large slow cooker to run after this is done. Have changed light bulbs in my bath room, done laundry and have sheets and blankets going now. Called in prescriptions for DH, tightened handle on skillet. After I get the laundry finished and the next canner going, I think I'll relax a bit.

Have a good day!

• Like 2

Miki you deserve a break after all that.  We didn't go to church yesterday as my bones were hurting so bad when I got up. Does that once in a while but it didn't have to do that on Sunday. Couldn't get it together yesterday. But did later start cleaning the kitchen and got the sinks bleached out. 

Today went with DH to market to cook collards.  Then came home and started the laundry which I am still working on. Both machines are going right now.  Went up in attic to take a count on all paper products.  All good there. Looks like my preps are not in vain after all. Got the paper towels and toilet paper separated and on each end of the attic. Have Kleenex, baby wipes, and table napkins as well as powdered laundry detergent (5 buckets) that I made up before having surgery on my hand. That's not counting what I have in shed and garage. Several ways of cooking and my wheat grinder is up there, Will get that out when I start making bread from the wheat that I grind. Looking at getting a couple more of propane tanks but DH would have a fit. He already thinks I'm crazy for what I have and he doesn't know half of what I have stored away. He is only ok on food. Can't make him understand why you need to have water stored. And that includes hurricanes which he knows what can happen as It happened to our daughter who lost city water for 2 weeks. He discovered my 50 year canned water I bought over the past 6 months. I have 144 cans of blue water is the name of it. Pricey but last for 50 years. Still need water for cooking, cleaning and washing up. He will get over my madness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, kappydell said:

a frame to put :arms' on the toilet

For my first husband, during his last years, I just pushed his walker up to the back of the toilet tank, and he would back up if he needed to sit, and use the handles to get himself back up.  Very handy even for standing.  I've saved all of his walkers as well as the ones my mother had.  Never know when one might need them!  When I injured my back I was sure glad I had one to help me heal...as well as a pair of "loft" crutches.  Even bought another pair at a yard sale a couple of years ago so we'd both have a pair if we needed them. 

th?id=OP.Em%2B9G8tX2pVgYg474C474&w=160&h

• Like 2

Hubby started laying out the plumbing so he would not have to mess us something/parts when he ran the lines permanently.  Making progress!  I pretty much just hung out other than cleaning up our big Berkey and putting in another set of filters.  Back flushed them a bit ago because they still wouldn't filter...:gaah: The came with the Berkey we bought from a friend who only had it for about a year...so they may have just dried out.  I'm confident he didn't do anything like wrapping them in plastic wrap or something? Anyway...we do have a new set but really didn't want to use them (they cost over 100$ a pair) in case we needed to start using the other smaller Berkey that we have stored at the homestead.

Tomorrow we're planning to go to Amish country and pick up a few items that I need to re-stock...and if the one store still has toilet paper, paper towels and dog food I'd like to stock up more on that.  I also need to stock up on more paper plates, bowls, cups etc., as well as plastic ware.  Don't want to use water washing dishes if we need to shelter in place.  I have quite a bit in the travel trailer and some in the camper van and a tiny amount at the homestead.  Just want "more"! :) We're also on our last big container of Vit-C 1000 and ran out of Echinacea this morning.  I have the Echinacea leaves for tea etc., (and I also grow some) but we take the capsules from "NOW" brand.  Much better (in my opinion) and cheaper at one of our Amish stores than at WM.  Also opened my last one of Magnesium...gotta have that for restless legs as well as relaxing "me" so I can get a good nights sleep.  When you "live out of your pantry and freezers" for three+ months you need to re-stock when you can.

• Like 4

Spent time on computer and out in the driveway.  Had only 2" of snow last nite but still....the WIND was blowing it into drifts.  The top of driveway that I've been raking and slinging grit onto is in good shape after today's sunshine.  But down a ways....warned DH he has to have some speed in that section.  Nothing I could do....hard ice and I had no where to dig up dirt to spread on it.  Might have to bring a couple sled loads down there tomorrow?

Noticed that our huge icicle is shrinking in the warmer weather.  Hasn't crashed and scared the dickens outta me yet.  :rolleyes:  Had to add dirt/grit to the 'causeway' we walk on under porch.  My mini-dams are being overflowed there....trying to seep under the garage door again.  I spend the winter putting slushy sand/grit/dirt in various places......it's HEAVY!  CARDIO WORKOUT, for sure!  Wonder if it will raise my "good cholesterol"???  Just survival in these mountains.  But I AM pleased to note that my strength/stamina is improving after being so sick!  I don't get the awful tremors so easily.  :amen:  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

Resting today.  Yesterday made another run to Krogers to get more of the beef loin primal cuts to cut our own strips steaks.  got more turkey thighs, and found boneless skinless chicken thighs on sale for 88 cents a pound so got some of those too.  Then to walmart...what  a mob scene.  Folks are stocking up on the oddest things, and there were empty shelves in some spots.,  Good thing we are not starting from scratch but pretty much prep constantly.  Ended with a; stop by the local garden center - they have early veggie transplants out - got collards, broccoli and romaine lettuce, along with some bulk seeds (50 cents an ounce) for snap beans, okra and cabbage.  He stocks cheap bulk seeds for the market gardeners, and though choices are a little limited the cultivars should be pretty well acclimated to this area.  Cheap enough to be worth a try...

Schlepped it all in the house in the rain, so today, after cutting & packing meats, we were lazy and rested.  Now watching the election news, just for laughs. We plan to check often to see new transplants as they come in...his are the best we have tried.  

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 1

Didn't get to do a lot today as ended up taken DH to doctor once again. This time to an urgent care because didn't want to go to ER. His elbow was and still is very swollen size of gulf ball. With fluid in it. Very hot and red. So off to the urgent care. Turns out to be inflammatory Olecranon bursitis. No pain as he can move it around with no issues. But at least there was no infection. So ice packs it is. It is still swollen tonight but not hot and red. See's his primary care tomorrow to look at it. He might want to drain it. 

Went to shed and got all of my 5 gal. water jugs down from loft. They are still sitting at the door in shed because we have a neighbor that when I was taken them from garage to shed she came running over and asked to have them. Of course that was a big fat no. Told her my daughter is on community well water and they sometime loose water and she gets these to fill up and take home so we need to keep them. going to pull them out later when she either is not home to see me taken them to house or wait till after dark and tonight I am to tired to get them to house. Water will be one thing we will not be dolling out to anyone if we loose water as we won't have enough for us if we did that. DH was going to look into hand pumps for well but this mess with elbow changed his plans. Maybe later this week we can do it or better yet just order one on line. It's a shallow well I think about 35 ft. down. But not sure if that deep or not. Also need to buy a hose that can be used for food grade use. Camper supply should have those.  

Ran to store to buy fries as I was to lazy to make my own. But I think that will be the last trip to any grocery store. Going to now start using my stocks up. Hoping it will get us through a few months without going out of house. distance from others now is going to be put into place. Can't take that chance at our ages. 

• Like 1

Went Amish shopping.  Nice...week day, no crowds, just a few people buying what looked like "regular" foods and some Mennonite's picking up some of their wanted items.  A full day trip, but both coolers were filled and lots of sacks! LOL  Bought a bit more than anticipated, but that's not unusual for us when we go to those stores.  We know that whatever they have may not be there next time.  They did have one more large case of the Sam's Club paper towels so we snagged it!  I told hubby..."it had my name on it so they set it aside!".  They had several cases of the Sparkle brand though (which I'd use as a LAST resort!) and picked up another case of TP.  They had several cases of that.  They were out of tortilla chips though, so we'll pick some up at Aldis.  Re-supplied my shredded cheese stock as well as American Cheddar sliced cheese. I divide that up into about 1 pound bags and freeze ... without pushing to hard on the bags!  Picked up another 30# bag of dog food for our Abby-girl.  That should last her a very long time.  We keep her "stash" in a construction plastic bag and down inside a galvanized metal trash can...and just scoop out about 4 pounds into a bucket to keep in the house.  Also picked up some of their candy bars...10 for a buck.  And...they had Italian frozen sandwiches for 50 cents...so we bought 20 of them and put all but 3 in the deep freeze.  Hubby can take them in his lunch this next week.  We can also stick them in a cooler if we want to go picnicing etc. 

Needed some breakfast potatoes to add to the freezer so they had 5# bags of tater tots.

Then it was off to another store where I picked up some of the Vitamins etc., that I needed to replenish.  We were out of Echinacea and I wanted more Tumeric.  I make our own Tumeric capsules that hubby takes daily.  Also picked up several bags of already made granola.  EZ on me!  I'll vacuum seal it in half gallon jars where it will be safe.  This way I don't have to bust out any of my rolled oats to make my own.  Just about time to make more yogurt though.  We've been eating oatmeal but switched to granola with yogurt for a bit.  We love oatmeal but we have to add so much to it (raisins, cinnamon, grounded flax seed and some other goodies)...and when I make granola I put all of this in it...as well as the raw pumpkin seeds. We get the best of all worlds!  

Hubby says he's just about ready to hook up some water lines! Yippee!  I mentioned that if we had to head for the homestead what in the world would we do for water...he said "I'm just about there".  He's put shut offs just about every where a line might need to be shut off...and then also in the house under the sinks, the shower and the toilet.  Safety!  Hate to have to shut the whole system down for one repair...been there done that!  He's also do some "engineering" on the water heater so that when he gets ready to replace it...he won't have to shut any of the water off.  We'll still have plenty of water...it will just all be cold. Good thinking hubby!  

Time for me to get myself washed up and into bed for a little bit of reading before bed time.  It will be an early rise to get him on his way to work with his lunch cooler in hand!

• Like 5

Went to eye dr for eye issues this morning..  He found so much deterioration, he told me to come back in two weeks for additional testing without dilation.   Went to work, but once I had everything but paperwork done, it was a waste of time with those dilated eyes.  Supervisor checked with Google and found I might be fuzzy-eyed for another few hours, so she sent me home rather than see me get a headache from squinting. So had DS1 pick me up to bring me home. DS1 and I found ourselves doing "not me, not here, not yet" things.  We ate out breakfast and lunch.  I had my hair cut.  Got home, started shower, found no water pressure.  Good thing I'd paid extra to put the well on the home warranty.

Do you put a tiny bit of black pepper in his turmeric capsules?  The piperazine in it makes the turmeric vastly more bio-available.  He can take a lot less that way, while getting a lot more out of it.

• Like 2