MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

I just got home about an hour ago. I'm exhausted from the trip. Too many miles for this old body to sit in one position that long. I stayed a couple of days over to try to get something (anything) done. I got two shelves (Closet Made shelves sucked and so did their instructions, I had to go buy a bucket of dowel rods to have enough) and the vacuum cleaner put together. And one bathroom cleaned out and the vanity lined with a plastic liner. I got some oval plastic trays at the Dollar Tree that I took over and will set the bowl cleaner and toilet plunger etc. on them. I'm trying to avoid water damage.

I got You-Know-Who's play room set up for the most part. I hung up the ABC's and 123's posters on the wall. I had some other cute posters that I hung up too. Months, days of the week, seasons, emotions etc. In the middle of the night I kept hearing something scurrying around. Oh no, please no mice. The next morning I found all of the posters on the floor. Tape didn't stick very long on the wall. Next plan of action will be thumb tacks. I didn't catch any mice while I was there. Either they got hungry and left or they were just waiting for me to leave again. I hate those dirty things. G'son started Preschool yesterday. He had a ball with his old buddies. Masks are optional so far. Nearly all of the preschoolers have a parent who works there so they are keeping an extra close eye on the kids. Especially since their own kids are there. He really needs to be around other kids. I could see some of his social skills slipping. Shhh, don't tell I said that.

No painting of closets got done. :sEm_blush:

I called a landscaper company Monday and they still haven't called back. I gave them my cell phone and Ohio numbers. It will be a very big job but they won't see a penny of my money. BTW, my cell phone works out there. Next will be internet service. 

It was in the mid to upper 90's every day I was there. Horrible heat. But the corn looked good. Lots of it too. It is starting to dry. Tons of soy beans that looked really nice too.

Wal-Mart over there finally has Zinc. So if you need some, be on the look out for it since at least one Wal-Mart has it. Kind of the small bottles. I got six. No limit and they had plenty. Still no cleaning wipes to be had anywhere.

Indiana isn't doing a very good job at social distancing and masks. I was at Wal-Mart and the person behind me came right up to my cart. She was there before I knew it. I gave her a dirty look and told the cashier that she needs to start doing a better job of enforcing the social distancing. I got a blank look from her. I was too hot/tired to stand there and argue. Plus I wasn't in the mood to get my butt kicked that day. Then today I went into a Speedway gas station after gassing up, for some milk, and half of the customers didn't have a mask on. There were three workers (masked) so at least one of them could have watched the door. Chicago is exploding again and northwest Indiana is too close for comfort to be messing around like that.

I swear it wasn't this Hoosier who ended up at Homesteaders house!  :D

Ambergris, I'm so glad you are doing better at work. Ahem, you are popular here too.  :hug3:

Prayers for TheCG family finances. Been there sooo many times myself. :pray: 

Annarchy, that beast is a THING. OF. BEAUTY.  :hapydancsmil:

Littlesister, I noticed the people at the end of my street got a generac generator installed while I was gone. It will be a few years before I could afford one of those. One good thing about the Indy house is there are farm fields all around and there is usually a good breeze blowing. DIL noticed that and brought it to my attention.

Miki, hope you don't get bitten by the dog. Sheesh, just trying to help the little feller.

:hi:to everyone I missed. Glad to be home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:balloons:  We kept a vanilla coke in the fridge for ya, Jeepers.  If ya can't find one elsewhere. 

Glad to hear Indy corn/beans are doing well...cuz :(  much of Iowa's got flattened.  If they can harvest at all, it's going to be a nightmare maneuvering the equipment thru the fields.  Most won't recover and lift up enough.

:lol:   I'll take your version of mice any day over mine.....slithering posters.  POOR KOA.....had a drowned mouse in her water dish this morning.  Grossed out all three of us!  :yuk: 

[Pssst....thumb tacks and small child?  Do they still put dumb things in their mouths at that age?]   :shrug:  Mine came packaged older.... LOL

Soooooo   :yar:   Last nite as I came in room to go to bed.....Aaaaugh, my L foot went 'out' again.  The arch, I mean.  And DH was already sleeping.  So I just tucked into bed and hoped for better by morning.  No.  So DH put it back in place and it hurt for several hours.  It's finally settled down.  ........AND I finally get what DH has [not too clearly....hmph!] been trying to say.  This will take a LOOOOONG time to stabilize so DON'T GO BAREFOOT AT ALL.  Cuz the shoes with personalized supports will work best to hold those foot bones in correct position.  .............................. oh!  I'm gonna hold him to that!      

And no more: :whistling:   I just have to run in the kitchen and get this quick.....barefoot.  :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider   :sigh:    .....  L foot feels fine tonite but the rest of me has been hauling on those dratted crutches again.  :0327:   

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

While I was on steroids back in January, I was also taking Nyquil and slept very well.  I know you aren't "sick" like I was for the Nyquil but....when ya gotta get some sleep, would it help?

MtRider  :(  

Good morning!  I hope your foot heals sooner rather than later!  I already take a sleep pill that is pretty strong.  Apparently the prednisone is stronger.  Hate to add to that mix.  Today I cut my prednisone in half and will be tapering off soon.  Yay!  And I got almost 6 hours sleep last night!

Glad you are home, Jeepers and I hope you can get some rest today!

Going to walk this morning in between bands of rain.  Then PCing taco meat, hopefully about 8 pints or so.  Already paid vehicle insurance for 6 months. 

Hope to be a little less busy today!  Have a good day, everyone!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 4

We're deferring a few payments, and that'll put us in a much better place and let us build up a cushion again.

SAM'S HAD CLOROX WIPES!  Limit 1 5-pack per person.  I bought one for the church.  I wonder if there's still any left.  I don't need them at home, but we definitely need more at the church!

• Like 6

Today, I did some house cleaning. Then went to pick up the RX's. Came home and DH is asleep. He didn't sleep good last night.  Need to go buy a new TV for the bedroom. I really don't want one in there, but when I am cleaning the den, I need for DH to get out of way. So he goes to bedroom to watch TV. Plus for a while he was bed ridden for the most part and the TV came in handy. So now it decides it wants to die. Works for a while and then goes black but has sound. 

My granddaughter that is engaged to be married wants me to go with her on Sunday to look at wedding dresses.  I don't see how that is going to work out as I can't leave DH by him self more than a couple of hours. He is still on walker and is a fall risk. Will have to find out about grandson's work sch. Maybe I could get him to stay with him. I went with her sister when she was getting married and don't want to miss out on being able to go with this child to pick out dresses. This is a bummer. I really don't know what I will do if I can't get out for longer period of time to go do things. But it is what it is and I will just have to deal with it. I will NOT leave DH alone for longer than 2 hours. This will be an all day event. Looks like I really need a babysitter for times like this. Just hoping for grandson to be able to stay with him. He's at work now so will have to wait till tomorrow to find out as he won't get home from work till 2 am. 

• Like 3

Littlesister, I don't  know if I asked this before or not. If so just ignore. Are there any organizations in your area that provides respite care...for you. It's when someone comes in your home and tends to a loved one while the care giver can go out and run errands, shop, visit family, sleep, go to their own doctor visits or just catch their breath. It really helps with burnout. 

Some places like Visiting Angels charge an hourly rate but they have different options. Sitters, housekeepers, or nurses etc. Some insurance companies might help defray some of the cost, especially if your doctor recommends it...for you. 

There are also adult 'Day Care' facilities where you can safely leave a loved one while you go to work for the day or for just a couple of hours. Many seniors actually look forward to the new companionship and the different activities they offer. Or some find a quiet corner to catch up on some reading or a nap. All in a safe environment and temporary. 

You need a couple of worry free hours a week for yourself too. Talk to your health care provider about options you might have. It can be as few as a couple of hours a week in your own home or a day trip to a senior care facility for a few hours.  :hug3:

• Like 6

nice catch on the wipes, TheCG!  I usualy make a couple trips in and out (using different check outs each time) when I have a good find like that.  Naughty maybe but I am also sharing with others and with my doctor as well.  (She gets soooo excited when I can score her some supplies!)  I hope I can keep doing so as things are starting again to be in short supply at odd times.  Hand sanitizer was all over the place 2 weeks ago for school supply (small bottles though and pricey).  Now it is gone.  I will have to start going out for the very early granny hours again soon if this keeps up.  Last good score was at Lowe's (of all places) hand sanitizer by the pint pump bottles at a reasonable price....we bought some and have them on stand by when somebody needs some.  What I need to do is make more masks...Chainsaw Mary has trouble breathing thru the N95 commercial and medical ones, but can handle the cloth ones for a longer period of time before her asthma gives her trouble.  I hand wash them in Palmolive anti-bacterial soap between shopping forays.

I had to get some X-rays because I told my doc that my athritis in my left hip was getting bad at night, keeping me from sleeping.  X-rays showed severe arthritis degeneration...tell me something I dont know.  I cant straighten out the hip and the x-ray techs were pulling on it to try to get a good x-ray shot.  More painful than my dislocated shoulder was.  Mch as I loathe the idea of yet more surgery I have a feeling that will be their solution.  I wonder if they can recycle all those titaniuum parts I have when I die?  I could will them to a wprking-mans clinic for someone else to use as I am sure they will outlive me, LOL.

Speaking of Chainsaw Mary, when will I ever learn to NOT let her go a car dealership just to look???  She went to our car dealer when one of the sales people she knows called her and offered to make her a really good deal on a new vehicle for less than she is paying for the one she bought a year ago.  She went in "just to see".  Oh my, now we have a much bigger truck, more bells & wistles, a nice patriot blue color, and her payments only went up a little (under $100).  Talk about bells and whistles.....under the back seats are two built-in coolers to keep things cold on the road.  She likes all the doo-dads, from the electric sliding back window to the drivers' seat automatic lumbar supports.  (I admit I like the bigger tow package)  Well, she says its worth it, I guess so, it does not hurt the budget any, but I personally prefer the idea of paying off a vehicle before trading it in.  We will benefit from the trading in on the 1 year old truck though, it goes as paid off on our credit reports (that part does not hurt a bit).  

Thanks for the reminder to go run our generators, too.  We want to keep them ready to go, and yes, we too got a huge one with our stimulus payment that will power the fridge, freezers and at least one room of AC.  

The garden has revived a bit with all the rain we have been getting...the tomatoes are perking up, the peppers are going crazy, and of course the okra and sweet potatoes are eating it up.  We are now getting ready to put in fall plantings of snap beans, carrots, and all the cold weather items.  I will need the help with fresh produce as I am starting to eat low carb/keto again to pare off some pounds to baby my sore hip. 

Our aussi Jack is starting to calm down as we figure out what his issues are and address them.  We find that a couple nice "sniffy walks" (where he chooses where to go and sniffs to his hearts delight) every day help his mood immensely, and the exercise is slow enough that I can do it even with a cane, so it does nut hurt me either.  One of the kittens follows along trying to tackle his leash (and kill the "snake", I guess) the whole ways - so cute - it looks like the kitten is walking the dog. Jack is very gentle with smaller critters, and he loves babies, so he gets a kick out of it, and keeps slowing down to make sure the kitten keeps up, LOL. He is a good shepherd, and considers the whole crowd of critters here his responsibility; but he gets anxiety attacks which seem to trigger misbehavior at times.  That is what we are addressing, as he is otherwise very eager to please and and an excellent boy.  

Thee German Shepherd-Malinis mix now, HE is laid back, but we have noticed he can pull some passive aggressive traits now and again.  You know....call him and he comes verrrry slooooly....dawdling to the extreme. He can pout with the  best of them, too.  Not to mention....."I only want to go out the FRONT door, not the back door"  and that kind of thing.  His way of looking for attention I imagine.  Some days they are as bad as children.  (But at least I did not have to put up with morning sickness to get them, LOL).

Edited by kappydell
lots & lot & LOTS of typos!
  • Like 4

Jeepers, I think we have visiting angles.  But My SIL helps when he can and will be staying with DH so I can go with my granddaughter to look at wedding dresses.  I have Church members as well that can stay with him, but right now my house is so disorganized, I really don't want to ask them right now.  I am working on getting caught up with all the dusting, mopping of the hardwood floors, and just getting things put away. The missing parts came today for shelving units and  they are now done and all the food have canned is now on them. Those units are 72 inches high and the 2 of them together are 96 inches across. I can stack the food and go 5 deep. I have already loaded those shelves today. Now I can dust under the bed that I though I would be able to move out of there. But no food under the bed now. I also got the dinning room table cleaned off. I am going to take the last leaf out as I am putting my sewing machine back in dinning room under the window. That will clear some of the mess out of the office. I am going to be working on that next week between taken DH for labs and a doctor visit. I need to go through all the vitamins and such and get them organized. Not sure how I will do that yet, as my plan I had didn't work out the way I was hoping. 

I have so much paper work to go through as well. A lot of that will be trashed or burned in fireplace this winter.  It has been almost a year trying to get things done. I had a good start and then DH started going down hill.  Praying that the heart rehab will get his strength and energy back.  Right now he has good days and bad days but not able to really help me with things yet. Though he has done some cooking. That is a start. He fixed breakfast yesterday and cut up a cantaloupe as well. That doesn't seem like much, but for him it was a start of trying to do things again. 

I am moving 2 book shelves out of the small bedroom and going to move them into the office again. I would like to move the double bed out of there and into office if I have the room.  I need to find a place to put the frame of my bed where it will not get messed up. Right now the headboard is behind the couch in living room and the sideboards and foot board and rails are under the 2 couches. Don't think I will be able to use the bed frame anymore. We had to lower the mattress and box springs which was a bed sitting inside out bed frame.  The head and foot raises up and we had it on the highest legs. Now we have the short legs on it so DH can get in and out of bed easy. I also had to put a small bed rail on bed to help him pull up. It's no fun getting old and surely not for sissies. 

It has been a lot of work but DH is still here with me and that is the main thing. I thing the Lord for getting him through this again. And I know he has given me the strength to do what I have needed to do to help him recover and all the house work and stuff. 

I see some of you are also having health issues still.  I am still praying for all of you.  Though I don't mention each one by name every time, you are all in my prayers.

• Like 4

Quiet day, stayed off the net & my phone. When I checked it, there was at least 10 messages saying my iCloud account had been compromised. I don’t use iCloud. Cleaned the spice rack, stove and swept floors.  Installed a new cable for the cc machine, it was giving us trouble, I think the dogs drooled on the old one. Ran a test with my card for .01 cents and it worked fine, then had to re-run the cable behind the freezer & safe to get it out of the way.

DH’s weather app said, 98° & flash flood warning today, :008Laughing::008Laughing:. Clear skies, 105° in the shade. Yeah right. However, there is a slow moving storm supposed to be coming our way. It would be nice to finally get some rain. 

Cooked a batch of shrimp scampi tonight, will vacuum seal & freeze small portions of the left over for MIL. 

• Like 3

We've just been plain busy!  Got the truck home and it sure feels good to have two sets of transportation! 

Our farmer friends called and said "Come pick"...he's gone fishing and she is pretty much finished with what she wants.  We picked (and I jarred up) 24 pints of green beans and 7 pints of Okra.  Also got 7 more quarts of Elderberry juice.  Nice additions to our pantry for the winter.

We're so very proud of hubby!  He's lost enough weight now (voluntarily) that he's wearing the size jeans he wore when we got married!  I told him I'd have to be swatting off the trolls if he gets any better looking! LOL

Son called a couple of days ago and gave me a lovely guitar.  I haven't played for years so no callouses.  But it is a beautiful and thoughtful gift.  He's learning to play using a "Chord Buddy" and said I could pick one up at WM.  Might do that.

May have mentioned it before, but just in case...my brother passed very quietly at home in their travel trailer at their lake property.  Hospice did a wonderful job in making him comfortable and being there for her.  Such a sad ending at such a young age...but party animals sometimes pay a big price in their health. 

Got rain today so we hung around the house most of the day.  Did make a run to $Tree to pick up some things to put back in the truck.  A box of tissues, a package of baby wipes, a couple of packages of masks, a basket to put our drinks etc. in...the console only has 2 places to hold drinks.  Hubby will need to put Abby's "floor" back in so she'll be able to have a place to ride comfortably again, although she's doing fine just sitting on her "bed" that we put in the back floor.

Tomorrow we'll have to load all the goodies up and take them to the homestead's pantry etc.  Hubby will be getting back to work on our bathroom there.  He's ready to texture the walls and then paint, then the flooring, then the vanity and stool.  Seems like a lifetime since we started that project.

Later...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good to hear from the WE2s.  Sorry for the loss of your brother.  Tho you knew it was coming....  :( 

Nice to have garden friends with extra.  No gardener wants produce to go to waste!   I've sometimes had that opportunity too.  Our greenhouse has it's second plastic cover, since the first plastic shredded.  Keeping things warm in there.  We've gotten to the low 50's already many times.  We're eating collards and lettuce.  No ripe tomatoes yet....either beefsteak or cherry.  We just do not get much sunshine in this location.  The wonderful gentle rain these past days has cleared up the haze of wildfire smoke and road dust  :amen:    but.....rain clouds are still not sunshine. 

Did I mention I had to start over with crutches.....so by today I'm back to bearing weight WITH SHOES/SUPPORTS on that L foot while also using crutches.  Not full weight yet.  It's feeling better again but ....let's go slow this time.  :buttercup:   But this crutch and foot method of motion is not nearly as exhausting as just crutches. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Sad 2

Darnit. I had this all written out yesterday and it dissappeared. I'll try to remember some of it. :rolleyes:

Pssssss, fizzzz. Just popped a top of vanilla coke Mt. Rider kept cold for me. Ahhhh. Unfortunately I created a monster. DIL discovered my stash in the fridge out there and has developed a taste for it too. I got her hooked right at the time there is a shortage of it. Wait until she sees the mocha frappuccino the fridge. I feel like her dealer getting her hooked then pulling the supply. LOL 

The corn and soy beans did look good over there. I didn't realize just how close they planted the seeds to each other in the corn field. It looked like 3-4 seeds in each hole and they all came up. Someplace on the toll road I passed a sunflower farm. Acres and acres of them. It was odd seeing all the heads pointed in the same direction. I'm used to vine or cluster flowers like petunia, pansys, geraniums etc. Very pretty though. 

I think the thumb tacks will be okay for the posters. White tacks on white posters. They hammer in pretty flush on the wall. I mean real thumb racks and not push pins. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll run it by his mom first! I'll see if I can find that putty stuff that teachers use to stick things up. If they still make it. Anyone know what it's called? Looks like white silly putty. Tacky? 

I rarely use the cleaning wipes. A canister of them would last me a couple of years. But because we can't get them now, now all of the sudden I check for them every time I'm in the stores.  Sigh.  Oh, and I was in Menards and they had hand sanitizer by the gallon of half gallon, I don't remember which. It was in the cleaning supplies in the front of the store on the bottom shelf. I didn't need any more so didn't think to check the price. What ever happened to Purell and GermX? They should be making a fortune by now but none to be found. Odd.

Wish I could remember what else I wrote. Oh, the Indiana till booth lady. We bonded. I drove up to her and she had on a cloth mask. With a Rolling Stones logo! Dang. I told her I love me some Stones and flashed her the 'rock on' sign. She signed back and said, "Rock on sister." Absolutely made my day. God bless Hoosier women. We do rawk. Gotta find me some of those masks pronto. 

Good luck with your arthritis Kappy. I have some in my back, knees and especially my neck. Not only hurts but it gets on your nerves and wears you down. I'm with you on saving the spare parts. When I had a decades old molar cap replaced I asked for it back. No shame in my game. I was a little disappointed though. It looked a lot bigger in my mouth. And shinier. Dental gold isn't so great. It's all the gold I own though. Note to self, take Chainsaw Mary car shopping with me the next time I go.

I hear you about the house Littlesister. Oh boy do I understand that! 

I went over to the store tonight for some watermelon. The have some new hours again. Closing at 10:00pm now. They went from 24 hrs. to closing at 1:00am. to midnight. Then when Covid hit they started closing at 11:00pm. Now it's 10:00. And Wal-Mart closes at 8:30pm. I miss the 24 hour days. Well the point of that was, I took my watermelon to the self checkout lane. I couldn't figure out how to scan my card. I stood there a minute looking. Nothing. That machine is nothing new to me. I've used it a hundred times. I had to go to the regular checkout line. It was closing time so fortunately the place was nearly empty. When I went in a guy was in the lobby sitting on one of the riding carts (whatever they are called). When I came out he was still there and said something like, "See what happens when your eyes are bigger than your hands" I didn't make eye contact and he said, "Well, have a nice day."  It was nearly 10:00pm and I don't think he was an employee. The watermelon was just a quarter of one and in a bag so he wasn't talking about that. Oh well, maybe he is just as crazy as I am. 

I remember what I said. I advised Mt. Rider to duct tape her arch supports to her feet so she could still wear them yet still go bare foot. Perhaps I should have let that little bit advice stay to myself. :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear about your brother We2. May he rest in peace with no more pain or earthly worries.  :hug3:

Very nice of your son to give you a guitar. I'd love to learn how to play. I know a few chords but that's it. You definitely need to build up callouses. Ouch. Steel strings or nylon? Mine was nylon and still hurt for weeks. I was a strummer but was learning to pick...a little. I'll have to check out the Chord Buddy. Would be nice to learn some children's songs while he is still young enough to be impressed by an old granny.  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 1
On 8/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, kappydell said:

Our aussi Jack is starting to calm down as we figure out what his issues are and address them.  We find that a couple nice "sniffy walks" (where he chooses where to go and sniffs to his hearts delight) ....

AKA: sniffari 

https://www.preventivevet.com/dogs/boredom-busters-for-your-dog-sniffari-walk

A quick 5 min video about...WHO is the daily walk for? What is the PURPOSE of the walk? 

Edited by Midnightmom

Woke up at 3:30 this morning. Last day on any steroids. Yay! Hope it gets out of me soon! Did video then went to Walmart for monthly stock up and Kroger for sales. Got back home in time to feed dogs. Have been on the phone a good part of the morning with VA, pharmacy and my doctor. (Cancelled appt. with ortho as my thumb is close to normal now)

Took eBay photos, made rice for the pups, put up a rain gauge. Going to mess around the rest of the day aside from chores.

• Like 3

Jeepers, I think we have visiting angles.  But My SIL helps when he can and will be staying with DH so I can go with my granddaughter to look at wedding dresses.  I have Church members as well that can stay with him, but right now my house is so disorganized, I really don't want to ask them right now.  I am working on getting caught up with all the dusting, mopping of the hardwood floors, and just getting things put away. The missing parts came today for shelving units and  they are now done and all the food have canned is now on them. Those units are 72 inches high and the 2 of them together are 96 inches across. I can stack the food and go 5 deep. I have already loaded those shelves today. Now I can dust under the bed that I though I would be able to move out of there. But no food under the bed now. I also got the dinning room table cleaned off. I am going to take the last leaf out as I am putting my sewing machine back in dinning room under the window. That will clear some of the mess out of the office. I am going to be working on that next week between taken DH for labs and a doctor visit. I need to go through all the vitamins and such and get them organized. Not sure how I will do that yet, as my plan I had didn't work out the way I was hoping. 

I have so much paper work to go through as well. A lot of that will be trashed or burned in fireplace this winter.  It has been almost a year trying to get things done. I had a good start and then DH started going down hill.  Praying that the heart rehab will get his strength and energy back.  Right now he has good days and bad days but not able to really help me with things yet. Though he has done some cooking. That is a start. He fixed breakfast yesterday and cut up a cantaloupe as well. That doesn't seem like much, but for him it was a start of trying to do things again. 

I am moving 2 book shelves out of the small bedroom and going to move them into the office again. I would like to move the double bed out of there and into office if I have the room.  I need to find a place to put the frame of my bed where it will not get messed up. Right now the headboard is behind the couch in living room and the sideboards and foot board and rails are under the 2 couches. Don't think I will be able to use the bed frame anymore. We had to lower the mattress and box springs which was a bed sitting inside out bed frame.  The head and foot raises up and we had it on the highest legs. Now we have the short legs on it so DH can get in and out of bed easy. I also had to put a small bed rail on bed to help him pull up. It's no fun getting old and surely not for sissies. 

It has been a lot of work but DH is still here with me and that is the main thing. I thing the Lord for getting him through this again. And I know he has given me the strength to do what I have needed to do to help him recover and all the house work and stuff. 

I see some of you are also having health issues still.  I am still praying for all of you.  Though I don't mention each one by name every time, you are all in my prayers.

I must have forgotten to hit submit on this. I get to the bottom and it popped up. 

Nope this is already on here. So don't know why it did that.  

Edited by Littlesister
  • Like 1

WE2  I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  Glad he went peacefully and is no longer in pain or ill. Hospice are really great. When DH's brother past it helped a lot to have them there during all of that. 

Mt. Rider you really need to be careful with that foot. Hope you are off those crutches again soon. 

I have been busy working on office. Got the sewing machine moved back to dinning room and already getting that big sewing machine table out has made a big difference. DH doesn't like it being in the dinning room because it is a formal dinning room along with a formal living room. I am not a formal person and I plan on using those rooms for something other than to look at.  Time to start using those rooms. We really don't entertain, so they don't need to be formal rooms. I get more use out of my sewing machine when it is in the dinning room where I have much more light and a table to cut patterns out at. 

Need to take DH in morning early for his labs for the coumadin. Then come home and get to work. Going to call his doctor as DH has a place on his leg that I don't like the looks of. I have done everything I could to heal it up. So going to see if he can see doctor on Wed. morning when we go to get our labs for thyroid issues. Thinking meds for me will need to be changed. Not sure on DH's yet as he just started taking Synthroid 6 weeks ago. 

I am dreading going through all the vitamins and other meds we have. I have it everywhere. Need to go through it as soon as I get this office back together and finish getting the food organized. I wanted to put the meds in the hall closet but that is full of food as well. So need to find a new home for it. Will need to get really creative on that. 

• Like 2

Had some errands to run and did a little shopping while I was out. 

Giant Eagle was pretty well stocked up. I got a couple of bottles of alcohol. They had peroxide. I got a couple of bottles of that. I'm used to the square containers and those were round. I got them anyway. They had some disinfecting wipes for the hands. I don't have any of those. Never really thought about it. The sign said they had plenty so take what you want. They were packaged like a pack of baby wipes. I think there were 50 wipes for around $5.00. I got six packs and plan to vacuum seal the packs and store them away. They had plenty of quart size hand sanitizer too. I got two of those at $6.00 each. I have bottles that I can refill when I need to from those. Plenty of TP and single sheet Bounty. Woo-woo. I got one four pack of those. They had some canning jar lids but only about six boxes. I probably should have bought them but something was holding me back? Maybe someone needs them more. No Zinc tablets.

I stopped in at our little drug store. The one where I got all of my jar lids at the beginning of summer. Not a lid or jar to be found. And that place had nearly a shelf full around May. Plenty of TP and some paper towels. No Zinc tablets. I didn't really need anything in there. I was just curious about the jar lids. They did have two water bath canners. 

I needed some light bulbs and Wal-Mart is right beside Lowes. So I stopped in there. Hum, wonder why I didn't look for the bulbs in Wal-Mart. I needed the special kind with the big head for recessed lights. Not that unusual.  :scratchhead: Anyway, Wal-Mart had pallets and pallets of Cottonell TP. They even had some Bounty single sheet paper towels. I bought another 4 pack of those. The way I use paper towels, they will last me my lifetime. I use about two rolls a year. But with two houses that desperately need cleaned, I'll probably use quite a few of them. I'm just justifying now. I got some cheap Sparkle brand to clean with. No alcohol, peroxide or iodine stuff. And no Zinc tablets. Jell-o cups were few and far between. I wanted some watermelon and blueberry flavor. None of those. Still no cans of vanilla coke. No strawberry banana yogurt. They did have a full aisle.of laundry soap but only Dawn and Palmolive dish soap. And not a lot of that. Oh, no Lysol cleaner but some Pine-Sol and Mr. Clean. The canning supply shelf was completely empty. The only thing in that aisle was some Food Saver bags and things. 

So, no zinc, bathroom spray cleaner, *provolone iodine or cleaning wipes to be found at the three stores I was in. 

* I know that is cheese but I can't think of the proper name of it. Probably couldn't spell it anyway. 

• Like 2

Littlesister I'm in the same shape with my vitamins and meds too. I bagged them all up and took them to Indiana to sort through and catagorize. I ran out of time and ended up dragging them all back to Ohio. I'm going to do over there what I do here. I have different totes in the closet labeled for different ailments so I don't have to go searching for something when I'm sick. Totes labeled; cold, flu, stomach, owies, *misc. etc. I'll add totes for vitamines, minerals, pediatric etc. I just need some more and bigger totes. I like the totes with a lid to keep our the dust...theoretically.

I might have to change the shelves in the closet to. They are staggered like narrower at the top and regular size at the bottom. Looks nice and is handy for reaching but there is a lot of lost shelving space in there. 

*the misc. tote has things like scissors, thermometers, tweezers, eye droppers etc.

• Like 3

I noted last nite that Maui had a very fast moving wildfire yesterday.  DD2 said the smoke was all over.  Tonite it is 85% contained......

...and our CO mega monster fire ...Pine Gulch Fire that is now #1 for acres burned,  got a lot of rain over this evening...perhaps more earlier in the day.   I've been watching that area with the Doppler radar.  :pray: 

Our air is a LOT more clear to breathe...if I can just get the gunk out of my airways now.

6 hours ago, Jeepers said:

single sheet Bounty. Woo-woo

My mom is desperately wishing for those.  For some reason she doesn't like the half sheets.  You sound a lot more stocked on stuff that's scarce in other areas.  Take advantage and fill 'er up!  Yeah, stocking for two homes must be a bit crazy. 

DH got to Walmart this morning.  Didn't find any of our Look-For-It-Every-Time stuff...for us or my folks.  He did pick up more peppermint gum [ I use for sinus clearing] and OTC nasal spray....but not the steroid type that gave me the jitters so BAD!  He got two boxes of Biz and Washing Soda for our laundry soap recipe.  NOTE:  I would not be surprised if those type of ingredients would go scarce like yeast and flour.  Folks will get the idea of making their own if they can't find their brand.  'Course, those new washers have their own specific detergent.  :shrug: 

Miki...glad you'll be done with the steroid.  AND it did what it was meant to do!  :amen:  Even I will take them for that reason...short term only!

I've graduated to light weight-bearing on the L foot...with crutch support.  Not sure how long I'll stay on this level.  Longer than last time??????  :sigh:   But this is TONS easier than fully no weight-bearing!!  I did not have this much trouble fixing a foot roll-over in 2017...and I stepped off the end of a tall bed that time!  :shrug: 

MtRider  ...good thing DH likes to cook  :cook: 

• Like 2

The kids (DD17, DD12) are home from the summer with their dad.  He said they had quarantined for 2 weeks at his house before traveling here.  The kids tell me they picked up their friends here in town and went to have pizza for lunch a few hours before he dropped them off at my house.  They also tell me that there isn't going to be a recession because everything is picking back up quickly and everything is just fine without reason to worry or prepare. :banghead:   I'm not sure why I'm still surprised at the things people say and do.  Undoing two and a half months of ignorance and lies is going to be difficult.    We had a long talk about economics and the definition of depression/recession with DD17 along with the unemployment rate and inflation.

Virtual School starts next Tuesday, but the district announced that schedules will not go out till this Thursday. <_<  They originally said everyone would get chrome books, then only handed them out to people who said they had none.  Several hundred people who said they had a 'shared device for multiple kids' are now without electronics and the kids all have to live stream different the teachers at the same time of the day.  There is an uproar. :smiley_shitfan: So now they are saying maybe elementary and IEP can go back.   (I want my IEP kid to go back but she is hearing impaired and there is no way she is going to read lips with masks on.)  Yes, yes it is a learning curve and we are all working together...blah blah blah.  It isn't hard to tell that whoever was in charge of this has the mentality of an autistic ten year old on crack.  No parent, teacher, administrator, or dog has a clue what is going on.  

My back is killing me and I cannot lay down at all; I have to sleep on the couch.  This understandably makes me in a poor mood.  The baby is due sometime this month.  DH is holding out for Oct 1st because of the new FMLA, but I'm feeling more like baby roulette is going to be 2 weeks.  I had the NEED to clean house last weekend and it is still pressing on me.  I do not think this baby is going to wait for October.  

• Like 2

Mt. Rider, tell your mom not to give up hope on the Bounty single sheet. I couldn't find it for months. I was afraid they weren't going to make it anymore.

I need to make some laundry powder to take over there. I THINK the home made soap would be good to use in the front loader machines  because the home made stuff is low to no suds. But I've never had a front loading machine and don't intend on buying one.

Glad you are doing better Miki. Steroids are some nasty meds but good to have for short term use when they are needed. 

Good to hear from you Euphrasyne. I was wondering how you were doing. Sounds like baby is getting anxious to get out and see the world. I remember the 'nesting' phase too. Gotta clean, clean, clean and organize right now. 

Sounds like your school system is very unorganized. Gees, they have had months and months to prepare for this. Everyone knew this was going to be a possibility. I feel for your little one too. I'm becoming hard of hearing and people wearing masks makes it even harder to hear and understand what they are saying. 

• Like 2