MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Jeepers grabs her stuffie and her fluffie takes the pillow, turns on the fan and pops in the video. Life is good. :offtobed:

Still waiting for the elves to pop some corn and bring a big glass of sweet tea. They must be running late today. Haven't seen them anywhere. :scratchhead:

:coffeescreen: Silly elves are making cookies down at Keebler's today. Hope they share some with you.

I'm having a BAD MS day....which isn't horrible. Just a lot of internal quiver & tremble. Some external [visible] shaking. Muscles tighten without reason. Slightly black-out dizzy. :imoksmiley: But mostly feels BLAH & YUK.

:scratchhead: Return from trip has been confusing. Couple BAD initial days was as expected....then next 5 days better than expected. Now two days back to what I HAD expected. :shakinghead: Now how am I supposed to plan to do things if I can't figure out when I'm gonna get the affects from the trip?????? :tapfoot:

MtRider ..... :rolleyes: ...not that I can ever reallllly predict, but this IS a bit odd. Not getting to my folks today either... :offtobed:

Been on the road with DH and now in our hometown for our 40th class reunion!!! Looking forward to visiting with old and dear friends. We've already reunited with two brothers, a sister and sister-in-law and run into three other friends from various phases of life while out doing our rat killing. Now back at home base (brother's house) and kicked back recovering from the oppressive heat. Making plans for more visiting with family and friends ... and food. First time in a long time DH and I have had a day or two to ourselves. We're having fun, just hanging out and holding hands in the mall. #oldfolksrule

:sSig_thankyou: Gonna party like we're too old to party like it's 1976!!!!

Got my visit to the pain clinic finished. As expected, all they wanted to do was shots. When I declined, they gave me a list of 'other' possibilities:

1. Lose weight (doing it anyway...)

2. Do your exercises (the ones they showed you in PT)

3. Take tylenol (ironically, THAT works better than the oxycodone!)

4. Go to a chiropractor (it depends on if insurance will cover)

5. Go see a 'pain psychiatrist' (oh Lordie.....no way.....)

So now its on me. OK, bring it on. Oh, BTW I did hear a GOOD story from someone taking those pain clinic shots....they worked. The bad news....it took them FIVE YEARS for it to work! I have graciously been granted thirty days to change my mind. Don't think I'm going to. Five years is way too long to wait (though I am very happy she finally has relief. Hope it lasts.

(((((kappydell))))) I had a series of shots in my lower back. #1, helped a little. #2, worked great. #3, made it hurt worse, but eventually eased the pain. When I injured my neck, in a car wreck, the doc shot the full dose in one shot. Hurt like the dickens at first, but it was working by that evening.

DH is waiting for our primary care doctor to schedule an appointment with a neurosurgeon. He's getting frustrated because of all the time they are waisting to get it done. He wants to get it over with and get on with his life without all the pain he is in. Finding him on the floor and not being able to do anything is frustrating for me. BTDT and I need him to be able to take care of me. I have had to step up and do everything around here, since his back/neck began hurting. Not good for me, but I don't say anything, because I don't want him to worry. Catch 22.

Going to stay out of the heat today, finding things to do in the house.

When DH's back went OUT last spring, I was in the same situation, Annarchy. :unsure: Wait....I'm not supposed to be the strong one around here! :faint3: Now tho, we're back to 'normal'. Hope Kappy gets relief. Hope MrAnnarchy gets fixed up.

Not a great morning but not as bad as the past two days. Tomorrow we have to HURRY outta here for meeting some folks. Oye! With physical stuff, sometimes it's simply not up to me as to how fast I can get moving.

MtRider :shrug:

Sorry to hear about all of the pain going on here. :hug3::pray::hug3:

My arm is much better today. I'm sure the worst is over. It was worth it in the long run. I was susceptible to shingles and I sure didn't want to get them in my 70's. I've seen them and heard all about the pain that can last for over a year. I've had shingle shot, pneumonia shot and I keep up on my tetanus every 10 years. There was a bunch of other things they had listed that would be paid for but I'm not in a high risk for any of it. Pfffft.. Not even low risk.

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood...

Very nice 76 decrees with a light breeze. I got the yard mowed and some of the weeds sprayed. Went to Subway and got home in time to be on puppy watch.

Will be a long night with good food, good cyber friends and hopefully some healthy puppies. Noel isn't known for really successful litters. Time before last (her first) she had 4 and they were huge. She had to have a C-Section. Last time she had one stillborn early. So lots of good thoughts and prayers and keeping paws crossed . It can be nerve wracking. Scary and exciting all at the same time.

Had a long weekend on puppy watch. Poor Noel had to have another C-section. Her second. She started having 'that look' Friday night and was nesting etc. all day Saturday. Her first pup was born Saturday night and then nothing. He was stillborn. Although it's normal and very common, I will never get used to that happening. Bawl like a baby...sigh. Sunday morning the vet said to bring her in. BUT she did have five beautiful babies and was spayed. One is having trouble latching on but they are milking Noel and syringe feeding her. Good thing they have 24 hour puppy nannies. They are so stinkin' cute. All are black and white. Can't wait to watch them grow.

Other than finding my way back here.....I have caught up on some rest from recent vacation and work and started coming up with a game plan to get my preps back in gear. Started organizing "the closet"....gave up and signed on to see you good people :D

Hi, Anewme!!! Glad you're home!!!

Got a great deal on another camera on ebay today! Paying less for the bundle than the flash sells for! Even used.

Lots of tomatoes coming in! Put 4 gallons in brother in laws freezer and have plenty more! Lucy is still hanging in there with the congestive heart failure but she has started looking so tired. Not breathing real hard but it is still a struggle, I think.

It's about to start raining here so I'm off!

Have fun with your new babies, Jeepers!

Back in town late Sunday afternoon. Had to pull in a bit of a storm but MrWE2 was careful and allowed for slick pavement and winds. Never like to pull in bad weather but it snuck up on us about 15 minutes after we left the campground :-( The garden has sure enjoyed the rain. We're picking blackberries like crazy and got our first "teeny" batch of raspberries tonight. Also picked some more lettuces and kale and our very first tomato! It went into our salad at supper :-) The Okra is looking good! But...the pole bens we planted? They're no where to be found. And the speghetti squash? Only 3 of the six have sprouted. Guess we'll re-plant the pole beans. Still need to get the other raised bed worked up so we can plant some goodies in it. The ice maker on our frig quit some time ago and Camping World had portable ice makers on sale so we bit the bullet and bought one. Makes ice SOOOOO quick! All we do is fill up the reservoir and set it for small or large cubes. Then empty the basket until it's out of water. Love it! Used it in the camper this time too :-) MUCH cheaper than trying to fix or replace an ice maker in a frig (we do believe). Will be out of town again Friday evening to visit some fellow-campers. We're not pulling, just going to drive to their campsite and have dinner.

PS...nursing a good dose of chiggers :-( Guess the picnic table I sat on at a fellow campers dinner had them? Or...perhaps from the garden before we left? I've never gotten chiggers from the garden before so I'm thinking they were on the table. We were gone most of the time so we didn't even put our awning or chairs out...plus it was in the mid 90's so we got back to camp and inside we went! Even Abby-girl was ready for the trailer when we took her for her walks :-)

Edited by The WE2's

I have a portable ice maker too. It makes small and large cubes but the small ones are really too small. The large size are just right. I used it a lot when son was coming over to pull bushes and other yard work last summer.

I hate chiggers. The little devils ITCH.

((((((WE2's))))))

Found this, hope it helps...

http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/insects/find/scabies-and-chiggers/

You may not know that you have been attacked by chiggers until welts appear and itching begins. Take a bath as soon as possible upon returning from a chigger-infested area. Apply a thick lather, rinse, and then repeat. This action kills most attached chiggers and ones not yet attached. Next, apply an antiseptic to the welts; this kills any remaining chiggers and prevents infection.

Destroying the chiggers reduces the itching but does not stop it. The fluid injected by the chiggers causes the itching, and no practical way to remove it has been found. For temporary relief of itching, apply ointments that contain benzocaine, hydrocortisone, or those used for relief of poison ivy itching.

Taking Benadryl caps and spraying Right Guard deodorant helps me get through it. I have no idea what's in the aerosol deodorants (I use Right Guard...it's cheap) but I saw it about a year or so ago, and it definitely works...almost instantly. So I have some stocked up in the travel trailer and here at home. I take the B caps before I go to bed since they do make me drowsy. Finished getting the laundry done and then we went to the Roost to mow. Tomorrow evening MrWE2 will mow here and then we'll hve to mow at the Homestead place since son said he doesn't have the gas money to mow :-( He's supposed to be moving the 4th but who knows. The utility company is turning off the juice the 6th (I think because he hasn't paid his bill) so we'll have to call them tomorrow and make arrangements to get them in our name instead of turning them off...then go downstairs and trip the breakers to the upstairs apartment so he can't "squat" and use our utilities until we have to evict him. Shame to have to deal with family members that are tyrants. I'm gonna go to bed...

I called the Dr. to make an appointment for my regular blood work and she asked if I could come in today? Heck yeah. I wanted to get it over with. I barely felt it but when I got home and took the bandage off I saw a huge red and purple welt. Looks like a big ugly bubble. Crimony, not my month for needles.

My bone density test came out normal though. Woot. They said to keep taking my calcium! Uh, I'm not taking calcium except what is in the Centrum Silver. And I don't take those every day. Big a$$ horse pills. Some days I look at them and think, no way am I trying to swallow that thing.

My turn signal went out. $10.79 to get the little bulb replaced. Not happy but what are gonna do? Cheaper than a wreck or a ticket...I think.

My bushes along the front porch have an aphid infestation. I believe the exact quote was "gorging on plant material." TruGreen wants $195.00 to dust/spray whatever, them. They left me a little sample in a plastic bag on my front door. Nice. Believe I can do that one myself.

Someone's grumpy and needs a nap.