MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Granny hours were moved to comply with the towns new curfew.  Nice thing about grannies in this rural area is lots are armed....some prep friends lived next door to a 96 yr old who slept with a 45 under her pillow.  They warned us not to go tromping thru her yard at night or lead would be flying!  Gotta love those fiesty old ladies!  She recently celebrated her 100th!

• Like 5

WARNING  :gdtmi: AHEAD

I got up raring to go shopping "one last time...again" and had the heartbreak of diarrhea. Anyone remember that commercial? Anyway, I'm stuck here at home using up my valuable TP.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Hopefully, as Ambergris says, "This too shall pass." Quickly, so I can get errands run. Stores I want to visit are on the other side of town and I'm more scared of my own body than I am of other bodies right now. Crimony, if it ain't one end it's the other. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I haven't done Walmart pick up or delivery yet. Not sure if I will. Still have to sanitize every item and counter once you receive it.  Do you all use it?

Decided to get extra hard dog food for all pups at TSC this morning. About the normal busy--not very-- and they had everything I needed. Also got a small roll of chicken wire for garden use, if needed. Came straight back home. Going to mark garden in back yard for tilling this week. Already marked for front yard where I had it last year.

Went for my walk this morning and more stores are shutting down in my tiny town. One can't walk into drugstore now--stand out front and they bring your RX out to you. Not sure how they do payment.

Going to start a loaf of no knead oat bread today.

• Like 3

I haven't done a Walmart pick up in the last few weeks, but I usually do about one per month.  I order it online, I park and they bring it out to me and load my car.  I usually love it.  I'd have to say it was no more germy than me going to get the items in question.    Most of the stores that do payment out front have a card swiper that looks like tablet or an attachment on a tablet usb port.  You just swipe your card and it debits like normal.  A lot of the smaller places I normally shop use that anyway.  

• Like 4

Thanks for the extra roll Kappy. Much apperciated.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I finally made it out. I had planned to go to three stores but ended up at a few more. First I went or GFS. They were very well stocked for a small store. I got the spices I wanted and #10 cans of tomato products. They had Nickles whole wheat bread for $1.00 a loaf. I got two. Bread was the one thing i haven't been able to find for over a week. They had everything I wanted so I didn't have to go to Sam's Club. I'm glad of that. I really didn't want to go in there because it's so big I knew I'd be exhausted by the time I'd finished shopping.  

I drove past JoAnn Fabrics and decided to go in. I wanted some flannel for 'family cloths'. The place was very busy. Kind of surprised me. I was about the 15th. person in line and all five registers were open. Until this very minute I didn't realize I probably could have gotten it at Wal-Mart. 

I went to Wal-Mart and got everything I was looking for except for eggs. Not an egg in sight. Shelves and refrigerator cases were getting empty though. A guy was spraying down the empty milk case. I've never seen that before. They had plenty of baby wipes. The Equate brand is bundled in 5 packs. I got two of those. They also had bars of Irish Spring soap. They were bundled in 6 bars (I think) to a box. I got three of those. If I don't use it son will. Or I'll put it around the yard for pest control. I saw some Lysol laundry additive. I don't know what it is but I wanted some. I took two bottles up to the register but there was a limit of 1. I didn't know that. She told me to go out and come back in for another bottle. So I did. 

I was thirsty so went to the Dairy Queen drive thru for a Pepsi. They no longer take cash. Credit card only. They had a hand held device and you put your card in and take it out yourself. No one else touched it. And she wore gloves. It was nice. 

Then I heard on the radio the governor was on. We are on lock down starting at midnight. Only thing open will be grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations. So I swung by the drug store for more canning jar lids. They have a lot of them left. Both regular and wide mouth. 

I went over to the ATM and got my daily allowance. Then I remembered I needed an out side light bulb to replace the blown out one in the yard. I don't want it dark around the house now for sure. So I stopped by a different drug store that was near the ATM. Got the bulb. Probably paid more for it than I would have at Wal-Mart but CVS was closer. I found some gloves there too. Nice ones with an extended cuff. They were in the diabetic aisle. They only had one box but I bought it. Also some peroxide. No alcohol. I went up to the register and didn't have my purse. Oh what an awful feeling. It was in the Jeep. I knew then it was time to go home. 

A very productive day. I think I have everything I need and probably then some. I'll only venture out now if I want fresh fruit and veggies. 

• Like 6

I like GFS too, Jeepers. I go to one in a nearby (50 miles away) city usually twice per year for stocking up. I buy all my spices there. They also have good deals on things like pecans, dried cherries, etc. They will also do orders, and sometimes if the store hasn’t had an item in stock, I have had them order it for me. And they are normally not very crowded, which is nice too.

• Like 2

IF you can find them, alcohol wipes (sold to diabetics, usually near the testing supplies) are the untimate "wipe" and individually wrapped....maybe not too many folks have thought of that yet, lol.

Our governor ordered medically fragile people to STAY HOME....dept of health will issue rules on how they can access services, etc.  Fortunately he defined medically fragile quite narrowly and I can still go out, but we'll limit it anyway to "granny hours".  Garden is growing nicely, picking fresh lettuce.  Planted it back in Dec and it came up slow, but it sure is nice to have right now as a special treat!  also picked up Kroger's order this afternoon.  Nice to have plenty of eggs again; they gave me two loaves of bread because they did not have the kind I originally ordered.  

I am whiling away time compiling recipes from Mrs S and writing articles for the backwoodsman magazine.  They had one this last issue that I forgot I wrote, on "how to network".  I have one on re-using plastic bottles in the works now, just need to take pics to sent in with it.  Also went to PT today and they worked me hard.  I am beginning to see results, which is gratifying...it is getting easier to do things.  Asked if they were going to continue PT and they said that post surgical patients were considered higher priority than others so they do not backslide and un-do whatever it was the surgery had repaired.  OK by me, its working.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 6

I let the animal shelter know that I’m not going in to volunteer for a while. Feels too risky for me to be going in even with all of the precautions they are taking. They are trying to get as many animals into foster homes with the thought that at some point volunteers won’t be able to go in at all. I’m waiting to hear if they need me to foster a dog. 
Stopped at Costco to pickup a food saver...and there was a line! Never seen that at my Costco before....and they had two Sheriff’s trucks outside. I decided to go the Target right by Costco to see if I could get one there cuz I did not want to stand in a line just to get inside. Well....Target was sold out of food savers...none to be found. Unbelievable. So I went back to Costco and got myself in line. Turned out be a good thing. While I waited my 20 minutes a manager was walking up and down the line reassuring people and said there was a second truck that showed up with....guess what?! Toilet paper and paper towels! Lol! Serendipity..... I decided to some because oldest son hasn’t been able to stock up on anything because as a Lyft driver his income has dropped to almost zero in the past two weeks. He has applied to a bunches of stores who are looking for overnight stockers, is delivering for places like grub hub and also applied for a special driver task force Lyft is creating to give drivers a way to make money.

i got an email from my district that they’ve decided we need to figure out how to create a way for our preschoolers to continue their education....so tomorrow we’ll have an online meeting to figure out how to get materials into the homes. The idea being teachers will create individual packets for the week for families to come pick up at the school site. And doing videos where we are reading stories/doing songs for the kids to view. This should be interesting.....

03DA4CFD-FCB6-422F-9D90-A9359FBD5BCA.jpeg

67131FDA-E093-416B-806B-BA21E13A38E7.jpeg

• Like 7

We are all OK, so far. Just going about our daily lives with a few added stresses. We're staying home. Haven't been anywhere since March 18 when DH and I went to town to get Mom's medicine at Walmart.  We got the vitamins and other supplements that I ordered. I got an email that my Fllmore Container order of can lids has been shipped. DH was cutting up some logs we were given for firewood and cut through a nail and broke 5 teeth off his chainsaw chain. He'll have to order one online. I don't want him to go to town. He says he's going to the gas station about 15 miles away and fill up the gas cans again. He has been filling up the tractors and lawn mowers with gas.  He wants to get onion sets too. We have gas closer, about 7 miles, but they are getting their pumps replaced that they won't be operating for several more days. 

I was straightening up the "pantry" in the basement and was pleased to find two bottles of hand sanitizer that I din't know I had.  DH planted some radish and lettuce seeds in the greenhouse last week. It's time to start a bunch of things. It is SO wet here, there is now way we can plow the gardens. The yard is too soppy wet to mow and the grass is growing.

Everyone stay safe.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Daylily said:

DH was cutting up some logs we were given for firewood and cut through a nail and broke 5 teeth off his chainsaw chain. He'll have to order one online. I don't want him to go to town. He says he's going to the gas station about 15 miles away and fill up the gas cans again. He has been filling up the tractors and lawn mowers with gas.  He wants to get onion sets too. We have gas closer, about 7 miles, but they are getting their pumps replaced that they won't be operating for several more days. 

I was straightening up the "pantry" in the basement and was pleased to find two bottles of hand sanitizer that I din't know I had.  DH planted some radish and lettuce seeds in the greenhouse last week. It's time to start a bunch of things. It is SO wet here, there is now way we can plow the gardens. The yard is too soppy wet to mow and the grass is growing.

Everyone stay safe.

Yep, work around the house is a sanity saver.  Chainsaw Mary bought extra chains for her chainsaws, and extra gas for saws and genny if we need it.  And we too have had the pleasant surprise of finding hand sanitizer that was stashed.  Thinking ahead and prepping will pay off I think in the days ahead.  Mary now goes into stores if we need something (or if our shelter in place friends do, we always ask them when we are going into town);; I remain in the car to monitor our purchased items (we go to multiple places) and keep the firearm handy, as I wait and watch for her to come out - she feels I am an at-risk person due to surgery 8 weeks ago, so I am the "safety overwatch" dept, esp since she knows I will not hesitate to do what needs doing if something hits the fan.  I still have that law enforcement checklist in my brain....danger? check... proximity?  check.....imminence? check.....alternative options? check.....check field of fire?  check.....after 26 years its probably pretty ingrained, LOL.

• Like 5

I have been cleaning all day. Washed clothes and somewhere along my outings to the stores I had stepped on someone's gum. It was on bottom of shoe. So had to put on gloves, spray the shoe down and just leave it outside for a couple of days. That Oxivir dissolved the gum. That must be some good stuff. It will kill the coronavirus so that is why I sprayed the shoe down. Got the shoes washed and sprayed them again. People just don't think when they spit gum out in parking lots. I will be watching where I step from now on. 

Cleaned our bedroom, dusted and washed sheets and blankets. Then sprayed down the bed and pillows before making bed again. I am being over cautious but can't take the chance. Used the sanitize on the dryer as well. Got the cabbage soup I canned yesterday put away and was going to can some more water but didn't get to it, so will do that tomorrow. I can only can 7 jars at a time. Still got to finish filling the water jugs as well. I have 12 more to fill. That is a job. Five and  gallon jugs are very heavy. Got to go unpack the spouts for those jugs. I have them packed in a container in shed. So just need to reach in and grab the box. 

We have now been told that all schools are closed for the rest of the school year.  And anyone 65 or older are to stay home. All this starts at midnight tomorrow. So tomorrow will be my last trip out. Our RX's are ready so will be at store about 6 am. So will pick up a few things while I am there. I was thinking about Walmart but not sure I want to make that trip. Will think about it. But thinking I can get everything at the one store. Don't need paper products but if they have anymore Clorox wipes, I will grab those. I have been using them on door knobs and door bell as well.  Went across street to get mail and wore gloves, then cleaned and sprayed down the mailbox. I hate that my box is across the street but that is how they set it up. We cannot change it without the permission of the postal service. Been there now for over 50 years. 

• Like 6

A science teacher at our community college was working at a facility where they were testing...and came back home and is now positive and in home isolation.  Almost everything is closed down for sure now.  Restaurants are drive through, order and pickup only.  Only essential businesses are allowed open and must maintain distancing.  Hubby did have to go to Menards yesterday, (so I went with him) to get some plumbing supplies, and they have big black "X"s of where you're to stand when you are near a cashier line.  They have cart wipes, one per cart, when you enter the building.  They had paper towels, limit of two, for 79c a roll.  Was very pleased to find what I was searching for...in the paint department! Those big boxes of disposable paint towels, and those rolls of blue heavy duty paper towels that mechanics often use.  We bought two boxes of the disposables, and several rolls of the blue towels.  I can use them in the kitchen, rinse them out and re-use them...saving the regular paper towels for things that need to be food safe etc.

I did get to put in some solo cups with seeds in the kitchen window at the homestead...two each of lettuce, spinach and one with tomato plant seeds.  Can't wait to see those little green heads start popping up ... wish we had more sunshine!  Also have 5 sweet potatoes in another window, hoping to grow slips to plant.  Also have my potatoes spread out in cardboard boxes so they can sprout just a little and I'll cut where I want, and then let them dry even more.

When we got home, hubby backed the truck in under the carport to keep it close to the back door, because we had some of my canned goods under the cap and the neighbors across the road at the homestead are nosey, so we wanted to back into the drive there and take my goods in the back door.  Well...the truck sounded like it had marbles somewhere where the engine is!  So...loaded everything in my van, got stuff over to the homestead, so now he's having to drive it.

After he finished his work for the day he went to the homestead and started clearing out a space in one of the three garage bays, so he can work on the truck.  We're both praying that it's something he can repair, and will need to be sheltered and able to lock the truck up at night when he leaves to come back here.  

The customer/friends that he's doing the work for...he nearly always eats out...now he can't.  Wife isn't well, but she did fix him something to eat.  So...I cooked up a big batch of beef/noodle/vegetable soup and hubby's taking it over to them for their lunch tomorrow.  Called to make sure he could eat (he's diabetic) it since I do use beef stock and noodles.  Got 3 quarts, so will take them a quart.  That should make a tasty lunch for both of them.

Son called and woke me up this morning at 5:30 am!  :mornincoffee: To tell me the state was now under a shelter in place order unless it's family, essential stores etc.  Guess he was getting a bit spooked?  

I'm taking Vit D  every other day or so with my breakfast since I'm not getting out...it's rainy and cloudy.  Was only taking it once a week, but there's no sun even if I did get out!

Hubby took Abby-girl for a short walk when he came home.  Poor baby...you know it's bad when she goes and nuzzles her leash and looks at you begging.  Her yard is nothing but a mud pit (even though hubby keeps her biz picked up) and she just doesn't like going out in it.  

When I planted the seeds etc., I had planned to take the van and her and go to the homestead to take care of some things.  But now hubby needs it for his work.  We're doing fine other than the truck issue. 

• Like 6

Mom is here.  They brought her perishables, anti-bacterial dish soap, (yucky smell & allergies, I’m hoping never to have to use it.), a package of TP & a roll of paper towels.  

Yeah, things are upside down here, it’s a small house.  Limited space, I gave up my bed, but refused to give up my only kitchen chair.  It’s one of the only places I can sit comfortably and I need to sit when I’m working in the kitchen. Or reading.  I gave her the chair/stool instead.  She’s uncomfortable, DH is uncomfortable and I’m trying to keep the peace.  :pray:  

I normally do not watch the news or any TV, but, with mom here, the TV is on a lot. Good grief!!! Honestly, I had no idea how crazy things are out there.  DH keeps up on thing via the internet, but hadn’t said how bad things are.  And, then, there’s replays of football the rest of the day.  Today the news said our governor isn’t issuing a stay at home mandate.  

I spent the day, putting the food up, they brought from TX, then, emptied his suitcase and put it up.  Made corned beef and cabbage, had to get a head of cabbage, because the 1/2 head I had in the crisper, had a little black mold on most of the leaves.  Feeding my 89 year old MIL, I didn’t want to take any chance.  The guys at the market went in ‘back’ and brought me a head, because the cooler only had lettuce.

We are limiting our customers.  100’s of calls asking for the same thing.  We all are carrying.  Yup, even Mom.  Lol.  We don’t need someone doing something stupid, especially with her here.  Customers are directed to the back yard, business is conducted on the back porch.  Money, debit cards, ink pens, and chairs are wiped down with Lysol.  Everyone seems to appreciate our caution.  Big dogs stay in the house with mom.  The pups don’t appreciate not being able to see/smell the people coming over.

Nice to see everyone hanging in there and staying safe.  I have been wondering....

• Like 7

Gotta make this quick cuz it's 2AM.  :groooansmileyf:  My schedule is messed up.  But I took at deep-sleep nap from 5-7PM.  :buttercup:  That's not helping.

DH got up early and left me out of the grocery run today.  The stinker!  Anyway, all went very well.  Grocery was rather bare.  He was able to get mushrooms, bell peppers, etc in fresh veggies.  Some bare places in that dept.  Said it was a pre-hurricane look in canned fruit/veg aisle.  Nada.  No milk or eggs.  Got my mom's bread.  Got her green olives only cuz she'd mentioned a while ago that she forgot in her bulk shopping.  She likes them so I put them on her list.  DH got the last 2.....and she was delighted with the surprise treat.  UNFORTUNATELY, she tasted one and reported to us tonite:  had to spit it out.  Jalapeno.  They don't DO spicy.  DH might end up with those.  But he also got the other surprise: the last two single-serving frozen lasagna.  I know she's getting tired of her own cooking so this gives her a little break. 

Moved on to Walmart...originally going there for garden seeds.  Plenty of Burpee so he got a big handful.  I would have gotten more but we'll stop at local feed store and check there.  Walmart had most stuff.  He was allowed to get a 5 dozen package of eggs for us and a dozen for "his in-laws who can come out to shop".  Otherwise - one per customer.  Got milk for both of us.  Only had in gallon size so my mom had to pour half into another container.  She can't lift the gallon.  Between the two stores, he was quite successful and dropped my mom's off to her without incident. 

Also dropped off a package for my dad's belated Bday...card and CHOCOLATE. Made him happy tonite when he opened it.  Package for my mom...two puzzles.  Defeat boredom!  She was so glad not to have to go out for groceries.  Oh...I just thot...since they aren't picking up their mail, they should call the electric co. and pay by CC over the phone.  I think he can pay medical ins ....  Bet they haven't thot of that... 

I am feeling better!  Now taking a huge amount of buffered, powdered Vit C.  AM and PM.  It's working!  :amen:   I only coughed x2 today. 

MtRider  :hapydancsmil:  ....but I DO wish it would stop SNOWING! 

• Like 7

Went for my walk this morning and saw the hardware store getting a plant delivery. Walked home for money and then walked back and picked up 4-6 packs of sweet potato starts. Stopped and got a few more seeds-squash and bok choy. Came home and shot eBay photos for the drafts I wrote yesterday, started laundry (only one load left to do today) and transferred my overnight rise dough to the pan for it's last rise--then will bake it. Took a shower and now messing around for a bit. We will see what the day brings!

• Like 7

Just hung around with Abby-girl until hubby got home from work and then all three of us got in the van and went to the homestead so I could do a little "shopping" and water the solo cups with seeds. Shoulda saw us going down the road with Abby-girl in the front with me.  Hubby's got all his tools in the van's walkway.  Jeepers...make a mental note!

Friend who used to have a car/truck mechanics shop called and hubby described what he was hearing with the truck.  He's supposed to stop by tomorrow late and take a listen.  We just had the transmission replaced so it may have a bolt or ??? that worked it's way back out and is clattering around in the pan???  If so, it's under warranty. That would be a lot easier for us...hopefully the shop is open.  It may not be with all this crud going around, but if auto parts stores are considered "essential" wouldn't mechanics/repair shops also be considered essential also?

Got a message from my step mum.  They have their first positive in her county....which borders our county.  :pray:

• Like 6

Went to store to pick up RX's and picked up a few fresh veggies and some butter. They had told me a few days ago that the store was now opening from 6 am to 8 am for seniors and the pharm. would be open as well. Got there at 6 and not opened yet. They opened at 7 and the pharm. at 9. But when I went back it was not senior nothing. Everyone of every age was there. So I got the veggies and butter and then came home and waited awhile to go pick up RX's. Then went to Food Lion to see what I could find. Both stores was almost empty.  It was like having Thanksgiving, Christmas and a hurricane all at the same time. No meat, hardly any frozen veggies, can goods almost wiped out, and no paper nor cleaning products. Don't know when they will be restocking again but I won't be going back. I am good for maybe 3 months without leaving the house and by then the garden should be coming in and I can start canning from the garden.  Got 10 lbs. of potatoes to can tomorrow. 

Talked with my granddaughter for a bit. She got the boxes of food I sent her. She managed to get 2 weeks worth so with what I sent her they should be ok for at least 30 days. Her DH had to report back to work at naval hosp. yesterday. They released all the patients and he is now testing people for the coronavirus. 

• Like 6

Today I felt good enough to ...... :busted: ....overdo things.  Got a lot done tho.  ;)   Started with vacuum.  Then washed hair/shower/dried hair.  Like it shorter....how long will it be when hair cut places open again?  It grows so fast/thick.  

Sorted laundry and DH started dark load #1.  I went down with dark load #2....with my coat cuz got slime on the sleeve.  So I stripped bed [finally] and threw in sheets too.  Load #3 was top bedspread and pillow covers.  Load #4 was two blankets.  Down comforter was draped across chairs on porch for sunshine and airing on this windy day.  Wool blanket was hung on line for same.  Laundry is down/up 15 stairs....how many times?  DH went to get the last 2 blankets from dryer....didn't trust my legs for that one.    DH and I also sorted canned goods.  

DD2 called tonite to tell me they have a tsunami watch from the 7.5 earthquake [or less, varied reports] off the Kuril Islands [Russian but near Japan too].  NW way across the Pacific.  As we talked, they canceled the watch.  She was about to come unglued with one more thing happening.  Her friend lives at an altitude of about three feet from sea level....literally.  Has elder parents and two small children herself.  Glad for cancel!!!  DD2 is also getting tense for their small [closed] business.  Boys will go to school thru laptops but she's not sure their Internet will hold up to both of them.

Been long day and with the dust from taking all my bedding out to wash or hang....I'm coughing again.  Yep, it's dust.  Not getting sick again...Noooooooooooooooo!

MtRider  :offtobed: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 7

Today is my first day of being home from work, on my work rotation. “Slept in” for 20 minutes before the menagerie reminded me I was late for feeding. But it was an odd night, full of weird dreams and wakefulness, so I don’t feel well-rested.

Fed the menagerie, collected the eggs, fed the DH, and started some laundry, Need to sort through food preps today and do some rotating. Also need to clean AGAIN. It’s mud season here. It is a constant thing. I could mop every day and still not keep up. Mud season bizarrely started mid-winter this year and continues. Climate change. :blush:

• Like 5

Today I’m actually going back to work (no kids...but will be social distancing in the classroom with my aide). We are now considered essential workers. Yesterday we had several hours of online meetings to figure out how to create some sort of educational system at the preschool level...we decided on creating a weekly packet of activities to be picked up by families when they come get their lunches the district is providing and teachers are going to do a circle on video (songs, stories, etc) for the children to view at home. This will be interesting...I have no problem doing all of this in front of 3 year olds...but for some reason the thought of doing this in front of a video camera....well just not thrilled.

• Like 7

Was going to start canning the potatoes this morning and I forgot to go to shed to get the jars yesterday. It was pouring down rain early this morning. So the potatoes will  now become an afternoon job. No biggie but did want to get it done early.  Might wait till tomorrow morning. Will have the potatoes ready today and put in water in fridge till tomorrow.  Will see how things go.  DH just got out of bed. He couldn't sleep last night. To hot to cold, couldn't settle down and get comfortable. So he played solitaire all night and then came to bed at 6 am. He will be napping off and on during the day today. So that has also slowed my morning down a bit.  So going to do some more dusting of rest of house. Bedroom got done the other day.  And yes it was very dusty in there. As soon as I can get the clothes line cleaned up and the weather starts turning warmer, Going to start getting the windows cleaned, curtains washed and blinds washed as well. Got new blinds for the bathrooms I haven't had time to put up yet.  The old ones are starting to fall apart and I am tired of trying to fix them.

• Like 6

The bread I made turned out great yesterday. Smells so good baking!

Took my walk this morning, stopped at hardware store and grabbed 12 tomato starts and 6 jalapenos and a small bag of fertilizer. And a small bottle of OJ for the carnitas that are in the crockpot.

Going to start some cherry tomatoes and some rosemary today and finish the carnitas, also eBay drafts and photos.

I'm getting itchy to start the garden!

• Like 6

Had a doctor appt this AM.  We were offered choice of telephone or in person, went in person so she could look at swollen ankles.  Very bad since surgery, so she has ordered a battery of tests to try to figure out the cause. Staff was suited up from head to toe and she chided us about being vigilant with masking. I am going to step up my dieting, trying to lose the 10 lb I have gained since surgery, and would like to lose more if possible.  Time to skinny down; tired of not being able to shop the sales rack because I am plus sized.  Glad I got hair cut extra short - hair places are all closed down, we have curfews, the works.  Only venturing out during granny house, masked & sanitized, to get meat tomorrow AM early.  It goes very, very fast so I am not ordering for pickup in 3 days, only to be told "oh we ran out..."  Rather just go in and find that out so I can make substitutions on the spot.  

Garden is coming along - picking lettuce now, kohlrabi is getting big.  Still eating on cabbage picked from garden when we re-planted those rows in spring.  The garden fresh heads last much longer than the who-knows-how-old store heads.  Loving the coleslaw!  Thinking it is time to make Mary some creamed cabbage & kale on Friday as a lenten treat, over mashed potatoes.  

• Like 7