MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

My folks got to doc today...wearing the masks I just had DH drop off.  After following my advice  [really?] and keeping his legs elevated yesterday for hours, they didn't look too bad.  Toe wasn't black but the nail had to be taken off.  It was nearly off anyway and doc thinks a new nail is coming in.  Has to go back tomorrow for a check.  Start on antibiotics.  Maybe he'll keep his legs elevated more now....til he forgets..

THANKS for prayers!

MtRider  :amen: 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, kappydell said:

Tonight as we watched 'the voice" our neighbor called.  "go look up in the sky".....there are bright lights in formation.  they look like satellites, but there are 12 of them, which is a little much.  Military maneuvers?  12 of them is very biblical.... maybe one of the heavenly signs reminding us to look up?  Do the three days of darkness loom up on us?  Im inclined to think military formation headed somewhere from north carolina marine base.  We shall see....or we shall never know.....but it IS odd.

I heard there is a string of satellites that are visible at this time. 

• Like 1

Abby-girl and I stuck around the house today and hubby did the usual.  Worked at the homestead during the morning hours and then his customer this afternoon.

Still fairly cool during the day but freezing at night. 

So far my seedling experiment is hanging in there.  From what I'm seeing around our country, I am very glad we bought up so many seeds when Dollar General was clearing them out at a penny a pack!

So far our state is doing pretty well and our city is doing excellently.  "Father...I thank you for strengthening our walls and securing your banner over our city...in Jesus' name...":pray:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, snapshotmiki said:

I heard there is a string of satellites that are visible at this time. 

Yay!  Question answered.  SpaceX launched 60 of them, they look like a string of pearls now, but as they climb they will spread out and disappear.  For communications, internet was specifically mentioned in the article.  OK!  TY snapshotmiki (you notice I got it right this time, LOL)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today, I had rough day....felt all-over dreadful but it's the 2nd day since all that physical labor dealing with the stove on Sat.  1)  had to clean the oven first.... :blush:  WAY bad.  Looks nice now.  2) moved stove out to unplug and discovered all the drips/spills of the years that get between stove and cabinets.  We both spent a LONG time scrubbing that...two cabinet sides and two sides of stove.  Goo-Gone cut the grease best.  3)  Replace oven element.....SHOULD have done this more delicate operation BEFORE we got seriously exhausted.  My hands were sooooo trembling that it finally took both of us crammed into the oven to hold one part with needle nose pliers [me] and force screws in [DH] {yeah, someone ought to have a pic of that!  - never mind Miki! } 

Only two screws...what can go wrong?  The screws go onto tiny plates at the end of "free-wheeling wires", for one thing.  Try to tighten the screw and the other side bends...and screw doesn't go in.  :gaah:  Took 4 hands to do it all.....and DH's bad shoulder didn't quite reach so it's strained now.  The screws are bringing the 2 tiny copper plates together - two plates per screw.  And no -- there can be no loosening of those screws - no electric arc!  They had to be very tight.  FINALLY got it done and DH has had the oven in use ever since.  :yum3:  :cook:  

Yesterday we were both very sore in muscles from odd positions in and around the stove.  Today, that's easing off some.  But my fatigue is way up.  Normal with MS.  THEN I immediately had two prayer requests to send out thru church email.  Kinda got them mixed up.  Two similar names and my bleary brain.  HIGHLY UNUSUAL since I'm super careful when I send them out.  :(   So I went back in to send a clarification/correction....and there was another to be sent out.  Only one had to do with COVID....a FIL in nursing home, 97yrs.  :pray:  Then a couple hours later, the subject of the first request [chronically very ill...pray for Cindy]  had sent requests for her mom [now in hospice] and her sister [ diagnosed terminal]. 

:o  Suddenly sore muscles, FATIGUE, and temporarily scrambled brain....and "the folks".....didn't seem quite so bad.  :pray:

.....been snowing all night/day and into tomorrow morning.  Oh well.  ANYTHING is better than wildfire!   But we didn't go sub-zero as they predicted.  Maybe only down to 8*  -- same tonite, I think.  

MtRider  .....Springtime in the Rockies!  :frozen:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Oh My We2. You 2 are just too cute! Thanks for sharing.   :wub:

Satellites; or maybe the 'satellites' are really flying saucers, that let the coronavirus loose on us, and they are flying back to their home planet. Or maybe not. 

:tinfoilhatsmile:

• Haha 3

Posting at same time, Jeepers. 

Does launching 60 sound like a LOT of satellites???   :scratchhead:   Be a traffic jam up there!  Bet that was an interesting sight tho, Kappy. 

MtRider  ....just don't bang into the satellite I currently use for Internet!  ;) 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Posting at same time, Jeepers. 

Does launching 60 sound like a LOT of satellites???   :scratchhead:   Be a traffic jam up there!  Bet that was an interesting sight tho, Kappy. 

MtRider  ....just don't bang into the satellite I currently use for Internet!  ;) 

Maybe if they bump ours, it'll work better....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Heading into the office today, with a mask on, so the IT people can remotely access everything.

My brain is getting tired of everything.  I'm retreating into fantasy lands more often in the form of video games, and that's probably not for the best.  I should put parental limits on myself so I can't overdo it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
16 hours ago, kappydell said:

TY snapshotmiki

You're welcomed!  I had read about it, but apparently, I should get outside and see them!  I think it should be clear tonight.

Busy, busy day today, so far.

Went to local grocery and Dollar General for DH.  Did precautions when I got home.

Then--made rice to go with dog's food, made Chili (with chicken), made coleslaw so DH can have chili dogs with slaw, hard boiled some eggs, did one load of laundry, took my walk and then made a Loquat Upside Down Cake from loquats given to me by neighbor.  I'm done!

• Like 2

DH was having a down day today. He just wasn't feeling well. He didn't sleep well last night and his balance is off a bit today.  He was upset because he has not been able to help with the heavier things around here. I keep telling him he just needs to be taken care of him and not worry so much about things I am doing. I can understand his frustration as he has always done a lot around here. Yard, garden, painting, anything that needed to be done he did it and now it is all on me. He is getting weaker and it is really starting to worry me. 

So today I really didn't do things I wanted to do. I did dust and clean the blinds as having the windows open they were a bit green from the pollen. But it sure was nice to be able to air out the house. Need to get the curtains and drapes washed soon also. As well as wash the outside of windows. Though they were washed the green pollen has stuck to some of them. Just need to hose them off this time. Wanted to get the back patio cleaned up and power wash the cement but timing isn't right yet. Moore rain in morning and colder. Just wish it would start warming up so I can get all the outside stuff done and concentrate more on the garden. Just seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done I need to do. 

And this having to stay home and not being able to go to a park or anything is getting old. I think if I could get DH out of house and out somewhere for some fresh air and relaxation, he would feel much better. I am thinking maybe of packing a lunch tomorrow and taking him for a ride through the country roads Maybe in the early  afternoon after the rain has stopped. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

packing a lunch tomorrow and taking him for a ride through the country roads

Great idea for both of you! It was wonderful for us to spend our Easter celebration out in the fresh air.

• Like 1

Was hoping to maybe get something done outside today, as my knee is a bit better. NOPE. It is cold and windy and *S*N*O*W*I*N*G*

:gaah:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Was hoping to maybe get something done outside today, as my knee is a bit better. NOPE. It is cold and windy and *S*N*O*W*I*N*G*

:gaah:

Sounds like a good day to cook or bake something!

Dehydrated sweet potato slices in the oven for dogs, took my walk, planted lettuce and garlic in lick tubs and peas and watermelon seeds in garden. Picked suckers off tomato plants. May go out and weed a little.

Easy and beautiful day outside!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Sounds like a good day to cook or bake something!

Dehydrated sweet potato slices in the oven for dogs, took my walk, planted lettuce and garlic in lick tubs and peas and watermelon seeds in garden. Picked suckers off tomato plants. May go out and weed a little.

Easy and beautiful day outside!

That it is. It is a good inside day. Have a big spiral sliced ham in the oven, along with sweet potatoes. Gotta love after Easter sales. I will package the leftovers and freeze them and we will be eating off this monster ham for ... months.

I need it to warm up so I can build another raised bed in the garden. And so I can plant. I am just itching to get into the garden!!

:lois:

• Like 2

I won't be planting any containers until after the last frost...which looks like another week.  Haven't been over to the homestead to check on the potatoes etc., but it is what it is.  Hubby's been working full days to get the current job done and then Friday we're going to slip away to Amish country and see if we can replenish some things we've used during this "mess" our country is in.  It's not that we "need" it necessarily, but we "need" to replace what we've used just in case this thing lasts longer than anticipated...or....

Ya'll know we just don't normally like ground turkey, but we bought several packages for less than 2$ and I turned one package into "sausage crumbles" and tonight I made what I'm calling "Turkey Balls" :24: with Noodles/Alfredo and garlic bread.  Very tasty indeed!  I used Montreal Steak seasoning in the meat...couldn't even tell it was ground turkey.

Finished folding and putting away a load of laundry a bit ago so other than sayin' hello here...I'm done for the night.

PS...they were baked.

100_1493 Turkey Balls-Noodles Alfredo-Garlic Bread.jpg

Edited by The WE2's
added verbage
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Didn't feel well today.  Not sick but MS FATIGUE!  Hmph, it's not a scheduled day for that!  :tapfoot:    ...... :rolleyes:  Not that I can predict that specifically but ......no, I wasn't expecting it like a Second Day after heavy activity.  

Took slight nap but phone woke me up.  LOL  It was my mom saying the phone woke her up and since they hung up and called again, she thot it was me.  Didn't tell her she woke ME up too.  ...Wasn't me.  :grinning-smiley-044:

DH, Dog and I went to walk in the Nat Forest.  The sun was supposed to be out today......before we get SNOW again.   So we were trying to take advantage of it.  Kinda part-time sun/cloud.  Less windy at the Forest so that was nice.  Sure do save gas when there is no where to go except around the corner to the Forest. 

MtRider   :pc_coffee:  

• Like 4

We saw Space X’s Star Link, last night, MIL got to see about 20 of the satellites.  She hadn’t heard about it, but enjoyed the show.

I had to harvest a few beets that were starting to bolt.  I need to blanch and freeze them today.  

Took mom to her bank, a two hour drive.  Got her out of the house for a bit, and she enjoyed seeing how quickly the “city” is spreading out across the desert towards our little town.  

Nice to hear everyone here is staying safe.  

• Like 4

Just checking in. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and often comment in my mind!

Our weather right now is sunny, chilly and very windy. We are staying busy, working on the deer fence, sowing seeds, plowing and tilling gardens, paying bills, listening to church via Zoom or FaceBook, watching the birds, working jigsaw puzzles, memorizing Bible verses, studying the Bible, praying, keeping in touch with friends and family by phone and email, cooking,  etc. That about sums it up!  Stay well!

• Like 6

Pretty much like everyone else...staying inside.  Hubby did work again most of the day since he's taking off tomorrow.  We're going Amish shopping to replenish what we've used. Hopefully they have tp and pt...just hate the thought of having to go to WM for either!  It's not that we're out.  I just want to replenish what we've used.  

Weather is fair during day but cold at night.  Supposed to rain after midnight.  I guess quite a ways north of us they're getting snow and expecting more???

Even though I've got several seed pots going, and only a few that have germinated, I'm still planning to stop at one of the Amish stores to pick up some of their plants.  I like them and know that they're pretty "clean".  I'm not sure if I should put them in the other mini-green house with it's zippered cover.  I think they'll be fine since it's not getting over 50'ish during the day and freezing at night. Sure wish we had of had time to build a cold frame...but it didn't happen.

Our "wonderful" governor extended the stay at home thing until May 3rd...unfortunately there's going to be a rally on his door step in a few more days.  He's scared of his shadow and trying to earn browny points in an effort to get re-elected to a post he only stepped into by default.  Ourselves...we understand being cautious, but it's going a bit too far when there's not near as many infections and deaths as most of the other states.  We checked the county where we're going shopping and they've had ONE diagnosed this month, and they've recovered.

We're seeing a lot of run-a-ways in the news though, in different states.  These kids are just not used to being cooped up without their friends etc. :(

Abby-girl's fur can't decide if it's supposed to be a winter or summer coat...can't hardly keep up with the shedding!  We're brushing her like crazy with her "glub" but you can still see tiny hairs peeking through the other, longer hair.  Looks a bit rough.

Put on a beef stew for supper in my electric pressure cooker.  Nice...the meat was frozen.  Just put it on bottom in some sesame seed oil, added some chunks of potatoes, some carrots, some green beans and tomatoes...some Montreal Steak Seasoning (I use that stuff alot!) and had supper ready in an hour.  When it was done, it went to "warm" so that's where it stayed until supper time.

• Like 3

Never got to take DH out riding through country yesterday. It was cold and wet. The dampness would go right through you. So didn't want to take the chance of him going out in that. Going to try again in a few days. We are back to cooler weather and frost again tonight.  This is what happened last year and we lost most of our garden and had to replant. This time we are waiting till first part of May to plant. We have the seedlings growing now. So far the tomatoes, onions, broccoli and some others are coming up in the seed cups. 

Today I went to Harris Teeter to pick up Rx's for DH and they have put a limit of 30 days on them. Said they now have to ration the medications. This is not good.  I was able to get his blood thinners for 90 days, but the other three was 30 only. Blood pressure and fluid pills. I am going to check into this from other drug stores to see if they are doing the same thing , or if it is just Harris Teeter.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3