MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Wondering if Ambergris knows her diagnosis yet?  I hope all is well for everyone!

After walking, I went to Tractor Supply for ear mite meds for pups. Stopped at vet's for appt for nail clipping for 2 dogs

Drove around a bit. There was an EF 3 tornado that touched down about 10 miles north of us--about a week and a half ago. Wood is piled up very high all along the highway and a couple of houses have damage. That town was without power for a day or two, I think.

Trying to talk myself into going out and weeding. Hasn't worked yet.

• Like 3

No news. 

Really weak.  Got out of bed because lying down just makes my hip bones too sore after a while, you know?  Between the antibiotics and the inhaler they put me on, I don't ever want to eat, but not eating makes me even weaker.

Fever comes and goes.  Chills sometimes when it's not a fever, but not nearly as often.  Something's been wrong with my legs and kidneys too.  They seem related to each other, weirdly, but were hurting before the flu came on.  I had a lot of blood tests to try to figure that out.  Spent a lot of time staring at people who said I should be in the hospital.  Said no a couple of times, then just shook my head.  Talking makes me cough, and that brings my O2 level down really, really  bad.  

Shut down my fledgling farm/business.  Couldn't keep up with the state's paperwork, and after two years there's still nothing to sell, and there's just too much going wrong.  Maybe some other year I can start over.

• Sad 6
5 hours ago, Littlesister said:

when he needs to go to bathroom

After my first husband passed, I kept the bedside toilet.  It is very sturdy, has hand rails and has the bucket/pan under the lift up seat.  It's a gem and I'm glad we kept it. In a pinch we can use it with some sawdust as a compost toilet.  Until the bathroom is finished I just use my "Go Girl" and go in a detergent jug.  Hubby has his own jug! LOL

This was absolutely a "hard work, heavy lifting" day for both of us!  Hubby took the day off from working for his customer and while he chopped and loaded tree limbs and brush I pulled grass starts from the potato beds.  He helped me lift one of the wire guards off one of them, the potatoes were growing so nicely...and I didn't want them growing through the wire.  We'll let the other bed's plants get a bit taller also.  I like to make sure that what I'm pulling isn't a tiny little 'tater! (Even though I can usually tell)  The radishes I planted in a planter a just about ready to pick and eat.  In the solo cups there's tomatoes and spinach so far.  In the peat moss cups there's zucchini and tomatoes (of course) and I think some other's...just didn't look real good.  There's some tiny little heads popping up in my flower pots and hopefully the herbs will be soon.  The tubs...radishes looking good as well as lettuce.  This cold, warm, cold, warm, rain back and forth they don't know what to do!  All my transplants are looking good also.  

We headed for the county recycling place and dumped the limbs and brush and then went to the municipal building and paid 10$ for a cubic yard (?) of compost (it's beautiful stuff) and then put down some cardboard and then a tarp inside the trailer.  Got it loaded and one of the trailer tires went flat!  SOOOOO glad we were in Miss B...because in the back (under the bed/dinette we keep a small compressor.  It sure pulled our tail out of the fire today for sure!  We haven't had to use it but a couple of times but it's worth every dime we paid for it.  Then back to the homestead we went, put down a big rubber tarp from a billboard and then backed the trailer of compost onto it ... and shoveled and raked it all off the trailer.  Then covered it with another tarp and secured it with bricks and exercise weights (LOL) so cats can't get in it.  Later on we'll some mulch (it's free) and put it on that side of the property also so we can use it when we need it.  We have some serious landscaping we'd like to do once these other projects are settled down a bit.

Tomorrow hubby will tackle his metal recycling and get a few dollars from the various metals.

Anyhoo...it's been a long day. 

We both enjoyed a cup of hot apple cider when we got home and then I had a frozen pizza in the freezer so it was an EZ on the cook night!

I took a couple of Magnesium caps a bit ago.  They sure help relax muscles and that seems to help me sleep better.  I may wake up for a  bathroom trip but instead of laying awake for 2 hours I'm able to go back to sleep.

I do have the Arnica gel in case my ribs give me any issues as they sometimes do when I do a lot of lifting...like pulling on a tarp full of compost! LOL

Our city has pretty much opened things up with precautions.  The municipal building hubby had to wear a mask and "sit on the "X" on the bench to await his turn.  Oh well...at least they're open and we could get our compost paid for.

Everybody take care, stay safe and healthy and enjoy the sunshine...I hear it kills bad germs etc.!

• Like 3

Still feeling very poorly when I get up.....MS-weak, I think.  Feel like a bag of wet cement, actually.  But not ill/sick.  Gets better gradually as the day goes on.  By evening, DH/Dog and I did a walk again.  This time I walked to the 3/10ths mark and back.  Felt much better than previous night's effort.  Really had to push last couple nites. 

We cooked the ham from DH's shopping....reheated baked potatoes.  Pineapple.  Simple supper.  I feel better tonite.  :amen: 

MtRider  :feedme: 

• Like 2

Littlesister, I was thinking about a bedside potty too. Or a urinal. When my FIL was sick in bed my MIL helped him with a urinal. That way he didn't have to get out of bed in the night and it was less steps for her too. 

We2, prayers for your brother. There are worse things than dying. Living in pain is one of them. That's harsh but true. I've been down that road too often with my loved ones. :hug3:

Glad you are starting to feel better Mt. Rider. It gets harder and harder to bounce back these days, huh. 

Still concerned about Ambergris. Take care girl friend! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hubby got a whole 6$ for the metal he took to the recyclers...guess it's better than a poke in the arm!  Anyway...that part of it's done.  He worked today so when it started raining about 4:00 or so, he didn't hinder him.  He's hanging rock.  Tomorrow he'll work on our bathroom project since the wood he wants to load up for the city to pick up (he'll bring it here for the 11th pickup since the homestead's date has already been) will have to wait.  He doesn't want to try handling it when it's soaked.  

I just did some of his work pants and hung them on a line under the carport here.  No room for a long line.  I didn't get any laundry done early enough for him to take...and he's got enough work to do to try and put clothes in the homestead's dryer and then bring them here.  I'll put in a load shortly and then go with him in the morning and tend to the drying. 

Our Abby-girl is being stubborn about going out to potty in the rain so...no "bone" for now. Checked Gas Buddy and the gas is almost a dime cheaper in the town where the Roost is plus we have to drive there to put our water bill in their drop box. Every penny saved is a penny earned!

• Like 3

:)  Walked the whole "normal" distance with dog tonite.  Nearly a mile.  Saunter....no hurry.  That usually works best.  On the way back, met a dog-walker with 2 black dogs....a particular nemesis for my weird dog.   Due to early experience with 2 black dogs....but not THESE 2 black dogs tho.  [ 'Elua 'ilio 'ele'ele  = 2 black dogs in Hawai'ian ]  :lol:  Anyway....we scooted up R/P's driveway and let her and pups pass below us.  Hers made a bit of noise.  Mine made a bit of noise, but ....fairly uneventful.  :amen:   

MtRider  ......  :shrug:   another day passed...

• Like 2

I just got a notice in the mail that my doctor is retiring July 6th. I think I can get one more 3 month supply of meds before she goes. They have me set up with another lady in the office. I saw her once before. Didn't care for her. 

This year just keeps on giving and giving...

• Sad 4

I hate it when someone I really like and depend on retires or goes out of business!  Usually take me awhile to find someone new that I do trust.

This morning, after walking I will make Sweet and Spicy Pickled Radishes, wash rugs and blankets, then wash dogs.

Making ham and veggie omelets for dinner with hoe cakes for dessert.

Supposed to have rain this afternoon and then turn cool again.  So nice to have doors and windows open and lower elec bills!

I slept wrong two nights ago and pulled something in my right hip.  I will be sauntering this morning, too @Mt_Rider!

• Like 3

Our puppy is doing better and scarfing her boiled chicken & rice twice a day.  (Phew - relief - we lost one older dog to gastroenteris before so we were kinda nervous...)

Yesterday was satisfying....our gallon jugs of hand sanitizer liquid came (we ordered the liquid for wiping things down, as well as hands).  Wow!  We gave one to a neighbor whose son is a deputy, and two to our doctor.  I think she had a tear or two in her eye. She was stretching what she had with alcohol and things were getting low.  Her suppliers were all back ordered.  We told her that we could not sew masks, so those 2 gallons were our contribution to helping fight covid....the place we bought them (with guaranteed delivery dates) has raised its prices 50%.  We have been monitoring sources for sanitizer constantly so have been able to order it reasonably well.  So we took her a 16 oz bottle of sanitizer gel for her personal stash, and another bag of vegetables (always a hit).  

All in all, a satisfyingly good day.....we needed one!

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Jeepers said:

This year just keeps on giving and giving...

Yeah, I just made a post in 2020 Corona Virus thread about The NEXT Thing.....   :tapfoot:   I've noticed a real lack of opportunity to participate in life during 2020.  Sick for so long....running smack into SIP and still little energy....  :buttercup: 

MtRider   ...2020 so far, is not getting my vote for Best Year this Century!  :grinning-smiley-044:  [2011 still holds WORST year this century tho]

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

2020 will be the worst year to go down in history as being the worst year ever. So much has happened and this is just the first part of May. 

Mt. Rider praying you are doing better. 

Ambergris,  I am praying you don't have the coronavirus on top of the regular flu. Both A & B is enough for anyone to have to go through.   

The CG, glad to hear you did not have the coronavirus.  Praying that you are doing better. 

WE2, DH has 2 urinal's but I am going to look into getting a bedside toilet. That would really come in handy, if not now, maybe later as with everything going on weather and such. We both may have to resort to one if we loose water pressure or water all together. 

One thing I am glad of.  I am not able to leave DH alone for very long. So sticking to stores that are close by.  Would still like to make a Sam's club or BJ's run as well. But to far to leave DH right now. Going to wait till I can get one of the kids to stay with him so I can get out to get some things. His balance is bad and can't leave him incase he looses his balance and falls.   

He is doing better today.  Had physical therapy and the home health nurse was both here today. He did good. He didn't get as tired as yesterday. But yesterday he had to go to a doctor's office and had blood work and an X-Ray of stomach. To much at one time. He came home and took a nap.  He is eating better and drinking more now. So that will get kidney function up as he has been dehydrated.  Hard to get him to eat and drink when his stomach is so swollen. If we can get that under control, I think we would see much better improvement.   Cong. heart failure is a hard one to get under control. But getting there.

Trying to get the spring cleaning going again as well as getting ready to can the hamburger and chicken. Going to have the market deliver the meat to us. That place is so busy it is unreal.  This virus didn't hurt the business but increased it a lot.  I am glad not because DH's cousin owns it, but because it is a small business and we need to try to keep all small businesses going as much as possible. Hoping that some fresh produce will be coming in shortly.  Thinking of ordering produce by the bushel from there. As the garden will more than likely just be the seeds we started and that might be it. We are having a freeze tonight, so glad we haven't planted yet.  Never had a cold snap in May like this before that I can remember. Hoping for warmer weather after this. 

Looking at the green house, as I need to figure out a better place to put it as well as doing a different way of tying it down. going to hook up to boards on bottom to make it more steady and from there I need to figure it all out. 

Started celery from the stalks I bought from store. As they say, you can grow new veggies from table scraps and I have been working for a while to get celery going. So far I think this round might work. Crossing my fingers and praying that it does. The spring onions I did are now in pots and doing great. Need to get some lettuce going. Thinking of growing some in house in a pot for year round use as well as planting some in the garden. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Littlesister said:

His balance

Does he have and use a walker? My mom had one with wheels, a brake, and a seat that she could pull down and sit on if she felt lightheaded or tired.

Today was a morning errand day.  We drove to the Roost to put the water bill in their drop box and to fill up the tank of Miss B.  Funny...just a 20 miles away and the gas was 18 cents cheaper a gallon that here!  So...we were there anyway! 

Then it was a hot lunch from our local Community Cafe...yummy!  Tamalies covered in chili, cheesy garlic toast and a freshly chopped apple dessert.  Then they handed us a bag for "supper"...a piece of pizza, some chips, some slices of pound cake, some peanut butter snacks, some canned tuna in tomato/basil.  We'll try that tomorrow.  We drove to our local Steak and Shake for a "bugger and fries"...LOL  EZ on the cook...all day!

Hubby did work today and I spent the day patching holes in his work jeans.  A seamstress I am NOT...but he'll only be working in them.  I gave him strict orders that he is NOT to wear them out in public...oh my...I would be so embarrassed!  But...just aint gonna pitch 'em! Jeans just cost way too much to throw them out...or even cut them up for patches...if there's any way I can help him wear them a bit longer.  He's awfully rough on his work clothes...being a carpenter.

Tonight we have a frost "advisory" but I'm not going to cover anything.  I think everything should be okay.  If not...my bad.  Can't cover stuff in plastic anyway, because it makes the temp wet and cold...and I don't have enough sheets that I'm willing to use for gardening.

I'm debating on REALLY cutting my hair...like REALLY cutting my hair.  It's almost always up in a pony tail, clip or under a snood at night or ??? But I just don't wear it down.  It's also beginning to feel "weighty" and "pulled".  

• Like 4

I woke up feeling .....MY NORMAL!  Brain and body both at reasonable levels....right outta bed.  :amen:    So I went on walk with DH and dog to Nat.Forest.  Saturday......string of off-road bikes - noisy and kicking up great DUST.  [perfectly legal there, btw]  Shoved scarf over my breathing till the wind cleared dust.   We wandered off the trails [avoiding the bikes] thru one mild-grade hillside....up, over, around and down to the car again.  Grande Rocky Mt vistas!! 

Now......Dead Dog sprawled on living room floor with Happy Face.  :lol:  She investigated EVERY SMELL all over that hillside.  Traveled on end of long retractable leash; covering WAY MORE TERRITORY than DH and I did.  We found a Grandfather pine tree.  I would not be able to wrap my arms around it.  Unusual here....with wildfire often enough in the decades to keep the forests starting over.  Not sure I've seen one that big since northern MN.  Couple of fat-trunk aspens too.  Neat walk..... ;)  ....humans sauntered, for sure.  Dog....raced to and fro!   .....and the sun was warm!  Now it's COLD again with clouds.   

MtRider ....take care, all you who might have one last backlash of WINTER this weekend!!  :frozen:

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, sounds like you were having a great time.  And yes winter seems to be back for a bit. Hope this is the last of the winter spells. I am ready for whatever spring time we have left. 

WE2, He has a walker with wheels but he has gone back to using a cane right now. Still not steady on his feet yet. He is weak. Going to by a rollator with a seat as soon as I can get out to buy one. This walker was ordered at hospital through Medicare and they would not pay for one with the seat. Though they are not that expensive anyway, so will just buy one. 

Also going to buy the bedside toilet  as well.  That would come in handy.  Hopefully we won't need it but will have it for emergencies if needed. 

• Like 5

Walked and did short video first this morning, then messed around in garden but it was too wet to do much as it rained most of the day, yesterday.

Readied dh's pills for the next two weeks, washed all three dogs and all rugs, blankets, towels and comforter.

Made up some sausage out of ground chicken and then made sausage gravy and biscuits. Cooked some corn on the cob that I got on sale and then watched a little tv with dh.

Seems like I was on the go all day! Tomorrow should be slower.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY YOU ALL!!!  :bouquet:

• Like 4

We've made a couple of bedside toilets out of straight-back chairs.  Just go ahead and buy the thing.  The bought ones are so much lower and easier to use.   They have those non-slip feet.  Plus, they have handles.

Thank you, Miki.  Same to you.

I'm not having good luck tracking what day of the week it is, but I was reminded to call my mom.  Left a message on her machine.  No mathom this year.  Not even a card.

Instead of moving the little dinosaurs to the yard, where he knew I would worry about them, DS1 enlarged the dinosaur pen on the back porch to about 4x8.  So I get to keep watching them another week or two.  I do like watching and listening to them.  The langshan cockerel is beginning to strut his stuff, but at least one of the turkens does more than give him the side-eye. 

I have a really bad feeling about the coming week.  Maybe it's so much of my personal stuff coming to a head.  Maybe it's the political stuff coming to a head.  Either way.  Watch out for shadows shaped like falling shoes.

• Like 4

I have a bedside toilet that I got on sale. It's still in the box. Hope it stays there too. I'd like a rotator too. When I don't have so many other things to buy I'd like to have one. I like the idea of a seat handy. 

It's raining and blowing here tonight. I thought about going to the grocery store but it's too nasty out. I don't need too much. Mostly fruit and cold stuff. Supposedly things start to open back up here on the 15th. and I want to be able to stay put for another couple of weeks. I imagine the virus will start up again soon with all the people back in circulation. 

• Like 2

Got to visit my mom IN PERSON on her deck.  We stayed spaced apart.  Haven't seen each other in person since.....Feb?  ...... :sigh:   .....she looks/moves OLD.  More than I recall when I saw her at least weekly.....

But today was nice.  Sat in sun....stayed warm enough.  DH went to Walmart.  Got pants for him...split out.  Got sheets for my hospital bed....split out.  [only red or white available]  Got a few groceries for folks....ice cream bars LOL.  No napkins at grocery or Walmart this week.  :shrug:   Found bacon.  Other stuff.  He came back to haul up their few  bags and pick me up.  Dog enjoyed the trip with DH today.  She's doing "Dead Dog" again....LOL 

MtRider  ....Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and anyone In-The-Role-Of-A-Mother  [definitely get credit too!]

• Like 3

I woke up to about a half an inch of snow on the grass. Second time in a week. I know some people already have gardens out. Hope nothing was up for them or else they would be ruined. Unless they were covered up well. Works with frost but not sure about snow. 

I've had nothing but headaches lately. I'm blaming it on the weather changes. Last night I finally broke down and took two Advil. I know with Covid-19 we aren't supposed to. I don't have any symptoms of the crud. Symptom free? My luck. But I just couldn't take the headache anymore. It's been ongoing for days. Woke up this morning with no headache! I'm not going to wait so long the next time. Suppose I could take plain aspirin but it was late at night and aspirin kills my stomach if I don't eat a meal with them. Advil is my go to med. 

I had to go by the post office yesterday evening to mail a local bill. Burger King is right around the corner so I figured I'd drive thru and get a vanilla coke. My guilty pleasure. I was so surprised to see the paper they had posted. I didn't have time to read it all but they had a long list of all the food they were out of including salad. I ordered my coke but he said their system was down and couldn't take an order. McDonald's took salads off of their menu board altogether about three weeks ago. It's kind of scary when big corporations can't get food to sell. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Popping in, to say, we are heading to TX today.  My car is going to be stuffed with all the prepped things I have made for MIL, over the last month.  She shouldn’t have to go to the store for anything, God willing.

Even tho she has Dr. appointments, etc., and she needs to take care of some things. Gloves & masks....  

Stay safe and healthy, everyone.  I will check in, after we get to her house.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ann, have a safe trip.  Be careful out there. 

Took DH back to ER last night. The fluid just will not leave his belly making him very short of breath.  Though his labs are now better than when he came home from hospital, he still has that fluid problem. Gained 4 lbs. in one day. Not good for cong. heart failure.  They decided they wanted to admit him which means heading over to a hospital. The hospital wanted to put him on the Covid-19 floor and swab him for the virus. Which means he would stay on that floor with sick corvid patients.  The ER doc. told us what the hospitalist wanted and we declined that offer. So he did a swab at the ER to satisfy the hospital doctors.  They did not do that the first go round and the ER doc. said it is a different doctor and he requires it.  Called the heart failure clinic first like we are suppose to do. Left a message as it was Sunday and they were closed. And they still have not bothered to call back today so far. Don't think we will get the help we need with all the corvid mess going on or if he has that virus so they can give him that attention.  I am over this mess. 

We are now in a hold pattern waiting for 24 to 48 hours for the test to come back and then they will call us and put him in hospital away from the corvid patients.  I am starting to feel like they just don't want to deal with older patients right now. He has not gotten the care he really needs because of this virus.  Doctors offices are still closed, Some open with limited conditions.  If he improves before the test comes back he will decline the hospital.  We will call the doctor that will be removing the fluid from his liver and just have him do what really needs to be done. It is an office procedure and no hospital stay. 

I am so thankful for the ER doctor as he told it like it was and said he already knows DH did not have that virus or he would be fully clothed in his gear he has to wear. He had nothing but a mask which is required. He said the ER saw more cases than the hospital. That's bad for us as we are about 5 minutes from that ER. He also said that now that things are starting to open up again they are gearing up for a potential worse case of this. People are not wearing mask and they are not keeping their distance. So we still need to be on guard more now than ever. We both had on our mask when we went to ER and our sanitizer for hands. We didn't get home till almost 2 am this morning. But still changed clothes and took showers before going to bed. And yes we are both tired today. 

I am trying to get clothes and sheets washed before the home therapy nurse comes. So much to do and having to work around all this is not easy these days as I am now 20 years older than when we went through this last time.  What can I say.  I am old, and slow.

• Sad 6