MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Arggg... A simple oil change turned into a major production. However, driving 1,200+ miles a month to care for Mom, it's necessary to keep me safe and able to get here, on a moments notice. We've always used this dealership exclusively for the maintenance, so, they have a complete record of its services.

I didn't tell her I was doing this today. She woke up and found my note and just called. She's upset that I didn't let her pay. Oops, not. :D

Neighbor just dropped of about 10 pounds of yellow squash and almost as much okra! Guess I will be doing some more pickling this week. Also have a few items to mend/sew today and ebay of course. Haircuts for dogs will wait until Sunday, I think.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

I'm cleaning up the house today. Need to go back through some of my basic preps. Going to update the first aid kit in the main bathroom. My boys have gotten lots of skinned knees this summer. I also need to clean out my car and go through my preps to see what needs to be updated. I need to keep my first aid stuff in a cooler bag. So I will need to pick one of those up. Other wise trying to stay cool. Easier said than done:)

Arggg... A simple oil change turned into a major production. However, driving 1,200+ miles a month to care for Mom, it's necessary to keep me safe and able to get here, on a moments notice. We've always used this dealership exclusively for the maintenance, so, they have a complete record of its services.

I didn't tell her I was doing this today. She woke up and found my note and just called. She's upset that I didn't let her pay. Oops, not. :D

You have a really good MIL. Mine's like that too. I would do anything for her. :wub:

We are laying low today. It is too hot to go outside so I have actually doing some cleaning! (My last resort...lol)

Yesterday we had to go to the big city for DH's cancer blood test. It is a 45 minute drive and it was in the middle of the day. It was 100 when he hit town. I am so glad that the used car we bought a few months back has working A/C. What a relief to be comfortable for the trip. Thankfully his blood levels are still good.

It's HOT here today. So far it's 91 degrees. I had to go to the post office, the bank, the library and a quick trip to K-Mart for some weed killer. I have some weeds that need sprayed bad but they will either get it this evening or in the morning. It's too hot to do any yard work especially any that can wait. I headed to the fruit market and got some really luscious looking fruit and veggies. Then dumped off at the paper recycle bin. Drove through Wendy's again for a Tropical Green Tea...again. Sounds like I was running all around but everything was in about a 5 mile radius.

While I was out I took the car to the DIY car wash. The blow back from the spray felt wonderful. Adult version of running through the sprinklers. :hapydancsmil:

Yeah..... :amen: for Momo's hubby's test!

Adult sprinkler.....Is that why guys always like to wash cars? Just a form of playing in water? :rolleyes:

Trying to stay cool.....about to freeze while getting my core temperature down. :shakinghead:
Have to go feed soon.

MtRider Time to bring the watermelon up from the downstairs fridge! :yum3:

Did this just get really small print or did my page get small......on DH's laptop now and.....tooo many buttons for MtRider :gaah:

Edited by Mt_Rider

It was hot here today too, so we went and talked to financial folks in nice, air conditioned offices (well mostly). I am getting a consolidation loan to help clean up past financial obligations at cheaper interest rates, and also getting a newer RV at a cheaper loan rate, saving a couple hundred a month all told, which I can roll over into paying up some MORE bills off. Getting my finances in shape, even as I lose weight and take up weight training again. You'd think it was Jan 1st around here....sheesh!

Its time to take things in hand in case the world goes even more wonky than it is already.....Even if nothing else happens, it will neaten up my life a bit. The RV is really nice....a Monaco LaPalma.....used of course, but the original owners had some very nice extras put in....leather, heated, 6-way electric adjustable seats, for example....laminated wood floors....gold bathroom fixtures....cedar closets....I can hardly wait to go pick it up.

Edited by kappydell

Sounds very good, Kappy.

My fingers must have pushed some buttons and my brain forgot how to enlarge again. Everyone's posts had teeny letters. :sigh:

MtRider ...finally remembered: Control button and + .....back to normal size. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the good blood results, Momo. Bet it was a relief. I know MIL's results were an amazing relief to me and her.

Jayceef, did you get your cleaning done?

Lol, adult sprinklers. My car is in need, but it's supposed to be raining here on Sunday. If it does, the trip home should clean it. :)

Congrats Kappy, sounds like things are getting better for you.

That's a lot of veggies Miki.

It was hot yesterday here too. Worked on weeding Moms asparagus patch until the heat got to me. When I quit sweating I came in and took a cold shower and drank a bunch of water.

I'm going to finish the job today...early, before it gets hot.

Time to get it done.

The RV sounds lovely Kappy. You are so lucky to have a good friend and roomie who is like minded! When I did a re-fi on my house a few years back I saved a bundle even though it added a few years to the mortgage. Yep, getting your house in order isn't only about cleaning and decluttering. Although that helps a lot...so I'm told. :happy0203:

Stay safe out in that heat Annie!

I"m staying put today. It's 94 degrees right now.

Sounds very good, Kappy.

My fingers must have pushed some buttons and my brain forgot how to enlarge again. Everyone's posts had teeny letters. :sigh:

MtRider ...finally remembered: Control button and + .....back to normal size. :rolleyes:

Mt. Rider, my laptop did that yesterday but control + did not work. Got on dh's laptop to google and my zoom for my browser was set at 10% instead of 100%. Have no idea what I pushed to do that, but glad I had another one to google on!

When do you get to pick up new rv, Kappy? I hope soon!!!

From 6 of the summer squash I was gifted, I made creamed squash and boy is that good! Guess I'll make B&B pickles with the rest sometime early this week.

Mmmmm, B&B pickles...

Thanks Jeepers, and I should know better than staying out in the heat working. I get caught up working on stuff and ignore how I feel.

Finished Moms asparagus patch. I'm hoping I got all the Bermuda grass roots, they were choking the asparagus.

image.jpeg

The newspaper said I-10 will be closed tomorrow, starting at 3am for construction, at the area I usually get on to go home. I will have to drive surface streets an extra 10 miles to take the next on ramp.

Time to get some sleep. I need to be on the road by 8 am.

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

:D

It's been hotter than normal here too. It's been in the mid-upper 80s in the shade. Our thermometer that's in the sun isn't working. It keeps blinking 57 degrees. I guess it needs a battery. It's an indoor-outdoor type.

DH and I are leaving in a few minutes to go to a friend's place to pick blueberries. It's about 20 miles. They said we could pick them without cost so we're grateful. We hope to get 5 or 6 gallons before it gets too hot.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hope you get lots of blueberries, Daylilly!

And safe travels for you Annarchy! Just take it slow and be aware, huh?!

We will be working on dh's VA certificate of Eligibility for a home loan today on the VA website. Not the easiest navigation. And some mending I did not get done last week along with housework. Dog haircuts put off until after I do something with all that okra and squash!

Thank you! We did get about 6 gallons before it got too hot. They have more and if the bears don't get them, we'd like to go back. Lots of green ones still too. They are leaving for a 10 day vacation in Costa Rica with their DD, DSIL and DGS. SIL is from there.

#1...I'm keeping cool....cuz it's in the upper 80's today. 50% chance of rain must have slid elsewhere. :( Instead I've been watching small plumes of smoke down a ways from me.

:runcirclsmiley2:

Got up to couple acres but haven't seen plumes for a couple hours so .......hopefully they got it out!!!! Just one of the neighborhood fires that happen when we're this dry. :blink:

MtRider .....yano? It's way tooooo hot for me to deal with a fire EVAC :knary: And my truck does not have A/C... :0327:

Edited by Mt_Rider

VA website was down again, 2nd day in a row.

Boy we had a storm this afternoon! 3 1/4" in about an hour and a half! And so much lightning!

Would give you some of this rain, Mt. Rider!

Hope the VA certificate of Eligibility for a home loan goes well.

Edited by snapshotmiki